Edema is an excessive accumulation of fluid in the tissues of the body and in its organs.
When swelling is necessary to adhere to salt and fruit and vegetable diets. It is recommended to eat more baked or cooked potatoes, eggplant, beans, dried apricots, lemon, cabbage, cucumbers, parsley, garlic. Drink the best green tea or a decoction made from watermelon crusts. Also, food should be rich in proteins and potassium. Protein can be obtained from meat, hard cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, sour cream, fish. Apricots, melons, rice, orange and tangerine juices contain potassium. An indispensable product for a decongestant diet is soy.
This indicates the general principles of nutrition in edema. Each patient is individually assigned his own diet therapy, depending on the cause that caused this phenomenon.
Pumpkin juice helps to remove swelling. It should be drunk every day for 100 milliliters.
Dangerous and harmful products with edema
- salt (it is necessary to exclude its consumption altogether or to limit reception to 1,5 grams for 24 hours);
- a large amount of liquid (can be consumed from 500 milliliters to 1,5 liters per day);
- all fried, spicy dishes;
- dried, dried fish, meat;
- sauces, marinades, mayonnaise;
- fatty cream, desserts;
- alcoholic beverages and any other drinks and products containing caffeine;
- Wheat flour;
- Any products that include artificial additives or fillers.
All of the above products should be excluded from the diet (except for liquid and salt – you just need to observe their daily rate).
If there is an edema on the background of allergies, it is necessary to exclude from consumption the product that provoked it.