One of the most burning problems in our time has become the issue of losing weight. In pursuit of ideal parameters, most women are ready to exhaust themselves with debilitating physical stresses and exhaust the body with hunger strikes. There is no universal pill that can solve all problems with excess weight in one fell swoop, but it's also not worth constantly testing your body for strength.
Balanced diets in combination with moderate sports can not only help get rid of boring kilograms, but also strengthen the body. It is to these methods of losing weight refers to the grapefruit diet.
Grapefruit Diet for Weight Loss
Grapefruit along with pineapple is one of the most common components of the diet of short-term diets for weight loss. The history is silent about the origin of the fruit, the most viable theory is that this citrus is a hybrid of pomelo and orange.
"Bitter Orange", like all citrus fruits, rich in beta-carotene, vitamins C, E and A, magnesium, calcium, iodine, phosphorus, iron, glycosides and fiber. It is due to the fiber in the body that a person who regularly consumes fruit reduces the risk of developing atherosclerosis, normalizes the process of bile secretion, restores the work of the cardiovascular system, improves digestion, strengthens the nervous and immune systems.
However, in addition to all the above nutrients, vitamins and trace elements, the bitter orange contains also the vegetable flavonoid naringin. The substance is found in all citrus fruits, but its greatest concentration is found in this fetus. The famous bitter aftertaste of fruit is attached to naringin, which is found not only in the flesh of the fruit, but also in its skin. The most important effect of eating foods with a diet containing naringin is a strong appetite suppressant, which helps to lose weight. In addition, the substance normalizes metabolism, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, lowers cholesterol in the body, acts as an antioxidant.
Allergic reaction to the grapefruit diet is the main negative effect for the organism with excessive consumption of citrus or with personal intolerance of the product. That's why grapefruit diets are calculated for short periods within one to two weeks. Optimal weight loss for 7 days is considered. The grapefruit diet in addition to the main component includes a number of lean foods, so the menu will not be monotonous.
In addition to eating food strictly on schedule and in accordance with the menu for greater efficiency in grapefruit diet for weight loss include a set of rules:
- Dinner should be no later than 18: 00 and after 19: 00 should stop any additional meals.
- You can not eat salty, fatty, fried, smoked and sweet.
- Meat and fish, which will form the basis of the diet along with the fruit, you can eat only lean and if possible they should be cooked, or steamed.
- It is necessary to completely exclude the use of any type of alcohol, strong black tea, coffee, tobacco smoking should also be minimized.
- And of course any weight loss with a diet is recommended to accompany moderate physical loads, which will help not only to strengthen and tone muscle, but also to get rid of fat deposits.
Despite the apparent harmlessness of the fetus, there are a number of contraindications to the grapefruit diet:
- The fruit is contraindicated in people suffering from ulcers, gastritis and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- People with high acidity of the stomach should also avoid frequent use of the fetus.
- And the most terrible consequence of a diet based on this fruit is the development of breast cancer.
The fact that the liver often needs too much time to process the substances contained in the fruit, and the more the person eats the fruit, the longer will be the work of the liver, which simply "does not have time" to process all the substances that have entered the body. And this can provoke an increase in the content of the hormone estrogen in the body, excessive concentration of which increases the risk of malignant tumors and cancer.
This fetus has one more characteristic feature: it increases the concentration of certain drugs in the body and prolongs the effect that they have on the body. Therefore, fruit can be used in parallel far from all preparations. Before you go on a diet, if a person undergoes a course of any drug treatment, you should consult with a specialist about the compatibility of the drug and citrus.
Menu on 3 days
With a sample menu for the grapefruit diet for weight loss on 3 day can be found below. All components besides the main one are interchangeable and if there is no product available, it can be replaced with either an analogue or another lean ingredient.
- завтрак: half fresh grapefruit, 200 gr. boiled chicken breast, a cup of herbal tea;
- lunch: half fresh grapefruit, vegetable salad with olive oil, a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice;
- dinner: half fresh grapefruit, 200 boiled salmon fillet with steamed vegetables, a cup of rose hip tea.
- half a fresh grapefruit, vegetable soup with green beans and greenery, a cup of green tea.
- half fresh grapefruit, 200 gr. oatmeal porridge with lean bread, a glass of mineral water.
- half fresh grapefruit, fresh vegetable salad with Peking cabbage, a cup of herbal tea.
- half a fresh grapefruit, muesli with nuts and raisins, a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice;
- half a fresh grapefruit, two boiled eggs, one fresh cucumber, berry jelly as a drink;
- half a fresh grapefruit, chicken breast with steamed vegetables (broccoli, green onions, red onion), a cup of herbal tea.
Menu for the week
To get the most effective result of a diet, you must not only observe the diet, but also adhere to the basic rules that were listed above and do not forget about physical exertion.
The grapefruit diet for 7 days will improve the general condition of the body and contribute to an early weight loss. So, the sample menu for the weekly grapefruit diet looks like this:
- fresh grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, a cup of green tea;
- vegetable soup (potatoes, green peas, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes), lean bread, a glass of grapefruit juice;
- 200 chicken breast without spices, fresh grapefruit, a glass of mineral water.
- 2 baked potatoes, fresh cucumber, a glass of grapefruit juice;
- stewed vegetables (herbs, zucchini, carrots, cabbage), half fresh grapefruit, a cup of herbal tea;
- fruit salad from pineapple and grapefruit, a glass of apple juice.
- Baked apple with honey, a glass of grapefruit juice;
- oatmeal with raisins, fresh grapefruit, a glass of compote from dried fruits;
- a salad of Peking cabbage with cucumber and herbs under lemon juice, a glass of grapefruit juice.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, fresh tomato, half a grapefruit, a cup of green tea;
- stewed fish with onions and carrots, fresh grapefruit, a glass of tomato juice;
- baked tomato with herbs, grapefruit juice.
- muesli, fresh grapefruit, a glass of mineral water;
- stewed cabbage with greens, half a grapefruit, a cup of herbal tea;
- boiled chicken breast, 1 hard boiled egg, a glass of grapefruit juice.
- fresh apple, fresh grapefruit, a cup of green tea;
- rice with broccoli, fresh grapefruit, a glass of berry compote;
- vegetables steamed (peppers, tomatoes, broccoli), grapefruit, a glass of mineral water.
Seventh day experts advise making the diet unloading and eating only grapefruits, apples and mineral water.
What can be the results?
Among all kinds of grapefruit diets for weight loss, two most common and effective ones can be distinguished: a week and a three-day diet. Many who have not tried yet are asking themselves: what can be the results if you adhere to the grapefruit diet?
Weight loss with respect to all the rules of the diet, calculated for seven days, varies from 3 to 5 kg. The result of "grapefruit" weight loss will always be purely individual. Moreover, the presence and severity of physical exertion strongly affects the final result and can add about 2-kg more.
After the grapefruit diet, designed for three days, weight loss can vary from 2 to 4 kg. In addition to losing excess weight, during this period of time it is possible to strengthen the cardiovascular, nervous, digestive and immune systems. this fruit is an excellent remedy for disease prevention.
Results of the grapefruit diet – photos before and after: