Elevated cholesterol is very dangerous: it causes the development of atherosclerotic and cardiovascular diseases, and in the most neglected state – a heart attack, a stroke. A diet with high cholesterol is an excellent option for everyone who wants to bring their body in order. Reducing the level of cholesterol in the blood of a person with a diet will allow you to regulate your diet by eliminating harmful foods from your diet.
What is the norm of cholesterol in the blood of women and men?
The main thing in this matter is balance. Too low cholesterol in the body also causes harm, as well as too high. It is equally important to take into account the fact that the cholesterol rate for women and men is different. For representatives of the stronger sex, this value varies from 3,5 to 6 mmol / L, it is desirable not to violate the limit in 5,5 mmol / l if a person suffers from cardiovascular diseases. For ladies this rule will be more strict: from 3 to 5,5 mmol / l.
Who is showing the anticholesterin diet?
A diet with an increased level of cholesterol is indicated for people who suffer from cardiovascular diseases or are at risk of their occurrence. In particular, it can be people who are living in a low-activity lifestyle, eat fast, people with varicose veins. Also, studies of physicians show that problems with cholesterol level occur in people who are excessively consuming alcohol and smoking.
Basic principles of dieting
The key to success will be the use of vegetables and fruits in unlimited quantities, a flexible way of life. Strict adherence to the rules of the selected diet not only significantly level cholesterol, but also improve the condition of the body as a whole. The main food product will be products containing complex carbohydrates, and as the main source of protein will have to give preference to fish. The use of dairy products will be reduced to a minimum, and meat in the diet will only be lean.
What you can eat with high cholesterol
Great value during the diet with high cholesterol is given to certain products that improve metabolism, enrich the body with the necessary vitamins and materials. First of all, the ration includes grain bread, cereals and other foods with high fiber content. They not only reduce cholesterol, but also work for the benefit of metabolism, intestinal peristalsis.
As for seafood, marine fish are recommended for consumption during the diet, for example, traditional in our kitchen hake, useful cod or sprat, and also occasionally salmon, tuna or halibut. In case the preference is given to meat, the ideal variant will be low-fat white meat: chicken, turkey. Indispensable products with an anti-cholesterol diet will be fruits and vegetables:
- vegetable salads important to fill with vegetable unrefined oils (olive, sunflower),
- vegetable dietary soups are prepared without frying on low-fat chicken broth.
Products to be Restricted
First of all, during the diet with a high level of cholesterol it is necessary to completely abandon the products of fast food (chips, crackers, bars, any other snacks), carbonated drinks (fancy, sprite, etc.) and alcohol. Also it will be necessary to exclude from the diet confectionery and sugar as such. If you follow a diet, you will need to limit yourself to using shrimp and squid, some types of river fish. Also, we will have to give up fatty varieties of meat – lamb, pork, beef, duck.
Menu with high cholesterol
Diet with an increased level of cholesterol – it’s far from a sentence to eat exclusively fresh and monotonous products. The diet is designed so that a person does not experience discomfort during the diet, excluding favorite meals from food, but only limited himself to eating especially harmful foods.
- Breakfast: orange juice, vegetable salad (200 g)
- Lunch: a couple of slices of bread with low-fat cheese, chicken fillet with rice (300 g)
- Dinner: low-fat borscht or soup (100-200 g)
- Breakfast: vegetable salad, grapefruit (100 g)
- Lunch: boiled chicken fillet, rice without salt (200-300 g)
- Dinner: 100-200 g fat-free cottage cheese (150 g)
- Breakfast: fried eggs, vegetable salad with vegetable oil (200 g)
- Lunch: vegetable soup (300 g)
- Dinner: fish baked in the oven (150-200 g)
- Breakfast: porridge, a glass of low-fat yogurt (100-150 g)
- Lunch: chicken with braised vegetables, salad (200-300 g)
- Dinner: baked vegetables (200 g)
- Breakfast: orange juice, cottage cheese (150 g)
- Lunch: vegetable soup with boiled chicken (300 g)
- Dinner: vegetable salad with egg (150 g)
Recipes for dieting
For people with bright imagination, nothing is impossible, the same concerns the preparation of interesting and tasty dishes with an anti-cholesterol diet. It can be the most unexpected combination of useful and nutritious products, several variants of which are given below.
- Curd-oatmeal cookies for people with high cholesterol.
- Low-fat cottage cheese – 100
- Crushed oatmeal flakes – 1 glass.
- Vegetable oil – 2 teaspoons.
- Water – 2 tablespoons.
- Lemon peel, honey, sugar, vanillin – if desired.
Cottage cheese is mixed with oat flakes, vegetable oil is added. Then sugar or honey, vanillin and zest are interfered. If the dough is not plastic, a little water is added. After the cookies of the necessary form are formed, laid out on the pre-lubricated baking sheet, put in a preheated oven to 180 degrees. Bake 5 minutes on one side, then turn over and as many on the other. if you want to avoid baking, here is a link so you can buy cookies online.
- Beetroot salad with prunes during a diet is what you need.
- 2 medium red beets (raw, cooked or baked)
- 8-12 Prunes Berries
- olive oil – 2-3 tablespoons
- 0,5 tablespoons lemon juice
- greens (optional)
Beet is peeled, finely rubbed on a grater; prunes are carefully washed, cut into pieces. Mixed beetroot and prunes; greens are added; all this is filled with olive oil. If desired, lettuce seasoned with lemon juice, salt to taste.
- Dietary soup-puree from broccoli while dieting.
- chicken fillet – 250 g
- potatoes – 2 pcs.
- carrots – 1 pcs.
- celery – 1 pcs.
- greens (dill, parsley) – several tufts
- salt – to taste
- broccoli (200-300 g)
The fillet is washed, put in a saucepan. After boiling the water is cooked about 20-30 minutes, it is poured. At this time, the carrots, potatoes, celery are cleaned and cut into cubes. Then all this is added to the broth and cooked for another 15-20 minutes, after which broccoli is put in the pan, boiled until softened. When the cabbage is ready, the soup is removed from the plate and cooled, after which it is crushed to a cream consistency with the help of a blender.