Observance of certain recommendations on nutrition in diseases of the digestive tract is considered a fundamental point in treatment and rehabilitation. If the diet is not adhered to, the treatment will not yield the proper result. Proper nutrition with gastric gastritis has a direct positive effect on the functioning of the digestive system, acts indirectly on the body, changing metabolic processes.
Today, thanks to the development of pharmacology, drugs are being prepared for the treatment of diseases of the digestive system. The therapeutic diet has changed: the list of products allowed to consume has expanded. Recommendations on nutrition are supposed to adhere to and understand the need for such a regime. Proper nutrition is in demand for people with a flexible lifestyle.
In the stomach, hydrochloric acid is constantly produced – the most important component of gastric juice. Food products have different effects on the secretory activity of the stomach, stimulating the body, either actively or weakly. Patients with gastritis need to know the prohibited and permitted products.
Strong stimulants of secretory activity
These are prohibited products for patients affected by gastritis with increased secretion, but with atrophic gastritis listed culinary delights are allowed in a small amount.
- meat, fish, mushroom broths, concentrated broths on vegetables;
- seasonings and spices: mustard, horseradish, radish;
- fried food;
- canned food;
- sauces from tomatoes;
- stewed in their own juice fish and meat;
- salted, smoked meat and fish, herring;
- salted, pickled, pickled vegetables and fruits;
- egg yolks, hard-boiled;
- Rye bread;
- stale food fats;
- skimmed milk;
- strong coffee and tea;
- carbonated drinks;
- sour, unripe fruit;
- raw vegetables.
The list of allowed products for any gastritis.
- fatty milk, cottage cheese;
- eggs with a semi-liquid yolk, omelet;
- long boiled meat;
- fresh fish in boiled form;
- vegetable purees;
- milk, mucous soups;
- milk porridge;
- boiled rice;
- alkaline mineral water without gas;
- yesterday’s white bread;
- not strong tea.
Responsible role is given to cooking. For example, fried meat is a stronger stimulant than boiled. To use at a gastritis of a stomach fried meat do not recommend for the specified reason.
Fats first inhibit secretion, and after the formation of saponification products in the intestine, stimulation of the secretion of the stomach occurs. For example, if you eat a herring in vegetable oil, initially feel good, the stomach will remain silent. Gradually there will be heartburn, indigestion, pain in the stomach, as evidence of harm eaten.
It is important to combine the right products. For example, when proteins are combined with fats, stimulation of secretion is not as pronounced as when fat is simply consumed. However, it is stretched in time, long. Patients suffering from gastritis with erosions are called upon to avoid such combinations.
With various types of gastritis, motor skills are an important factor affecting the patient’s quality of life. The patient has to make an approximate daily menu, not eat in public places, so as not to get trapped.
The motor function of the stomach and intestines is affected by the consistency and chemical composition of the food, any eaten piece of food affects the motor skills.
Hard food is in the stomach longer. Faster evacuation of carbohydrates, then proteins, the last of the stomach goes fats. With chronic gastritis, knowledge of order is considered an important factor that can worsen the quality of life.
General principles of nutrition in gastritis
The main goal of therapeutic nutrition is treatment of the stomach and prevention of exacerbations. Products with gastritis are divided into harmful and useful, recommended and not recommended.
- Food on a schedule will lead to the fact that the stomach and enzyme systems are prepared to take and digest food over time. The correct diet contributes to reparative processes.
- Nutrition for gastritis of the stomach is offered in a variety of useful substances and taste.
- Diet and menus for a week are made for a specific person, based on gender, energy costs and other factors.
- Proper processing of food.
- In the development of nutrition, concomitant pathology is taken into account.
- Proper nutrition is recommended in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle.
Do not overeat – there is a mechanical irritation of the stomach due to overexertion. Special harm is caused by regular excessive consumption of food. The sufferer of gastritis is obliged to understand that the inflamed gastric mucosa is extremely vulnerable, with the overgrowth the mucous is injured.
Food, including fiber, damages the gastric mucosa, especially inflamed. Products with coarse fibers:
To eat products with connective tissue fibers is not recommended:
When making the menu for gastritis, choose foods that do not stimulate the secretory activity of the stomach.
It is necessary to cancel or minimize the amount of acidic foods, but a small number of patients eat with low acidity.
Useful food is warm food. Hot food, or cold, damage the inflamed mucosa of the stomach, increasing inflammation. It is desirable to use warm dishes in the diet.
Gentle diet is based on the principles:
- Feeding is relied on in small portions and often, facilitating the work of the stomach.
- Gradual transition from diet to diet.
- Accounting for the stage of the development of the disease, the alternation of diets and the application of products.
- Accounting for concomitant pathology.
- Prophylaxis of possible complications.
With acute gastritis, before the appointment of medical measures, the cause is eliminated. A frequent cause is poisoning, an obligatory measure is the washing of the stomach with warm water or a soda solution prepared from the calculation of 12 g of soda per liter of water. After washing, a single intake of activated charcoal in the form of a powder dissolved in water will facilitate the well-being.
Then it is necessary to decide what is allowed to eat when gastritis. First of all, you should consult a doctor, if you have a serious illness, call home. After examining the patient, the doctor will always recommend, in addition to treatment, therapeutic nutrition: diet, food, drinks.
- Fasting 2 days, followed by a normal drinking regimen.
This is the period of cleansing the body of toxins and partial restoration of the digestive system. In this period questions are not appropriate, whether mushrooms, pancakes, sour cream are allowed.
- Switch to food, according to the 0 diet. There is a consumption of liquid and semi-liquid foods enriched with vitamins. Caloric content is low – up to 1000 kcal per day.
The diet is prescribed to patients after surgery, recommended food is chosen extremely sparing, and the work of the stomach is minimal. The composition of the diet includes a minimum of products that are absolutely necessary.
Prolonged following the diet requires the appointment of parenteral nutrition, the regime includes insufficient nutrients for a full life. Diet is useful only in the first days after the onset of the disease.
What products are allowed to use:
- fruit juices with sugar;
- tea with sugar;
- weak broth on meat;
- scrambled eggs;
You can not eat strong stimuli. You can not smoke, tobacco smoke has a harmful effect on the gastric mucosa, contributes to the development of chronic gastritis.
They eat little by little, in small portions. The stomach after fasting should be “wound up”, like other enzyme systems of the body.
Compliance with the recommendations will maximally protect the stomach from mechanical and chemical damage. The main list of permitted products corresponds to a diet of one. A characteristic feature – the food is mushy, taking 6 once a day. The daily amount of energy 1800 kcal due to a reduced amount of proteins and fats. The dietary table is prescribed for a short period, for a long-term intake there is a shortage of nutrients.
- On the seventh day, they start eating, according to the 1 diet.
This is a transitional diet for the gradual complication of the work of the stomach.
Nutrition is designed to meet certain principles required for compliance with a person who has suffered acute gastritis:
- Diet is recommended for a variety of, typical for the area of residence.
- Sufficient energy, the diet consists of products with sufficient calorie content. With food, a person receives energy for active and vigorous life. To determine the energy capacity of the product, a calorie table was developed.
- Nutrition relies 5-6 once a day, given snacks, delicious and healthy. Snack should not be a chocolate bar, but an apple, not chips, and nuts.
- Hurry prevents the digestive system from working. With rapid chewing, large pieces of food inhibit the work of the stomach, overstretch the organ. Food is delayed, dietary recommendations become useless.
- Sufficient amount of vegetables and fruits, without coarse fiber. If after a severe acute gastritis, there were no issues with the stomach, the list of vegetables and fruits – as a healthy person.
- Food should be prepared differently, you can not give up soups and eat second courses. Each culinary form has its own advantages, it is impossible to exclude dishes.
- Sufficient water consumption. Soup, juice and tea do not belong to the item. The organism receives a useful liquid only in the form of water, everything else relates to liquid food. It is required to comply with drinking regime.
- Last meal not later than two hours before bedtime. It is better to give preference to vegetable, milk dishes. If you cook meat products, they are carefully prepared to reduce the burden on the stomach.
- The basic rule is fresh food. This is the principle of healthy eating and prevention of acute gastritis.
- It should be eaten when there is a feeling of hunger.
The daily energy requirement is 2800 kcal.
Duration of the diet to six months.
As in any diet, there is a list of products that are permitted and undesirable to use.
Consider the recommended products. They must have mild mechanical, chemical properties.
- yesterday’s bread;
- scraped vegetable soups, dairy, soups, puree from vegetables;
- Beef, chicken and turkey meat in boiled, steam form;
- Low-fat fish without skin or in the form of steam cutlets;
- curd mass, pudding;
- manna, rice porridge on milk or water in a grated form;
- steamed vegetables – potatoes, carrots, beets, cauliflower;
- boiled tongue;
- fruit purees, with sugar, honey;
With gastritis, it is permissible to drink milk, cream, compote, weak tea or tea with milk.
Now consider the prohibited list. It is recommended not to eat foods that cause and intensify painful sensations that stimulate gastric secretion.
- baking, fresh bread;
- soup, borsch, okroshka;
- duck, goose;
- fried food;
- meat smoked products and canned food;
- acidic dairy products;
- millet, pearl barley, legumes;
- soy sauce.
It is mandatory to take into account the characteristics of the body. Each person has his own list of foods that causes stomach pain. Such relies to be removed from the menu. Often the patient knows that with gastritis, you can either not.
If the product is included in the list of allowed, but the patient develops dyspepsia, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting – the product is canceled. If the human stomach does not respond to the forbidden list, it does not mean that the product is good.
In the process of dieting it is useful to take vitamins, especially the content of vitamins C, group B, A, E, PP. Before the appointment of vitamin complexes, the doctor will conduct a medical examination.
To achieve the best result, you must strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor and in addition to the diet get a doctor-appointed treatment.
To determine how to eat with gastritis, developed a variety of menu options. If necessary, you should consult a dietitian or gastroenterologist, after learning how to make an approximate menu for a week.
During the day, the diet is divided into 6 meals: first and second breakfasts, lunch, afternoon snack and meals before bedtime.
The first breakfast with gastritis is nutritious, includes a boiled egg with a semi-liquid yolk, curd casserole or grated cottage cheese, semolina porridge, crushed buckwheat porridge. From drinks it is recommended not strong tea, tea with milk, jelly.
The second breakfast is necessary for gastritis patients, to maintain the stomach before lunch. Products come in – a baked apple or pear, it is permissible to add sugar, compote, broth of wild rose, fruit mousse.
Like any dietary meal, lunch is varied. For example, a variety of types of vegetable soups, mashed potatoes, perhaps with the addition of mucous rice broths, milk soups, and vegetable soups. Meat served as a souffle or boiled: rabbit meat, turkey, baked perch without skin. Desserts are recommended in the form of fruit and berry mousses and mashed potatoes.
Snack is needed as a light snack and represents a decoction of dogrose or wheat bran with sugar, jelly, curd casserole.
The composition of the dinner includes dietary dishes from boiled meat and fish: meatballs, beef stroganoff from boiled meat, steam cutlets, pink salmon in milk, perch with sour cream sauce. The listed can be supplemented with boiled vegetables. Supper should not overload the stomach.
Before going to bed it is useful to drink a glass of slightly warmed milk or cream. For the fastest healing of the gastric mucosa in the milk, add a teaspoon of sea buckthorn oil.
The diet for gastritis of the stomach is made taking into account the nature of the disorders of the secretory activity of the stomach, the extent of the inflammatory process, the individual preferences of food, the adequate ratio of essential substances in the diet. To monitor the nutritional value of food is supposed to patients with gastritis with a decreased secretion.
If manifestations of flatulence are expressed due to stagnation of stomach contents and fermentation processes in the intestine, you will have to limit the amount of carbohydrates.
If the patient is deficient in food, it is supposed to increase the amount of protein to increase the caloric content of the diet.
More fiber is included in the diet of patients with chronic gastritis, exceeding the dietary guidelines number 1.
Features of diet therapy for chronic atrophic gastritis
Diet in the treatment of gastritis is necessary in the phase of exacerbation to reduce the effect of damaging factors and stimulation of the gastric glands to secretion.
During the period of exacerbation, it is recommended to follow the 1 diet for a week.
When the condition has stabilized, it is possible to move on to the 2 diet.
The daily energy requirement is 3000 kcal. Fractional meals and strict adherence to recommendations will quickly have a positive effect.
The content of products, processing methods and consistency are less sparing than with the 1 diet. More products are allowed with gastritis:
- Soups on a meat broth with crushed cereals and slices of vegetables, if the patient is well tolerated, soup from fresh cabbage, but not daily;
- boiled fish by a piece;
- bread, cooked yesterday, unhealthy cookies;
- fresh dairy products and in dishes;
- meat, poultry without skin, can be fried without crust;
- vegetables, including cabbage;
- fresh tomatoes;
- apples, baked, ripe berries and fruit in grated form;
- marshmallow, pastille, sugar, honey.
It is required to know, that it is impossible to eat at a gastritis, avoiding undesirable consequences. Let’s list the products that are dangerous in patients with gastritis.
- fresh bread, buns;
- soups from legumes;
- fat meat, poultry, shrimp;
- smoked products, canned food;
- rough fruits in kind.
Of the general recommendations, a diet consisting of foods that are long in the stomach is prohibited.
With an exacerbation and a tendency to diarrhea, it is recommended to adhere to the 3 diet
Diet nutrition is distinguished by a careful attitude towards the stomach and intestines.
Reduces the amount of carbohydrates to reduce the manifestations of bloating and excessive gas formation. Their volume is minimal. It is intended to reduce or exclude the number of authorized choleretic products.
Diets adhere to no more than 5 days.
The daily energy requirement is 2000 kcal.
The food is cooked on steam or cooked, then it will be necessary to wipe.
- wheat bread crumbs;
- soups on low-fat meat with the addition of mucous broths of rice, pearl barley;
- soufflé from low-fat meat, fish;
- a fresh, rubbed cottage cheese;
- butter in dishes;
- eggs with a semi-liquid yolk;
- rubbed porridge;
- broths from vegetables;
- Green tea, blueberry jelly;
- uncooked apples.
Not recommended products:
The diet is monotonous, treatment should not be performed longer than 5 days. Then the transition to the diet 2.
If there is a concomitant pathology of other organs of the gastrointestinal tract, it is recommended that the 4 diet be observed.
Food is steamed, boiled or baked.
Wipe only rough food, for example, foods rich in fiber.
The diet is characterized by a great variety in nutrition. Permitted products:
- bread wheaten, rye, yesterday;
- Soups with vegetables and cereals, dairy with pasta;
- low-fat meat and poultry;
- eggs with a semi-liquid yolk, omelettes;
- low-fat products from milk;
- dairy, vegetable sauces;
- salads from fresh vegetables;
- fruit, non-acid berries;
- honey, jam.
Not recommended products:
- salted cabbage soup, okroshka;
- fat meat and poultry;
- fresh bread;
- cream, fatty milk;
- spicy seasonings;
- chocolate, coffee, cocoa.
It should be noted that sometimes the product is included in both lists, for example, herring. The possibility of consumption of fish in the fifth diet depends on the culinary processing.
In case of slight exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis, it is necessary to reduce the amount of carbohydrates and add protein. However, it is better to see a doctor.
When switching to the phase of remission, it is recommended to switch to a normal physiological diet.
The need for a diet is confirmed by a doctor, self-medication is not worth it!
If you take seriously the common disease of gastritis, with treatment to observe the necessary restrictions in food, a person will not just exist, but enjoy all the tastes of life.