A healthy stomach determines the overall positive state of the body. Here there are processes of processing of food for its further mastering by other organs. Violation of the stomach results in both external and internal negative changes.
Gastroduodenitis is a disease of the gastrointestinal tract, characterized by inflammation of the lower part of the stomach and the upper part of the duodenum. Under the influence of negative factors, the work of the secretion control system is disrupted, which leads to excessive activity of gastric juice and to ingestion of bile in the stomach cavity. Under the influence of these aggressive chemicals, irritation and inflammation of its mucosa occurs.
In the neglected phase, adjacent organs are affected: the pancreas and bile ducts. Without proper treatment, a stomach ulcer or malignant growth may develop.
A special place in the system of therapeutic measures with gastroduodenitis is diet. Systematic correct and balanced nutrition helps to cope with unpleasant symptoms of the disease and completely eliminates its cause – inflammation.
Causes of gastroduodenitis
Improper diet can cause gastroduodenitis.
The disease can occur under the influence of both external and internal factors. External factors:
- Incorrect diet, violation of diet.
- Side effect of drugs.
- Drinking alcohol and cigarettes.
- Bacteria Helicobacter pylori.
- Diseases of the endocrine system.
- Diseases of the biliary tract.
- Congenital pathology of the gastric mucosa.
The causes of childhood gastroduodenitis:
- Infection with salmonella, E. coli, Campylobacteria through unwashed and under-processed foods: eggs, meat, seafood, vegetables.
- Rotovirus infection.
- Intestinal ljamblias.
- Lactose insufficiency.
- The use of food-allergens.
- Drug treatment.
- Improper diet: the use of sausages, chips, carbonated drinks and more.
Gastroduodenitis causes acute pain.
- Chronic gastroduodenitis with increased acidity. In the risk zone children and patients up to 30 years.
- Chronic gastroduodenitis with a decreased level of acidity. In the risk zone, middle-aged and elderly patients.
- Superficial gastroduodenitis with initial signs of the disease.
- Erosive gastroduodenitis with more serious mucosal damage (erosion).
Dietary nutrition with gastroduodenitis
Dietary nutrition is the best treatment for gastroduodenitis.
Food should be useful and do not burden the sick body with excessive work on its digestion. Basic rules for eating:
- 5-6 once a day in small portions.
- Dishes of liquid (semi-liquid) consistency.
- Minimize the temperature load on the stomach: not less than 15 and not more than 65 degrees.
- The products undergo obligatory heat treatment (especially for the erosive stage of the disease). Raw vegetables, rich in fiber, are acceptable for a preventive diet or for the superficial manifestation of the disease.
- Exclude fried.
- Observe the drinking regime: abundant consumption of ordinary and mineral water.
- Reception of national means.
Products for dietary nutrition
Manna porridge is the best product for dietary nutrition.
At high acidity: crackers, stale gray and white bread, dairy and sour-milk products (cheese, cottage cheese, kefir), pasta from durum wheat.
Meat of low-fat varieties (rabbit, beef, turkey), cereals. Thermally processed vegetables and fruits, eggs (soft-boiled), olive, sunflower, linseed, butter.
With reduced acidity (in addition to the above products): raw vegetables, meat, mushroom and fish broths, chocolate in small quantities.
The first place in the diet menu is occupied by cereals: semolina, oatmeal, rice. The natural mucus of this product envelops the walls of the stomach and protects the inflamed organ from the action of hydrochloric acid.
On the second – cereal and vegetable soups, soups-mashed potatoes and broths, with finely chopped or ground ingredients. Low-fat meat, boiled sea fish, steamed vegetables. From drinks: kissel, mousse, kefir, milk, infusion of dog rose.
The choice of this or that product for the diet menu depends on the type and stage of the disease.
With superficial gastroduodenitis, the restrictions concern too hard and heavy food, semi-finished products. The menu introduces meat of low-fat varieties, seafood, fish, dairy products, rich in protein. Raw vegetables and fruits are allowed.
In the erosive type of disease, liquid (semi-liquid) dishes with a mucous consistency are included in the menu. Food should be especially mild to avoid excessive stress on the affected and inflamed stomach.
In the acute course of the disease, it is recommended at 2-3 day to switch completely to infusions from herbs. Then gradually introduce liquid and crushed food.
Prohibited foods with gastroduodenitis: baking, fresh bread, salt, spices, fried, flour, sweet, vegetables (white cabbage, cucumbers, radish, onions, radish) alcohol, coffee, tea, carbonated drinks, pork, canned food.
Baby food with gastroduodenitis
To treat gastroduodenitis you need to comply with the norm of milk consumption.
Diet for a sick child is formed depending on the age characteristics of the organism.
- Increase the frequency of feeding while maintaining the norm of milk consumption.
- With symptoms of dehydration (dry lips, rare urination, lack of tears), additional complementary foods and water (15-20% of the daily meal rate) are introduced.
- Water is given separately from the mixture (to preserve the nutritional value of the latter).
- If the signs of the disease have appeared after the introduction of complementary foods, then for a while the new product should be discarded.
- Nursing mother also needs to be more attentive to her diet: do not eat new foods, allergen products.
- Exclude all kinds of sweet drinks, leave only water.
- Remove the recently introduced or new products from the menu.
- Increase the number of meals before 6. At the same time, the load on the stomach is reduced by the nutritional value of the products. Give more vegetables and fruits.
Products allowed for use: bananas, low-fat meat, buckwheat, millet, semolina, apple, pear puree; fresh vegetables, brown rice, water, mousse, milk jelly.
Prohibited products: tea, fatty milk and meat, fried and spicy, carbonated drinks and juices, gelatin, chips, ready-made crackers, sausages. Approximate children’s menu for the day:
- Breakfast: buckwheat (millet) porridge with butter, biscuits or dried bread, children’s drinking water.
- Second breakfast: fruit (green apple, pear or banana).
- Lunch: soup-puree, meat dish (turkey, beef, chicken), garnish – pasta from coarse wheat varieties under tomato sauce.
- Afternoon snack: fruit puree or salad.
- Dinner: meat dish, broccoli puree, fresh vegetable salad. Before going to bed: kefir (milk kissel)
Folk remedies for the treatment of gastroduodenitis
Cabbage juice is a folk remedy in the fight against gastroduodenitis.
In combination with diet, folk remedies are used. Well help to cope with inflammation and unpleasant symptoms.
- Mint. Preparation: half a cup of mint pour a liter of hot boiled water, remove for 12 hours in a dark place. Take an 1 / 2 glass of infusion before eating.
- Salt. To maintain a normal acid-base balance, it is enough to rinse the oral cavity with salt solution after the meal (1 / 2 teaspoon per 250 ml of water).
- Nettle. Method of preparation: take 1 st.l. nettle and 250 ml. milk, boil, add to the received infusion 1 st.l. honey. Divide into three doses during the day, drink for 30-40 min before meals.
- Cabbage. Fresh juice of cabbage should be taken an hour before meals.
- Aloe. A scarlet sheet to wash and clean. Take every morning an hour before eating, eating with honey and washing down with water.
- Plantain. Take freshly squeezed plantain juice before meals (1 / 3 glass for 1,5 months).
- Potatoes. Drink the juice of red potatoes according to the scheme: two glasses per day 10 days, 10 days break. The course is 4 months.
Having achieved the relief of the condition, it is important to prevent the return of the disease. For this you need to follow simple rules:
- To lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Continue to follow the basic dietary recommendations.
- Do not self-medicate.
Gastroduodenitis must be treated to prevent serious complications. Proper and healthy nutrition is an effective tool for treating and preventing disease in children and adults.