Foot press in the simulator – an excellent multi-joint exercise for the muscles of the legs and buttocks, which can replace squats with a barbell on the shoulders, if you have problems with the lower back and you are counter-indicative exercises with axial load on the spine. In this case, pressing your feet in the simulator is just an indispensable exercise for you. Today, we will talk in more detail about this exercise, learn about the advantages and correct technique of performing the bench press.
The advantages of a bench press lying in the simulator
According to the results of the studies, the press of the feet in the simulator and squats with the bar equally create tension in the quadriceps. Therefore, we can talk about the interchangeability of these exercises for the development of leg muscles. However, compared to squats, bench presses in the simulator have the following advantages:
- There is no axial load on the spine. If you have scoliosis, an intervertebral hernia or other problems with the back, then you are not allowed to perform exercises with an axial load on the spine, which include squats with a bar. In this case, pressing your feet in the simulator will serve you as an ideal substitute for sit-ups, since this exercise relieves stress from the back and allows you to safely work with huge working scales.
- Allows you to shift the emphasis of the load on the buttocks, leading, retracting and other muscles of the thigh.
- The ability to perform the exercise with each foot individually to eliminate the imbalance in the development of the muscles of the left and right legs.
- Security. You can press your feet in the simulator with huge working scales without insurance and at the same time are not afraid of getting injured.
As you can see, press with your feet is really a very useful exercise for the legs. Now we will take a closer look at the technique of doing this exercise.
Foot press in the simulator: technique of execution
1. Lie down on the bench of the simulator, put your feet on the moving platform for the press with your feet, grasp the handles and firmly press your back against the back of the simulator.
2. On exhalation straighten the legs in the knee joints and lower the levers that fix the movable platform. On inhalation, smoothly bend your legs in the knee joints, lowering the platform down to the stop.
3. Having reached the bottom point of the amplitude, when the knees will almost touch your chest, with a powerful effort of the muscles of the legs and buttocks squeeze the platform upwards, while exhaling. Having reached the upper point of the amplitude, do the following repetition.
Kicking feet in the simulator: recommendations
1. Do not forget to warm up thoroughly before training. Warm-up will not only save you from injuries, but will also increase your efficiency!
2. During the exercise, make sure that the waist and pelvis are tightly pressed and not detached from the back of the simulator. If this happens, then you lower the platform too low, which is fraught with injury, especially if you work with large weights.
3. At the lowest point, the amplitude of the leg's movement should be bent at the knees at an angle of 90 degrees. I do not recommend lowering the platform below, bending the legs even more, as a traumatic load on the knee joints will be created.
4. Do the exercise at a slow pace. Controllably and without sudden movements, lower the platform downwards, then squeeze it up with a powerful effort of the muscles of the legs.
5. To shift the focus of the load to the inner thigh area (leading muscles), place your feet in the middle of the platform wider than the width of your shoulders and spread a little socks to the sides. In order to shift the focus of the load to the outer quadriceps area, put the feet feet already shoulder widths at the bottom of the platform. The position of the feet at the top of the platform shifts the emphasis of the load on the back of the thighs and buttocks. Optimal position – the feet are on the width of the shoulders in the middle of the platform, the socks are slightly apart in the sides.
6. Personally, I perform bench press in a weight trainer after squats with a barbell to finish off the leg muscles. I have enough 3 working approaches for 10-12 repetitions. Then you can lose weight and make another approach to failure.
Today we looked at one of the best leg exercises – bench presses lying in the simulator. If you liked this article, you can share a link with your friends on social networks. On this I say goodbye to you. Until next time!