Fat hepatosis refers to liver disease and is characterized by fatty liver cell dystrophy (accumulation of lipids in the liver cells).
The causes of the disease are eating disorders, taking medications, drinking alcohol, intoxication and overweight. But often the cause of the disease is vegetarianism.
The process is reversible provided that the detection and elimination of harmful factors, including when dieting.
The goals that pursue the diet for fatty hepatosis:
- adjustment of all hepatic functions,
- normalization of fat and cholesterol metabolism,
- stimulation of the production of bile, which is involved in the digestive process
- the creation of a depot of glycogen in the liver, which has a beneficial effect on glucose supply of the body.
Thus, a diet with fatty hepatosis is designed to expel excess fats from the liver.
General characteristics of the diet (per day)
- the energy value of the diet is 3000 – 3300 kcal (by increasing the fiber and protein content);
- carbohydrates 400 gr., of which no more than 100 gr. easily digestible;
- Fats not more than 80 gr., of which 30% are vegetable;
- proteins 100 – 140 gr., Of which more than 60% of animal origin
The number of meals should be frequent until 5 – 6 once a day (the principle of fractionality). Fractional food helps fight hunger, prevents overeating and activates the metabolism.
In addition, the diet for fatty hepatosis should be full, and meals regular.
It is necessary to give up the intention to lose weight fast, to starve, as this harms the work of the liver.
Every day it is necessary to consume at least 1,5 liters of free liquid, through which harmful metabolic products are excreted from the body. It can be non-carbonated mineral water, herbal teas, fruit drinks, freshly prepared juices.
With fatty hepatosis it is necessary to completely abandon the use of alcohol, especially from strong spirits. As you know, the destruction of alcohol occurs in the liver, and the intake of alcoholic beverages creates an unnecessary burden on the diseased organ.
It is necessary to limit the intake of salt, up to 10 gr. in a day. Excess of salt delays the fluid in the body, causes swelling, which adversely affects the quality of bile (it becomes thick and viscous).
Daily protein intake should be at least 100 gr., Which is necessary to activate metabolic processes, accumulation of glycogen in the liver and normalization of fat metabolism.
The temperature of food for fatty hepatosis 15 – 60 degrees Celsius. The intake of too hot and cold dishes is excluded, since they irritate the gastric mucosa and aggravate the digestive disorders.
People with overweight or obesity should normalize their weight, which will not only facilitate the work of the liver, but also normalizes the metabolism of substances in the body, preventing the development of other chronic diseases.
The daily fat content in the diet should not exceed 80 gr. More than half of the agreed amount should be vegetable fats. Limiting the consumption of animal fats normalizes the work of the liver and digestive tract as a whole, helps the liver “lose weight”, that is, get rid of the fat stored in it.
The list of prohibited products includes
- fried foods (disrupt the digestion process),
- dishes with a lot of animal fats, purines and carbohydrates (contribute to the development of complications of the disease),
- irritating the gastric mucosa and enhancing the production of gastric juice (activate the work of the gastrointestinal tract, provoke excessive formation of bile, which increases the burden on the affected liver).
In addition, it is necessary to abandon digestible carbohydrates, as they quickly turn into fats and are not deposited in the liver in the form of glycogen.
Products that cause excessive gas formation and stay in the intestine for a long time, thereby “forcing” the liver to work for nothing, should also be excluded.
List of Prohibited Products
- from drinks it is necessary to exclude coffee, cocoa, carbonated and sweet drinks (Coca-Cola, Pepsi, lemonade), grape juice;
- soups: okroshka, meat, fish and mushroom broths, soups from legumes, spinach, sorrel;
- pasta with mayonnaise, spicy or tomato sauce, with butter;
- by-products (liver, heart, tongue) fatty meat and poultry (duck, goose, pork, lamb), sausages, smoked products, meat and fish canned food;
- caviar of fish, sushi, fatty fish (trout, sturgeon, beluga, catfish, burbot, eel), salted and smoked fish;
- fresh bread, products from puff and yeast dough, donuts and patties fried;
- cheeses of sharp and salty varieties, fatty cottage cheese, sour cream, cream, high-fat milk;
- forbidden vegetables: white cabbage, Brussels sprouts, sorrel, spinach, rhubarb, radish, radish, turnip, eggplant, garlic and onion (strengthen the secretion of gastric juice), asparagus, bell peppers, green onions, pickled vegetables, spicy herbs) parsley , dill, fennel, basil) in large quantities;
- raw berries and fruits (raspberries, figs, grapes, cranberries, strawberries, plums, pears, melons, cherries and cherries, etc.);
- Cooked eggs and dishes with the addition of whole eggs;
- mayonnaise, ketchup, adzhika, horseradish, mustard, pepper, vinegar, other spices;
- confectionery with cream and protein creams, sugar is limited, chocolate.
Products approved for fatty hepatosis
All dishes that are shown with fatty hepatosis should be boiled, baked or steamed.
Thus, first of all, the maximum shaking of the liver is provided, the load on the digestive tract decreases. The process of absorption of nutrients in the intestine is faster, which does not make the pancreas and the gallbladder work beyond measure.
In addition, the list of allowed products includes those that contain a large number of lipotropic (fat-dissolving) substances: methionine, inositol, lipoic acid, betaine, choline.
Lipotropic substances stimulate the synthesis of lecithin in the liver and promote the removal of fats from it. It is also recommended the use of fiber and pectin in large quantities (require a long time of digestion, create a feeling of satiety, which prevents overeating).
List of allowed products
- weak tea with lemon with a little sugar or xylitol, broth of wild rose, fruit and berry juices without sugar and diluted with water to half, compotes with mashed fresh or dry fruit, jelly, mousse, herbal teas;
- soups from vegetables (potatoes, zucchini, pumpkin, carrots) and with cereals (semolina, oatmeal, buckwheat), vermicelli soups, fruit and milk, vegan soup, beets;
- wiped and viscous porridge of buckwheat, oatmeal, mango, rice porridge on water with milk in the ratio 50 / 50;
- pumpkin seed and sunflower seeds with restriction;
- boiled pasta;
- lean beef and veal, chicken, rabbit, turkey, meatballs and steamed meat, cabbage rolls in small quantities, soufflé, knels, mashed meat;
- lean fish: pike perch, cod, pollock, tuna; steamed meatballs and meatballs from fish, seafood; oysters, squid, shrimp and mussels with restrictions, veal dumplings, light salted salmon;
- bread of rye and bran, yesterday’s wheat bread, biscuits, biscuits, unsweetened biscuits, uneaten baked goods with boiled meat and fish, cottage cheese, apples, dry biscuit (gingerbread in limited quantities);
- unsweetened and unsalted cheeses, sour cream of low fat content is limited, low-fat cottage cheese, yogurt is not more than 2% fat, yogurt (dumplings lazy and with cottage cheese, cheesecakes, casseroles, souffle), milk up to 200 ml per day;
- baked and boiled potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, pumpkin, beetroot, green peas, Peking cabbage; fresh salad;
- ripe and non-acidic apples (raw, baked), bananas, compotes of pureed fruits, pomegranates sweet;
- protein omelets, 1 – 2 once a week, yolk cooked;
- butter not more than 30 gr., vegetable refined oils, add to ready meals;
- vegetable, dairy, sour cream sauces (flour is not toasted, but dried), cinnamon, vanillin, dill and parsley in small quantities, soy sauce;
- sweet berries and fruits in baked and cooked kinds, dried fruits, jelly, kissels, mousses, jam not sour and not very sweet, pastilles, honey, marshmallows (limited), a little sugar;
- vegetable fresh salads with unrefined vegetable oil, fruit with low-fat yogurt, squash caviar, vinaigrette, sauerkraut.
Necessity of dieting
Compliance with diet with fatty hepatosis normalizes all metabolic processes in the body, especially fat, which helps to remove excess fat from the liver, accumulation of useful and necessary glycogen in it (the source of carbohydrates), in most cases leads to recovery and normalizes weight.
Reduced load on the liver helps to facilitate the work of the stomach, intestines and pancreas, reduces the risk of developing diabetes and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
In addition, compliance with the diet eliminates the need to take medications, which also has a beneficial effect on the liver.
The consequences of non-compliance with the diet
If the diet is not adhered to, fatty hepatosis can lead to the following consequences:
- chronic cholecystitis with the formation of stones in the gallbladder;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- Vascular disease (arterial hypertension, varicose veins);
- chronic diseases of the digestive tract;
- Insufficiency of immunity;
- tumors of the genital sphere (the fat layer contains estrogen receptors).