Diet with glomerulonephritis is a very important medical factor, it must be strictly observed and begin with the first day of the disease. First of all, in the acute phase of the disease, salt is completely excluded from the diet of patients, as it contributes to the development of edema. In addition, fluid intake is limited in accordance with the allocated, during the disease there is a careful record of the number of urination by a person during the day. The amount of liquid consumed on the next day should be the value obtained as a result of the calculation plus 300 ml.
The diet also excludes mineral water, carbonated and non-carbonated drinks, tea, coffee, various broths, foods that contain excess liquid and extractives that can provoke an increase in the inflammatory response. It is allowed to take in moderation quantities of natural fruit, vegetable and berry juices without preservatives.
All the food of the patient should be easily digestible, preference should be given to milk-vegetable, rice-vegetable, rice-fruit, potato diets.
In connection with the violation of the important filtration function and to maximize the preservation of the renal glomerulus, the protein is sharply limited to the patient. The proper amount of protein, which is acceptable for acute injury, should not exceed 20 grams per day.
An approximate menu for a day can look like this
In addition to the elimination of salt and protein, there is an increase in the intake of polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamins C, group B, routine.
- If you observe the restrictions on the amount of protein you can eat low-fat boiled meat, chicken, veal, rabbit, turkey. Fish it is recommended only low-fat varieties, boiled or baked.
- You can use egg white in the form of an omelet or hard boiled, subject to the restriction on the amount of protein per day.
- Of baked goods is allowed bread baked without yeast, otruber bread or lavash. You can pancakes and pancakes without salt.
- Allowed use any pasta, cereals and potatoes without salt. Also recommended are thick vegetable soups with potatoes, cereals, sour cream, greens, fried onions.
- You can use salads dressed with vegetable oil. It is permissible in the diet to cream or melted butter without salt. Cheese should be sharp and not smoked.
- From sweet it is recommended to give preference Natural honey, jelly and jam, as well as sweets with fructose.
In general, the proportion of vegetables and fruits in raw and cooked form should be as high as possible.
- a dish of vegetables (vinaigrette, mashed potatoes, stew, boiled or steamed);
- fruit drink.
- a dish of cottage cheese;
- salad from vegetables or fruits;
- some fruit or vegetable juice.
Based on this scheme, you can create a varied menu for the week.
Categorical exclusion from the diet of the patient is subject to alcohol, strong coffee, tea, cocoa, chocolate. Any products with a high content of vegetable hard-to-digest protein, namely legumes and in particular soy products. Also, plants containing acid, such as radish, spinach, sorrel, radish and onions. In addition, mushrooms, fatty meats and fish are not recommended. Salted, pickled, pickled and canned foods are excluded completely.
Still, all patients experiencing severe pain with glomerulonephritis should not consume black bread, pastries, or yeast bread of the usual formula. Also, any spices and condiments are prohibited, including ketchup and mayonnaise.
During the remission, the diet is less strict, and is approaching normal nutrition, but nevertheless it must be agreed with the doctor and must be strictly observed.
Diet with glomerulonephritis of kidneys in children in acute and chronic form
The diet for glomerulonephritis in children differs from that in adults in the number of calories that are calculated based on the age and height-weight of the child.
In the remission phase, the patient can switch to normal nutrition, while maintaining the regime of restriction of table salt and water.