Grapefruit is a product with unique healing properties. Thanks to its special composition, it activates the protective functions of the body, thereby removing excess fluid from it and triggering the fat burning process. As a result, there is a purification from slags and a decrease in weight.
The essence of the grapefruit diet
The grapefruit diet is a nutrition system based on increased use of grapefruits and juices squeezed out of them. It occurs in a variety of variations, but in all of them the main rule remains unchanged: the basic dietary product must be taken for food before the beginning of each meal or during it.
Grapefruit diet for weight loss: features
- The energy value of a daily diet should not exceed 800 kcal.
- The interval between meals should be at least five hours. After 19.00, food intake is prohibited.
- It is important to completely abandon salted, smoked, sweet and spicy dishes, alcohol. It is recommended to replace the sugar with honey.
- Of meat and fish dishes, preference should be given to poultry, rabbit meat, beef and white fish with a low fat content. You can consume canned tuna meat.
- The use of tonic caffeinated beverages should be limited, replacing them with mint or chamomile infusions.
- With an increased sense of hunger, you are allowed to drink a glass of 1% kefir. An exception is later time.
Grapefruit Diet for 4 Weeks: Menu
Adhering to a four-week grapefruit diet, it is important not to forget before each meal to drink a glass of grapefruit fresh or eat a whole fruit. This is necessary to ensure that the body receives enzymes that help to lose weight in a timely manner.
- The first meal. A glass of grapefruit fresh, toast with ham and fried eggs.
- The second meal. On Monday, Thursday and Saturday are allowed to eat one of the types of fruit fruit to choose from in unlimited quantities. On Tuesday it is desirable to eat a portion of boiled chicken fillet. On Wednesday, you can enjoy mozzarella, ricotta or brynza, two tomatoes and a slice of malt bread. On Sunday, a salad of fresh vegetables and grilled chicken are suitable for lunch.
- The third meal. Low-fat boiled meat is an ideal solution for dinner on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. On Tuesdays and Thursdays you can spend vegetable salads with beef steak or two boiled eggs, on Friday – steamed fish and two tomatoes, and on Sunday – stewed vegetables.
The second week
- The first meal. Same as the first week.
- The second meal. Vegetable, fish and meat dishes alternate. Lunch, created from vegetables, can be supplemented with eggs.
- The third meal. The first three days of the week will have to have dinner with a couple of boiled eggs and one grapefruit, the next two days – only egg dishes, on Saturday – fruits, and on Sunday – chicken fillet and tomatoes. In an hour it’s important to eat one grapefruit.
During the third week of dieting, it is recommended to eat only a certain type of food during breakfast, lunch and dinner:
- on Monday – with apples, pineapples and melons;
- Tuesday – cucumbers, radish, tomatoes, cabbage and pepper;
- on Wednesday – with boiled beets, broccoli and carrots;
- on Thursday – cod, pollock, hake or pike perch with fresh vegetables;
- on Friday – boiled chicken fillet;
- on the Sabbath, with apples;
- on Sunday – kiwi.
During the last week of the diet, regardless of the sequence of meals, it is necessary to eat:
- on Monday – according to 200 g of boiled fish and chicken fillet, a portion of cabbage-carrot salad;
- on Tuesday – two toasts of rye bread, four any fruit and vegetable assortment;
- on Wednesday – 100 g skimmed cottage cheese, 200 g pumpkin cereal, 2-3 raw vegetables to choose from and a couple of slices of whole grain bread;
- on Thursday – a serving of cucumber salad, boiled chicken breast, orange and grapefruit;
- on Friday – the same as on Thursday, but instead of chickens it is necessary to use two poached eggs;
- on Saturday – 200 g rabbit meat, one cucumber and 100 g skim curd or brynza;
- on Sunday – two pieces of boiled fish, one bread toast, two servings of fresh vegetables, orange and grapefruit.
Grapefruit diet for 3 days: menu
When observing a three-day grapefruit diet, you can eat only lean fish, lean meat, fresh vegetables and one-percent kefir. Drinking of mineral water is allowed in unlimited quantities. Unlike the four-week diet option, the three-day grapefruit diet is more stringent and quicker.
- First day. The diet should start with a slice of lean ham, one grapefruit and a cup of unsweetened tea for breakfast. Lunch should consist of a portion of vegetable salad, seasoned with lemon juice, and grapefruit. Tea is optional. Three hours before bedtime, it is recommended to try 150 g steamed meat and salad with fresh cabbage.
- Second day. A glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice with two hard-boiled eggs – a standard breakfast for the second day of the diet. In addition, you can drink a cup of invigorating tea. Dine preferably grapefruit and unsweetened curd casserole, and dine grilled fish and two tomatoes.
- The third day. After waking up, it is recommended to eat a small portion of muesli and a handful of nuts, to drink grapefruit juice. In the afternoon it is allowed to pamper yourself with vegetable soup or lean broth with two rye crumbs. Grapefruit is a must. For dinner, it is permissible to use a slice of baked veal with herbs and a herbal broth with the addition of honey.
Varieties of the grapefruit diet
Egg-grapefruit diet involves the use of grapefruit in conjunction with chicken eggs. This combination saturates the body with protein and enzyme-promoting proteins, and also replenishes the vitamin and mineral deficiency. This food system is low-calorie, unbalanced and allergenic, so it is not recommended for use for more than seven days.
The essence of the diet consists in alternating alternation of the source of protein and citrus. Begin with a half grapefruit, after a couple of hours diluting the diet with two hard-boiled eggs. In total a day, you need to eat each product for seven pieces.
This kind of diet is meant for those people who are striving for a significant weight loss. It consists of two seven-day courses with an interval of ten days.
- The first day: two grapefruits, three raw carrots and one whole chicken breast.
- The second day: one grapefruit, two oranges, the same amount of raw carrots and millet porridge. The allowed norm is two servings.
- Third day: 200 g beef, one cooked carrot, three grapefruit.
- Fourth day: grated carrots, flavored with honey, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Fifth day: 1,5 l of any citrus juice and three grapefruits.
- The sixth day: three hard-boiled chicken eggs, as many slices of rye bread and four raw carrots.
- The seventh day: a portion of oatmeal, 1,5 l carrot juice, two raw Jerusalem artichokes and carrots and one grapefruit.
Cottage cheese-grapefruit diet
Cottage cheese and grapefruit diet is designed for three days. It allows you to lose from three to five kilograms, get rid of toxins and toxins, and balance the metabolism.
- Breakfast: a slice of black bread with butter, loose tea, grapefruit.
- Lunch: 200 g skimmed cottage cheese or tuna, grapefruit, a piece of bread.
- Dinner: a portion of any lean meat with vegetables and two grapefruits.
Mineral water and green tea can be drunk in unlimited quantities.
Within four days it is necessary to eat exclusively one-percent kefir and grapefruits. The daily norm of kefir – one and a half liters, grapefruit – 500 grams.
Grapefruit Diet: reviews of doctors
Despite the effectiveness of diet, nutritionists warn women who want to lose weight, from such exhaustion of the body. They claim that weight loss with the help of grapefruit has many contraindications and can adversely affect health and well-being. In particular, in people who have problems with digestive organs or increased acidity of gastric juice, a diet can cause an exacerbation of diseases. In order not to harm the health, it is recommended that allergy sufferers and people taking any medications should avoid it.