The first signs of cervical osteochondrosis appear after 20-years of age and are characterized by headaches that are not removed by analgesics, frequent fainting, worsening of hearing and vision, loss of coordination during sharp turns of the head, pains in the upper shoulder girdle and hands.
Postponed trauma of the spine and scoliosis, automatically enroll a person in the “risk group”. Cervical osteochondrosis can lead to disastrous consequences, up to disability, if not to engage in its treatment in the early stages.
The nature of the appearance of osteochondrosis is not fully understood, but modern diagnostic methods (MRI, CT, X-ray) can accurately identify the affected areas to determine the desired treatment program.
What is the “secret” of the healing effect of exercise therapy
Exercises of medical gymnastics can eliminate the root cause of pathological changes in the spine of a degenerative-dystrophic nature. Stimulation of metabolic processes normalizes metabolism and improves the state of intervertebral discs.
Underdeveloped musculature of the back, insufficient physical activity or vice versa – excessive loads, spinal injuries, long uncomfortable static postures (the specificity of some professions) are the factors that lead to the appearance of osteochondrosis. With the influence of such “pathogens” are successfully cope with special complexes of physiotherapy exercises. Not all are equipped with the knowledge of such exercises, if you are looking for one, this physiotherapy in Ontario has some of the best professional doctors who have experience in the field and with similar cases which often yield them a positive result.
Exercises with minimal load in cervical osteochondrosis
When the disease worsens, a set of exercises is appointed in a “sparing” regime, in order to avoid the triggering of complications. The main task of this period will be relief of pain and maintenance of a normal mode of life.
Exercise to relax the neck muscles
Alternating tension and relaxation with a static pause:
- in a standing position, lower your hands, strain and clench your fists;
- straighten your back, keep your shoulder blades and lower your shoulders;
- to pause for 20-XNUMx sec, keeping the tension of the hands;
- relax and repeatedly shake hands forwards and backwards.
Alternate bending of the head to the sides:
- from the standing position (you can sit), slowly tilt your head to the side and touch with the ear of the shoulder;
- fix the pose on 10sec .;
- also slowly, return to the starting position;
- repeat in the opposite direction.
Head incline up and to the sides:
- Lower your head down, touch the chin of the upper edge of your sternum;
- Turn your head to the side and hold it for 5sec. such a position;
- gently turn the head in the opposite direction and repeat the delay.
Head incline down:
- Lower the chin to the chest, without changing the position of the shoulders;
- straighten your head.
Circular rotation in the shoulder joint:
- stretch your arms out to the sides, lower your shoulders;
- Circular movements in the shoulder joint forward and backward (to the 4 account).
Hand outs due to the back muscles:
- Pull your arms out to the sides and lower your shoulders;
- Put the shoulder blades together, hands move back;
- Return to the starting position (IP).
A wide range of therapeutic exercises allows you to choose the most effective, with different stages and forms of the disease. At the heart of medical appointments is an individual approach that takes into account the physical condition and physiological characteristics of the patient.
Physician-physiotherapist determines the appropriate method and dosage of the load, taking into account the stage of the disease, duration, symptoms, age and sex.
Effective complex of exercise therapy for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
The main task of the exercises used for the prevention and treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine: stretching and strengthening of muscle groups that provide movement of the head and neck.
Torso rotations from different positions
Turns to the sides with the divorced hands:
- bend your knees and spread your hands to the sides;
- Turn the body to the right and left (4 times).
Turns with a touch of the opposite palm:
- spread your hands to the sides;
- Turning the body to the left, try to touch the left hand with the right hand;
- repeat in the opposite direction.
Rotation on the toes with the support of hands:
- stand between two chairs and lean on the backs;
- To rise on socks and to carry out rotational movements of a basin in one and other parties (on 4 times).
Transitions from a standing position:
- arms stretch along the trunk and slowly sit, leaning on the hands;
- Take a lying position, also with the help of hands;
- repeat 3-4 times at a slow pace.
Raise the head and shoulders from the prone position on the abdomen:
- Lie on your stomach, straighten your legs, place your arms along the body;
- raise head and shoulders, leaning on legs and abdomen;
- return to it. 4-6 repeats.
Therapeutic exercises with osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine
Pain between the shoulder blades may be harbingers of the disease. Incorrect posture when sitting, excessive tension of the back – the main causes of chest osteochondrosis. Complexes of exercises are aimed at improving the mobility of the intervertebral connections of the thoracic region, lifting the muscle blockade and restoring the respiratory function in full.
Exercise on the stool:
- the upper back rests against the back of the chair;
- bend over in the thoracic area and tilt forward;
- return to it. and repeat the movement (4-6 repetitions).
- put your hands behind your head;
- on inhalation, bend over, pressing the scapula to the back of the chair;
- exhale and repeat motion (up to 5 times).
“Pendulum” in the shoulder girdle:
- in a standing position, place the brush on the shoulders;
- Lower one shoulder while lifting the other. The head moves toward the descending shoulder (up to 6 times).
Lying on the stomach, changing the position of the hands:
- arms stretch forward and lift the upper part of the trunk;
- return to the IP;
- Hands along the trunk and a similar movement of the body;
- return to the IP;
- Hands in the lock on the waist, lift the trunk and pull the elbows up, while reducing the shoulder blades;
- perform an 4 repeat in each option.
Exercises exercise at a diagnosis of “lumbar osteochondrosis”
Exercises used for the treatment of lumbar spine osteochondrosis include alternating body rotations, extension of the back from different starting positions, lifts of legs, grouping with bent knees. Under the strict prohibition of lifting weights, which will exacerbate the course of the disease.
Exercise to stretch the lumbar muscle group:
- lie on one side;
- pull the hips to the stomach, alternately left and right foot, trying to pull the muscles as much as possible (from 4 to 6 repetitions, depending on the state of health).
Raising bent legs with a simultaneous deflection in the lower back:
- Down on his knees and rest his hands on the floor;
- raise your bent leg up, bent in the lumbar region;
- to take i.p. and repeat with the other foot.
- lie on your back and slightly bend your knees;
- Put your legs to the right of the trunk, while turning your head and body to the left;
- make a few wiggles;
- Repeat in the other direction;
- the number of repetitions is up to 10.
A simplified version is the turning of the legs, without changing the position of the head and trunk.
- lie on the ball with hips, resting your hands on the floor;
- to carry out push-ups (load to regulate on state of health).
Body lifts with the diluted hands:
- kneel and lie down on the fitball;
- Raise the body, spreading his hands to the sides;
- kneel, hands down freely at the sides;
- tilt the body forward, until the forehead touches the floor;
- Stay in this position until the muscles relax completely.
Extreme rehabilitation by the method of Dr. Bubnovsky
Dr. Bubnovsky has developed a unique method of treating osteochondrosis, based on personal experience of restoring motor activity after a trauma. The method is based on the principle of motor activity aimed at strengthening the muscular corset, joints and ligaments. In therapeutic procedures, special joint exercises, cryotherapy (cold treatment) and simulators are used.
Exercises for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis on the simulator
Deep slopes with straight arms:
- sit on the floor or bench, hands hold the bar (any grasp), and straightened legs rest on the simulator;
- maximally forward inclination;
- on the return, elbows bend and pull the bar to themselves;
- when moving, the blades are reduced;
- up to 12 repetitions with available weight.
Pulling on a low horizontal bar
Pulling up, standing on the ground with bent hands:
- take hold of the crossbar with a narrow, wide or reverse grip;
- pulling up at a slow pace.
For physically trained people, you can use pull-ups on a standard crossbar.
Classic exercises for stretching the muscles of the cervical spine
Head inclinations with fixation:
- sitting, arms down;
- tilt of the head, stretching the “crown” to the shoulder;
- feeling the tension of muscles, fix the pose on 20-XNUMxec .;
- return to it. and repeat the other way.
- in a standing position, stretch the neck forward with the turn of the head to the shoulder;
- repeat in the opposite direction;
- with uncomfortable sensations, withstand XNUMxec. pause in the final phase of the movement.
Exercise N3 are performed with an 5 repeat.
After classes by the technique of Dr. Bubnovsky, pain in the muscles can be felt, but this reaction should not worry the patient. Positive shifts begin to appear after two weeks (subject to daily training).
Useful “therapy” of therapeutic gymnastic “na”
The choice of optimal loads and corresponding exercises, individually selected for a specific type of osteochondrosis and the phase of the disease, will ensure the effectiveness of this method of treatment. Long-term practice of using complexes of exercise therapy for various types of osteochondrosis proves their tangible benefit for patients:
- pains decrease;
- metabolic processes in the body are normalized, due to increased blood flow and lymph flow;
- the muscles become more elastic, thereby reducing the overall load on the spine;
- the mobility of intervertebral joints increases, the volume of movements widens;
- nerve endings are restored;
- correct posture is formed, the risk of muscle spasms is prevented;
- the musculoskeletal tissues process excess salt deposits.
Important: the use of this method of treatment, without the appointment of a doctor, can have the opposite effect and cause harm to health.
Conditions to be observed by the patient:
- ensure regularity of classes (daily schedule is recommended);
- the duration of the lesson should not exceed 30min;
- Increase the intensity of loads gradually;
- All movements are carried out at a slow pace, without jerks and overvoltages;
- follow the technique of doing exercises;
- do not allow breathing delays;
- to control state of health and immediately stop training, in case of headache, dizziness, nausea, pain in muscles, joints, spine, numbness of limbs;
- periodically consult with a doctor (if the classes are conducted at home without the instructor LFK).
Cases when therapeutic physical training “is left out”
There are a number of restrictions that do not allow the use of the drugs of exercise therapy. The treatment method should be chosen only by the attending physician. Contraindications include the following conditions:
- acute phases of osteochondrosis;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system (arrhythmia and tachycardia, arterial aneurysms, post and pre-infarction states);
- intervertebral hernia;
- violations of the vestibular apparatus;
- infectious diseases;
- severe forms of diabetes mellitus;
- diseases of the organs of vision (consultation of the oculist is needed);
- tumors, bruises, spinal injuries;
- tendency to bleeding;
- impaired coordination of movements.
It is recommended to people of advanced age to conduct physical training in specialized cabinets of exercise therapy, under the guidance of a methodologist.
Simple effective exercises are recommended by the doctor in the following video:
The experience of preventive and curative measures proves the validity of the application of medical gymnastics in most cases of the disease. The best effect in the treatment is achieved by the integrated use of LFK, in combination with massage and physiotherapy. For preventive purposes it is recommended to do cardio workouts (walking, skiing and cross-country walks, swimming). Attempts to solve the “problem” with the help of pain medications, only for a while will bring relief, leaving the disease all the chances to progress.
All the same, the main thing in my opinion is to use less fluid, and there will be no swelling, but spices to edema.
I could not stand it on one water. Tried a diet, but I was only up until the evening. Although feel.
Slacker diets here are given, I was hoping to find here something like abc, ad and similar diets From the summer I.
A good drug, most importantly – do not overdo it with a dosage, which seems to have been a couple of times.