The Diet for diabetes mellitus is a fundamental part of stabilizing the condition of the ill and normalizing nutrition for the next years of life. Every diabetic knows how important it is to follow all the recommendations and prescriptions of this system for losing weight and maintaining the body in tone.
At the first stage of the disease, experts are allowed to make their changes in the diet menu, but if the form is running and sharp – no liberties.
The diet of a diabetic patient is characterized by reduced energy value, normal consumption of carbohydrates and restriction of fats and carbohydrates.
The main goal is to bring carbohydrate metabolism into a normal state and prevent obesity and disruptions in the digestive tract.
Basic rules of the diet
- Starchy foods, cereals, and pasta are limited in use, and if introduced into the diet, then only in the first half of the day
- Rye bread – 250 g per day
- Meat broth is without meat, adding vegetables and some potatoes
- Sour-milk non-fat products are allowed, but sour cream and cream should be eaten carefully
- The low-fat meat of chicken, beef, turkey is welcome, but it is better not to introduce pork into the ration
- Low-fat fish and seafood
- Fresh vegetables can be eaten in unlimited quantities, but potatoes and corn are controlled in the diet
- Sour berries and fresh fruits, apples, currants, pomegranate
- Drinks – mineral water without gas, green tea without sugar, not strong coffee and black tea.
- Freshly squeezed smoothies are strictly homemade, without sugar and preservatives.
Such a diet helps reduce blood sugar levels and improve the overall condition of the patient.
Diet for diabetics includes a daily rate of calories up to 3000 units. This rate may vary depending on the health and well-being of the patient.
Introducing the optimal diet for diabetics for one day
Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, fish pate, tea with milk.
The second breakfast: a glass of low-fat kefir.
Lunch: vegetable soup, the salad of fresh vegetables, boiled meat, green apple.
Afternoon snack: a glass of kvass.
Dinner: cottage cheese, boiled fish, cabbage salad, tea.
Before going to bed: a glass of low-fat kefir or green tea.
Create the menu itself according to the taste preferences, but strictly observing the calorie level of each dish or product. It is desirable to combine proteins with carbohydrates and a small amount of fat, so the nutritional value of the dish will be much higher, and digestion will occur faster.
Every day, you must eat fresh vegetables and fruits, make salads, soar, boil, bake, you can make soup-puree and other goodies.
If a doctor has prescribed a low-calorie diet, then the approximate diet of its performance will be as follows:
A strict diet with diabetes mellitus will help every whitener to control the process of splitting carbohydrates and normalize the metabolism.
The golden rule of the diet: do not overeat and do not saturate the body with harmful foods. If you want to eat sweetly stricken, then you should make a full exchange, remove potatoes, bread, pasta from the ration and eat a delicious food without harm to your health.
Carrying out all the prescriptions of the doctor, you should not forget about the regular physical activity. It can be easy running, swimming, long walks in the fresh air.
All those who follow the dietary guidelines need to maintain their own diary of their health. Every day, put notes on what product was eaten, how much, how it affected the body. If there will be increased gassing or burning in the stomach, then you need to change the components in the menu. After visiting the doctor and putting the tests – to record the indicator in your table and track the dynamics of the passage of the disease. It’s not difficult to do, but you can soon adjust your diet and live a full healthy life.
Dietitian Malyshev in his program advises all people to strictly monitor their weight because a sharp increase or a decrease in it indicates unpleasant changes in the human body.
Doctors are advised to adhere to several simple rules during cooking and eating dishes with diet.
- Less pasta, semolina, puff and salted dough. Products from rye and wheat flour, oat bran are allowed.
- Meat and fish of low-fat varieties should be in the diet of the patient. After all, vitamins and trace elements, which are contained in protein foods, are simply necessary for the proper functioning of the pancreas.
- The exception applies to smoked products, sausage, salted and canned products.
- From vegetables, it is necessary to give preference to cucumber, tomatoes, zucchini, pumpkin, eggplant. Less to eat potatoes, corn, beets, carrots.
- Low-fat dairy products are allowed without restrictions, but sweet yogurts, fruit curd mass are banned.
- Sour cream and cream strictly according to the dietary menu.
- If you really want to pamper yourself with sweet foods, you should choose them exclusively from sugar substitutes, so as not to harm your health.
Reviews on nutrition according to a strict diet in diabetes mellitus
“When I found out, I was very upset and depressed, it seemed that my whole life was gone from under my feet, but fortunately the doctor treating me explained everything and correctly explained it. Has written out to me a detailed diet and has ordered to strictly supervise over me the control. I live alone, so no one tempted me for another food. Eat only what was listed in the list of allowed products. Two months later the doctor made me happy, the results improved, and I felt much better. Yes, the worst thing was over, the painful symptoms stopped worrying me. Today I adhere to the basic postulates of a diet and I thank the Lord for good health! And I sincerely wish you! “