Diet without carbohydrates: eat and lose weight!
Summer is in full swing! The season of holidays and the time of hot days simply oblige to have a slim figure. However, not all girls can boast of ideal forms. But how to lose those extra pounds when there is such an abundance of fresh vegetables and appetizing meat products on the shelves? The answer is simple – to go on a diet that does not exclude these foods. Yes, yes such diets also exist!
Restrictions on carbohydrates when dieting!
Restriction or complete exclusion of carbohydrates from the diet is the basic principle of most "miracle diets" from the "Eat and Thin" series. Such diets have gained immense popularity due to their effectiveness and relative ease of execution. All diet programs, built on this principle, are conditionally divided into two groups:
The application of the first type of diet provides a quick disposal of excess weight, while long-term weight loss programs allow you to gradually get rid of unnecessary pounds and not break metabolism.
Diet without carbohydrates: the result, time-tested
The non-carbohydrate diet program is one of the most common methods of dealing with excess weight these days. Once this method of losing weight was developed specifically for the Kremlin figures who do not intend to gain extra pounds at banquets, but at the same time do not want to give up a huge abundance of delicious food. Such a diet was called the Kremlin.
The diet without carbohydrates was very popular in 60-70 years, not only in our country, but also abroad. With her help, such well-known athletes as Frank Zane, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dave Draper and Franco Colombo have achieved impressive results, impressing everyone with the muscular relief of their bodies and leaving extremely positive feedback.
"Tasty" diet excluding carbohydrates
The essence of the diet is to reduce the amount of calories consumed by carbohydrates. At the same time, fats and proteins are allowed to be consumed in any quantity. Since it is carbohydrates that supply energy to the body, when there is a deficit in them, the body begins to use fat stores as energy. As a result, there is a rapid decrease in excess weight, and when performing certain physical exercises – the formation of a beautiful muscle relief.
To effectively reduce weight, the total amount of carbohydrates per day should not exceed 40 grams. Information on the amount of carbohydrates in each product is contained in special tables, viewing which you can choose a suitable food for the diet menu. With all the rules, a diet with a low carbohydrate content allows 10 days to get rid of 4-5 kilograms of excess weight, without changing the general condition of the body.
Important nuances of a carbohydrate diet
- Throughout the diet, simple carbohydrates (sugar, semi-finished products, flour and confectionery) should be excluded from the diet completely. In limited quantities, foods containing complex carbohydrates (brown rice, wholemeal bread, etc.) are allowed to be consumed.
- In the first few days of the diet, the daily norm of carbohydrates should be reduced to 20 grams in order to create a significant deficit and ensure the body's adjustment to the processing of fats.
- In the process of losing weight in the diet should be included vitamins and special drugs that improve metabolism.
- It is necessary to drink plenty of water.
- In the case of a prolonged diet, after the expiration of 14 days, it is necessary to arrange days of rest from restrictions that allow you to saturate the body with the right carbohydrates.
During the diet, the following foods are recommended:
- Fish and meat;
- Kefir and cottage cheese;
- Vegetables not containing starch;
- Olive oil, pepper, salt, garlic, spices;
- Black and green tea without sugar, herbal teas.
It is necessary to introduce taboos on such products:
- Flour products;
- Cereals, sugar;
- Fruits and vegetables containing starch;
- Squids, crab sticks;
- Sweet and carbonated drinks;
What role do proteins, fats and carbohydrates play in the diet?
Carbohydrates are responsible for the intake of sugar in the human body, which in the process of metabolism is converted into glucose. Glucose is a source of energy, and carbohydrates provide the generation of this energy. Fats are also necessary for obtaining energy and maintaining the functioning of various organs. Proteins play an important role in strengthening the cellular structure of the body.
The human body tends to accumulate fat for further use. With sufficient intake of carbohydrates, the body will never burn fats and proteins, using only carbohydrates to meet energy needs. In view of the fact that fat and protein are not consumed at all, and surpluses of unspent energy accumulate in the form of fat deposits, the body weight increases. The lack of carbohydrates, in turn, forces the body to burn glycogen (derived from carbohydrates sugar, located in the liver, muscles and fat cells) and the subsequent burning of fat. Thus, the main goal of a carbohydrate diet is to force the body to burn fat to obtain energy.
The "no carbs" diet: an approximate menu
Choosing a menu for a carbohydrate diet, it should be borne in mind that the intake of food per day should be at least 5-6 times. Low-carb daily ration should contain 200-300 gram of any meat, fish or poultry, 1-2 citrus fruit, no more than 300 gram of fresh vegetables, egg, green tea without sugar and at least 1,5 liters of water.
Here is an example of a diet that restricts carbohydrates for a diet for 3 days.
Breakfast: half a grapefruit;
Second breakfast: 1 egg and unsweetened tea;
Lunch: 200 grams of low-fat beef, 200 grams of cucumber salad and greens.
Snack: half a grapefruit;
Dinner: 200 grams of boiled fish.
Breakfast: 1 egg, 20 gram of cheese, coffee without sugar;
Lunch: cottage cheese with lean sour cream.
Lunch: fish soup without potatoes;
Dinner: 150 grams of boiled chicken, 1 tomato.
Before going to bed, you can eat 1 apple.
Breakfast: 2 sausages, 100 grams of baked eggplant, tea without sugar;
Dinner: vegetable soup with melted cheese;
Snack: 100 gram of low-fat cottage cheese with unsweetened fat-free yogurt.
Dinner: boiled fish, cucumber, mineral water.
Non-carbohydrate diet: looking for benefits
- Diet does not limit the intake of nutritious and healthy food, which can be consumed in sufficient quantities.
- Included in the dietary program, protein foods and foods containing fats give satiety and prevent the formation of a feeling of hunger.
- The body gets used to controlling the food eaten, which in the future helps to observe the principles of healthy eating.
Like any other effective dietary techniques, a diet without carbohydrates is not without flaws. Among the negative factors can be noted:
- Insufficient balance of the diet due to the lack of products containing carbohydrates;
- Presence of contraindications: hypertension, diabetes, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Violation of the process of insulin production;
- Possible violation of water-salt metabolism.
Despite the rather extensive menu and the relative simplicity of compliance, a carbohydrate diet should be considered solely as a remedy used only when necessary. Repeated appeal to this diet program is possible not earlier than in 2-3 months.