A person consists of 60% of water, which is necessary for the body for the healthy work of all organs. It is part of the blood, urine and digestive juice. In large quantities, it is contained in muscle and adipose tissue, and is also part of the brain.
Since water is vital for human health, it is important to maintain the water balance and to observe the daily need for this liquid.
How much water should I drink during the day?
For good health and good spirits, you need to observe the daily need for fluids. It should be simple water, without gases and various additives.
Many sources state that a day you need to use at least 2,5 liters of fluid. However, this option is not entirely correct. For each person there is a norm, which depends on the weight category and the pace of life.
To determine the norm in the article will be given a special table of daily fluid requirements for children and adults.
What is the use of pure water for the body?
- It rejuvenates the skin, preventing its withering and dryness.
- It removes toxins, slags and other harmful substances from the body;
- Reduces the risk of thrombosis and further stroke / heart attack.
- Improves the work of the digestive tract, normalizes the water-salt balance, improves all metabolic processes in the body.
- It regulates body temperature.
- Reduces the risk of infectious diseases.
- Improves well-being and energizes.
- Burns fat and allows you to get rid of excess weight, etc.
The most useful and suitable for drinking is spring, well and melt water. It contains a large number of microelements, which the body needs so much. On the other hand, there also are water filters (on unclutterer) that filter out only the harmful particulate and leave out the essential minerals needed for the body.
Mineral water containing a number of useful compounds (Na, Ca, Mg, Cl, etc.) is also useful. But the table water is recommended to drink by courses, after consulting with a doctor.
Daily norm for men and women
As already mentioned, for each person the daily rate of water consumption is individual. In men and women, the need for water is the same, the body mass and the intensity of the lifestyle are the hallmark.
There is a simple formula for calculating the individual rate. You can calculate it in this way:
For example, if you are a woman and your weight is 53 kilograms, then per day you need to drink 1,855 ml of water (this is about 1,8 liters).
If you want to know how much water you need to drink a man during training, it is already important to take into account the degree and intensity of the day’s workload.
In this you can use a special table:
For the elderly
After 50 years, many functions in the body slow down their work. Bone tissue thins, there is a slowdown in the growth of new cells, a person is aging and, accordingly, his health is deteriorating.
Medical research has shown that people of old age drink very little water, as a result of which organs will not receive useful substances. This leads to body dysfunction, wear and a more accelerated aging process.
Water affects the somatic state of a person and his mental and physical abilities.
The brain consists of 80% of water. Deficiency of fluid in tissues (especially in old age) leads to the fact that the vessels cease to be elastic, and become thinner.
Because of the lack of a sufficient supply of water in the plasma, the blood becomes viscous. There is a serious strain on the central nervous system and heart. As a result, there is a risk of blood clots, and as a consequence, the occurrence of heart attacks and strokes.
This is an indicator of how important it is to maintain the water balance not only in the young, but also in the elderly.
An elderly person should drink at least 1700 ml of water per day.
Need during pregnancy
Pregnancy presupposes not only a proper, healthy diet, but also compliance with the drinking regime.
During pregnancy, especially it is important to maintain the water balance as normal. During this period, the amount of water in the body of a pregnant woman increases. It is caused by the fact that the blood circulating in the blood vessels increases, the tissues begin to store water and the metabolism begins to accelerate.
Compliance with the drinking regime also affects the future baby. The body of the child’s blood and amniotic fluid consists of a water base, so it is so important to replenish water supplies, because along with it useful substances and trace elements enter the body.
So, how much water per day can you drink pregnant?
During pregnancy, you must strictly follow the drinking regimen. Dehydration or copious drinking can harm a future child.
Signs of dehydration during pregnancy:
- dry lips;
- peeling skin of the face, hands and feet;
- frequent constipation;
- irritability, fatigue and absent-mindedness;
Norm for pregnant women is 1,5-2 liters per day.
When there is edema An effective remedy will be water with lemon or cranberry. Acids, which are contained in them, do not allow fluid to linger in the body and contribute to its excretion.
Daily norm for the child
Children’s health is the most important concern of parents. Water plays a crucial role in the formation of the child’s body. It increases immunity, participates in all important processes in the body, and is also a source of strength and energy.
For normal growth and good health, it is important drink enough fluids during the day. It should be clean water, without various impurities and additives.
Drinking juice and sodas Harmful to the health of the child, because it contains a large amount of sugar, preservatives and other harmful fillers.
The daily norm for children varies depending on the age category. Find out how much water you need to drink a day a child, the table will help you:
Norms of total daily water demand in children
Fluid requirement for 1 kg. body weight
It is important not to allow dehydration and drink enough water. Non-compliance with drinking leads to fatigue and a number of diseases.
The amount of water with weight loss
Water is especially important for losing weight. It speeds up metabolism and removes harmful substances from the body. If you drink enough fluids per day and eat it at the right time, lose weight and lose weight will become quite real.
- Excretion of cleavage products (proteins, fats, carbohydrates).
- Normalization of biochemical processes and fat processing.
- Restoring the elasticity of the skin and the growth of new cells.
- Acceleration of metabolic processes.
- Reducing cholesterol in the blood.
- Normalization of water-salt metabolism.
- Improve gastrointestinal function, etc.
How much fluid should I drink per day to lose weight?
The daily rate depends on the weight category. It is recommended to calculate the reception of water according to this principle:
For every 450 gr of weight, drink at least 14 g of water per day. Example formula: You weigh 90 kg.
- 90 is divided into 450 and multiplied by 14. We get the result – 2,8 liters of fluid per day.
For effective weight loss it is better to start your day with the use of clean, warm water, drunk on an empty stomach and for 15 minutes before each meal. Tips and Tricks
How correctly to calculate how much water you need to drink a day?
As it was already said, the daily rate of fluid intake for each person is individual.
If the table specified in the article has not justified your requirements, you can use another method of determining the daily rate – Daily Water Time Calculator.
The World Health Organization was the necessary amount of fluid for a person is determined. For each kg of weight per 30 ml. Thus it turns out that if your weight is 85 kg, you need to drink 2,5 liters of water per day.
What happens if 3 days are not there, but only drink water?
Usually the questions of such a plan are set in order to lose weight. The three-day “water” fasting is not the best choice to fight overweight. This method will harm your health and add to you, in the final analysis, additional kilograms.
Does your body lose weight during 3 or more days?? The answer is negative. During the day the weight of each person varies +, – 1 kg. As a rule, this is the volume of liquid and products of decay of food consumed.
If you drink only 3 days water, your body will experience stress and exhausted.
On 2 day you will begin to experience a feeling of weakness, headache and malaise. And the tested stress will lead the subsequent to overeating and weight gain.
- If you decide to lose weight, it is better to use method of one-day unloading days. This way will allow to struggle with excess weight and will not do much harm to health.If once a week to carry out such a technique, it will improve your health and reduce your waist by a few cm.
Why drink 2 liters of water a day?
2 liters of fluid per day is a common amount that an adult needs for health and life support. The use of 2 liters of liquid avoids various diseases.
2,5 liters allow to satisfy the daily requirement of the organism in water. Your body receives the necessary nutrients, the work of all organs improves. The person begins to feel vigorous, full of strength and energy.
How to teach yourself to drink the right amount of water?
- Put the jug (filter) in a prominent place.
- Carry one small bottle with you.
- Before the desire to drink juice or soda, drink 1 a glass of clean water.
- Each hour, use one small glass of liquid.
- Drink the right amount before each meal.
- Buy 2 liters of liquid for work and put it in a prominent place.
- Start the morning with a glass of clean water on an empty stomach.
Is it harmful to drink a lot of fluids?
Unlimited use of water can harm your health. Extra fluid is an extra burden for the body. With excess, the work of the cardiovascular system and kidneys can worsen. Blood pressure rises, there is a load on the heart.
With unrestricted use, the kidneys work harder. This leads to their dysfunction. Such a failure in the body leads to serious consequences.
- Try to use the daily rate of fluid. You can calculate it using a formula or by applying a table.
- Try to reduce salt intake, as it detains fluid in the body.
Use of water with lemon
The benefits of such a drink is incredibly useful for improving immunity and fighting excess weight. The lemon contains a huge amount of ascorbic acid, useful vitamins, trace elements and essential oils. Adding lemon juice to the water, we saturate it with useful ingredients.
- Slice a few slices of lemon and pour them with warm water.
- Take this drink better on an empty stomach. This allows you to start the process of digestion and recharge your batteries for the whole day.
- Accelerates metabolism;
- Increases immunity;
- Improves skin condition;
- Strengthens the walls of blood vessels;
- Reduces cholesterol;
- Normalizes the work of the heart;
- Fighting colds and infections;
- Lets lose weight;
- Removes harmful substances from the body, etc.