Treatment and diet with a hernia of the esophagus are aimed at reducing the frequency of esophageal reflux, eliminating esophagitis and preventing the progression of the hernia and its complications. The diet assumes:
- avoid difficult to digest food (fatty, fried);
- products that cause flatulence;
- Do not consume large amounts of fluid, as this contributes to the occurrence of gastroesophageal reflux;
- exclude tobacco, alcohol and coffee;
- take food in small portions.
Diet with hernia of the esophagus should have minimal effect on the esophagus mucosa during the exacerbation (pain, heartburn, discomfort in the esophagus and stomach), and with the disappearance of pain and improvement of health it expands.
This diet is full, moderately sparing and contains a sufficient number of fibers that have an antacid effect. Patients with stricture of the esophagus prepare more crushed, liquid and semi-liquid food. Obese patients are limited to calloraw.
- The diet contains food products – weak pathogens of secretion, but not irritating mucous and quickly leaving the stomach. The dishes are excluded – strong exciters of secretion, hot and cold dishes.
- The food is liquid and mushy, and mostly in ragged form, steamed.
- Cut bread from wholemeal flour, foods rich in fiber (turnip, radish, asparagus, beans, radish, peas), fruits with coarse skin (gooseberries, grapes, currants, dates).
- Power fractional (break no more than 4 h), in small portions.
- Dinner is light, and at night – a glass of milk or cream.
- The food should be thoroughly chewed. Implementation of some rules will help reduce gastric regurgitation:
- Avoid work with inclinations forward, gymnastics at which intra-abdominal pressure, lifting of gravity, positions raises.
- Avoid overeating and being in a horizontal position after eating.
- Do not wear tight belts.
- To not allow constipation and meteorism, to conduct their timely treatment.
- Eating for 3-4 h before bedtime.
- Sleep with the raised upper half of the body at 3-5, see.
- According to the doctor’s prescription, it is possible to take mineral waters that have an alkaline effect, reduce the acid factor, reduce the frequency of reflux, reduce inflammation of the mucosa and normalize the motor skills of the esophagus and stomach.
Hernia is a risk factor for development reflux disease. Regular throws into the esophagus of gastric contents, leads to damage to the lower part of his department with the development of catarrhal or erosive-ulcerative changes. Of great importance in this is the formation of the so-called acid pocket in the bottom of the stomach, which is a reservoir of concentrated acidic contents and maintains constant refluxes. Acid pocket is formed in 30 minutes after eating and has a volume of 50-70 ml. In patients with a hernia, the pocket is located above the diaphragm of the hernial cavity, which repeatedly increases the casting into the esophagus.
In patients with a hernia, the esophagus is released from the reflux and it stays in its lumen for a long time. Reflux in the esophagus is undesirable, because its epithelium is sensitive to the action of gastric juice, so erosive and ulcerative lesions of the mucosa develop. In the erosive form of esophagitis, conservative treatment (proton pump blockers, antacids) and diet therapy is recommended.
In the presence of erosive or ulcerative esophagitis in the period of exacerbation, esophagospasm shows nutrition with the maximum sparing, which helps to reduce the excitability of the stomach and restore the mucosa of the esophagus. It is prescribed in the first days for a period of 7-14 days, depending on the severity of the disease, followed by a transition to a stress To the diet. The diet is not balanced and low-calorie.
Food is characterized by a slight decrease in the amount of protein and fat and a significant restriction of carbohydrates. The salt is allowed in the amount of 16
- Exciters of secretion (broths) and strong irritants of mucous (rough products, all vegetables) are excluded.
- Do not eat difficult-to-digest foods (hard meat, mushrooms, poultry and fish skin).
- All food is in liquid form (sometimes in mushy). The dishes are boiled, wiped and diluted to the desired state with water.
- Excluded are cold and hot dishes that adversely affect the mucous membrane.