How to remove excess fluid from the body
What should I do if the eyes swell up in the morning, by the evening, the shoes become tight or the extra pounds do not go away in spite of diets and training?
The cause of trouble can be edema – excessive accumulation of fluid in the internal organs and intercellular space.
Having found out what the cause of the problem is – diseases, an incorrect lifestyle and an allergic reaction – you can safely solve it.
Next, let's talk about this and find out how to remove excess fluid from the body.
The causes of water retention in the body
Its reasons are as follows:
- Violation of the kidneys. When problems with kidneys in the body, excess water is delayed. In some cases, the protein is excreted in the urine, and its low content in the blood leads to edema;
- Heart problems. If the heart does not pump blood in the right regime, it lingers in the legs;
- Varicose veins. The load on the legs is the cause of the enlargement of the veins and edema;
- Lack of hormones. Disruption of the thyroid gland provokes an increase in the blood of the amount of substances that accumulate liquid;
- Allergy: caused by a substance that provokes inflammation;
- Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages. Alcohol leads the body to dehydration, which forces it to accumulate fluid in the edema;
- Passive lifestyle. With a lack of movement, the body can not remove excess water, as this requires the contraction of muscle tissue;
- Unbalanced nutrition. It leads to a metabolic disorder, which is also the cause of swelling;
- Lack of water consumption. If the body does not receive enough fluid, it stores it in the intercellular space, which subsequently leads to edema. Harmful also to drink plenty of water at night;
- Sleep disturbance. Lack of sleep, a wrong pillow height or uncomfortable posture during sleep is the reason that the face looks "wrinkled" in the morning.
Recognition of the disease by type of edema
Some causes of swelling can be determined without the help of a specialist.
10 tips for fighting swelling
Consider the main tips that will help to remove excess fluid from the body. If swelling is not caused by a disease, then you can remove them yourself, following the following principles:
- Restriction of the use of alcoholic beverages;
- Balanced diet: refusal of salty, fried, smoked, fatty and high-carb dishes. When agreed with a doctor, you can arrange unloading days;
- Daily consumption of 1,5-2 l of water. For 3 hours before sleep, the amount of fluid consumed should be tempered. Gradually, the body will be rebuilt to the correct regime and will stop storing water;
- Motion: with sedentary work it is useful to take breaks for gymnastics or at least an 15-minute walk;
- Cold and hot shower. Alternate replacement of warm and cool water increases immunity and improves blood circulation. For the treatment of foot swelling, contrast baths are also used;
- Salt bath: in water with a temperature of 38 degrees, pour in 200 g salt and soda, take a bath 20 minutes. Then wrap yourself in a blanket for half an hour. Then take a shower. It is important not to eat anything for 2 hours before and after the procedure;
- Regular visit to the sauna or sauna removes excess fluid from the body and strengthens the cardiovascular system;
- Comfortable shoes: close shoes and heels contribute to the development of varicose veins;
- Vitamin Complexes: the lack of vitamin B group and magnesium provokes the accumulation of excess fluid in the body, so it should be replenished;
- Massage: improves blood circulation, relaxes, reduces the concentration of stress hormones that contribute to water retention.
And here is the list of the product with the highest protein content.
Experts of our site have found out here that it is necessary to eat to lose weight. Take note!
Folk recipes for removing fluid from the body for weight loss
The fact that losing weight is considered fat and cleaned with the help of hungry diets and painful training, in fact, can be excess water, which can be withdrawn by folk remedies.
So, how quickly to remove excess liquid from the body for weight loss with the help of folk remedies:
- Instead of tea and coffee it is useful to brew and drink infusions of melissa, dogrose, cranberries, dried peel of apples;
- Chopped parsley root pour boiling water and leave for 10 hours. Drink all day for 1 tablespoon;
- Mix the birch leaves and 2 spoons of birch buds, add a little soda and pour in 500 ml of boiling water. Strain and drink 4 times a day for 125.
Remove the edema from the eyes will also help folk recipes based on herbs:
- Mix the pulp of white bread with chopped melissa leaves and apply to the eyelids;
- Finely chop the mint, apply to the eyelids, covering the top with a cotton disc moistened in green tea;
- Bags under the eyes will help remove the mask from the thoroughly grown root of parsley and 1 spoons of tea leaves.
Each mask should be kept for 15 minutes, then rinse with water.
Food to help
Many people are wondering which foods are removing excess fluid from the body. Now we will find out. When swelling, you need to choose foods that help the kidneys work and remove excess fluid, slag and toxins from the body.
- Watermelon, cucumber, melon, having a diuretic effect and containing potassium;
- Proteins help to remove excess liquid, so cottage cheese, lean meat, eggs will be useful;
- Greens, especially parsley and celery;
- Buckwheat cooked without salt and spices;
- Apples, due to their diuretic action, are one of the most effective products for fasting days;
- Fiber, which normalizes the digestive system;
- Rich in potassium and magnesium strawberries, raspberries, cherries, cherries;
- Dried apricots and compotes of dried fruits;
- Dairy products;
- Carrot juice, which helps to normalize the kidneys;
- Citrus fruits, known for their ability to clear blood vessels from cholesterol;
- Pineapple, helping to reduce weight removing stones from the kidneys.
It is necessary to avoid products with a high content of sodium chloride (salt) and products that promote water retention in tissues. These include:
- Semifinished products;
- Chips, croutons, fast food;
- Smoked products;
- Sweet tea and coffee in excess;
Diet against swelling
To remove excess fluid from the body can and with the help of diets that restore the balance of water and salt in tissues. Great popularity is enjoyed by a diet from a British dietician Linda Lazarides.
In unlimited quantities you can use:
- Natural yogurts;
- All fruits, except bananas and grapes;
- All vegetables except potatoes;
- Brown rice;
- Lean poultry meat;
- A fish;
- Fried and smoked;
- Bakery products;
- Wheat flour;
- Sugar-containing products;
- Butter and cheeses;
- Salt and salty foods.
The most effective agent is Furosemide. The drug is used for emergency, but leads to a large number of side effects. Amyloride, Triamteren, Veroshpiron retain potassium in the body.
Diakarb – one of the weakest means, preserves the majority of microelements.
Before appointing pills, the doctor conducts a patient examination and finds out the cause of fluid retention in the body.
Therefore, without a specialist's recipe and necessary tests, it is strictly contraindicated to take tablets, otherwise, together with the liquid, the body can lose the required level of potassium, be at risk of allergy, dehydration and thrombosis.
When treating edemas, it is worth to be attentive to your health and not to resort to extreme measures. How can you remove excess water from the body?
- It is dangerous to sit on strict diets and spend unloading days without consulting a doctor;
- Do not abuse diuretics to avoid dehydration and loss of essential minerals;
- Self-medication can harm your health: before using even the most sparing drugs, you need to consult a doctor;
- It is necessary to avoid diuretic teas for weight loss: they provide a short-term effect, fraught with the loss of trace elements and the return of liquid after the cessation of their action;
- It is wrong to limit water consumption: this will only exacerbate the situation.
If there is a problem related to water retention in the body, it is necessary to revise the attitude towards one's health and change the way of life.
Following these rules reduces the likelihood of disease and increases the overall tone of the body:
- To visit the doctor: sometimes edemas speak about serious pathologies;
- Regularly conduct home health procedures: baths, massages, masks;
- Monitor diet: limit salt intake;
- To go in for sports: even daily 15-minute charging or walk on fresh air positively will affect exchange processes in an organism;
- A good rest;
- Observe the correct drinking regime.