Colonoscopy is a medical procedure that allows you to most accurately diagnose with pathologies of the rectum and large intestine. But for it to be successful it is important to eat only healthy foods before colonoscopy.
In addition, that a special diet allows not only to successfully pass the diagnosis, but also to cleanse the body of toxins and toxins, as well as slightly lose weight.
Important! If you follow a diet before the colonoscopy, you must exclude excessive physical and mental stress.
Features of nutrition before colonoscopy
This is possible with a low-calorie, low-fat diet with a low fiber content, which will reduce the number of feces. Also, it is necessary to exclude products that cause fermentation in the intestines and bloating.
To do this, you need to know what you can eat before colonoscopy, and what’s forbidden.
Avoid Foods before colonoscopy
If you follow a diet before colonoscopy of the intestine from the menu it is necessary to completely remove the following products:
- raw vegetables and greens, in boiled and ground form, are forbidden for 48 hours before examination (cabbage cannot be eaten in any form);
- raw fruits and berries, for 48 hours before the procedure, boiled fruitless peeled apple, peach, half a banana, a piece of melon are allowed;
- leguminous crops such as beans, chickpeas, lentils, peas and others;
- avoid all fried foods.
Before colonoscopy you should also avoid:
- lean varieties of fish, meat, and broths from them, vegetable broths;
- macaroni, made of high quality wheat;
- eggs soft-boiled or omelette, steamed;
- biscuit and cracker;
- butter, mayonnaise, margarine, vegetable oils;
- fermented milk products, skimmed cheese, cheese;
- honey, sugar.
List of allowed foods
- Low-fat varieties of meat (beef, veal, chicken) and fish (pike perch, hake, pike, carp etc.).
- Porridge (buckwheat, rice).
- Soups (vegetable broth, soup-puree), meat broth.
- Fermented milk products (yoghurt, kefir, sour cream, cottage cheese).
- White yesterday’s bread, biscuit biscuits.
- Unsweetened green tea, compote, fruit and vegetable juice, diluted with water.
After a colonoscopy you are allowed to eat:
- vegetable soups;
- steam omelet;
- boiled lean fish, you can cook it in a double boiler;
- raw and stewed or boiled vegetables;
- fresh fruits.
After the procedure, the following are prohibited:
- fried meat and fish;
- sausages, marinades, canned food, smoked products;
- cereals from whole-grain cereals;
- fresh bread and pastries, confectionery.
How to eat properly after the study of the intestine in more detail tell the doctor. The doctor should make a diet after a colonoscopy based on the general well-being of the patient.