Failures with the bar – technique of the exercise:
- For safety reasons, perform this exercise in the frame for squats. To begin with, adjust the racks so that the bar is slightly below your shoulders. Load the bar with the required weight. Stand under the neck and place it on the back of the shoulders (slightly below the neck).
- Take the neck with both hands and remove it from the racks, straining your legs and torso.
- Step away from the counter. With your right foot take a step forward and sit down, bending your left leg in the knee, keeping your torso straight, and your head lifted. During this movement, take a breath. Hint: do not let the knee of the leg that lies ahead go forward. It should remain on one parallel with the foot.
- Pull your foot off the floor and return to its original position when exhaled.
- Do the necessary number of repetitions and do the exercise with the other leg.
Attention: this exercise requires a good sense of balance. If you are doing this exercise for the first time or have problems maintaining balance, try doing an exercise without a bar, using only your own weight as an aggravation.
Variations: There are several variations of this exercise.
- You can make lunges alternately, then right, then left foot.
- The starting position may be one in which one leg is already in front. In this case, you will only need to move up and down, sinking and lifting with weight.
- An advanced version of the exercise is the steps with the attack. Instead of taking a step back after the lunge and returning to the starting position, you again take a step forward, alternating, thus, the legs.