Various kinds of inflammation of the intestinal mucosa and stomach cause disruption of food digestion and reduced absorption of nutrients. Diet with inflammation of the intestine is part of the treatment, it aims to alleviate the digestive system and reduce irritation.
The most often prescribed diet, which reduces inflammation, normalizes the function of the gastrointestinal tract, provides the body with important trace elements and vitamins, and also improves the performance of other internal organs.
Food for inflammation of the intestine, in the first place, should not irritate the damaged mucosa, also products that promote fermentation or putrefactive processes are excluded.
Diet in case of intestinal inflammation includes steamed, stewed, boiled or baked dishes, necessarily in a crushed form (in a blender, through a meat grinder, sieve), it is important that the food be warm, so that the normal peristalsis of the intestine is not disturbed.
You can not consume pickles, fatty, fried dishes, smoked foods, sauces, marinades, foods with a lot of coarse fibers.
The main principle of the diet is fractionality – often, in small portions. This approach will facilitate the work of the intestine.
Diet with inflammation of the large intestine
Inflammation of the colon is characterized by a fickle stool, there is a tendency to constipation, or vice versa, a liquid stool, so the nutrition is adjusted depending on the symptomatology, in one case you need to eat foods with a laxative effect, in the other – delaying emptying.
If there is a tendency to constipation, you need to add to your diet sugary substances with a lax effect – fruit juices, honey, sweet fruit.
When diarrhea food is strictly limited, in this case, the main goal of the diet is the maximum shaking of the intestinal mucosa.
In this case, recommended low-fat broth, chopped meat (veal, chicken), vermicelli. Also, with normal susceptibility, you can eat fresh cottage cheese.
As the symptoms subsided, other foods are gradually added to the diet (start with vegetable purees, mashed soups, etc.).
Diet for inflammation of the small intestine
In inflammatory diseases of the small intestine mucosa (enterocolitis), there may be a tendency to constipation or diarrhea.
Because of frequent emptying, the body rapidly loses fluid, which leads to a violation of the water-salt balance, so the first few days the patient needs a strict restriction in food, it is allowed to drink strong black tea without sugar.
With diarrhea improves the condition of the jelly with blueberry berries, rice broth.
On 3 – 4 day, the diet is slightly enlarged and products are introduced that improve intestinal motility, reduce fermentation.
In the acute stage, you need to eat soups in rice or semolina, low-fat meat, fish, jelly from oranges, tangerines.
Drink allowed jelly from berries (strawberry, raspberry, currant), juices (from tangerines, oranges).
When the acute symptoms abate, the inflammation of the intestine changes slightly, other foods are gradually found (it is important to monitor the state of health).
Menu diet for inflammation of the intestine
Sample menu for diarrhea:
- breakfast – chicken meatballs, buckwheat porridge, compote (for snack cottage cheese).
- lunch – diet soup, fish soufflé, sweet tea (you can have a bite of tea with crackers).
- dinner – curd-buckwheat casserole, tea, croutons (kissel before bedtime).
- breakfast – boiled veal, braised zucchini, compote (snack – dry biscuits, sweet tea)
- dinner – soup with vermicelli, rice casserole with meat, tea (snack – jelly).
- dinner – stewed zucchini, braised fish, compote (jelly before bedtime).
- cottage cheese, rice boiled, compote (snack – baked apples)
- dinner – soup with vegetables and pearl barley, braised fish, vermicelli, tea (snack – crackers, water diluted with juice)
- dinner – vegetable stew, boiled fish, tea (jelly before bedtime)
- breakfast – puree from potatoes, chicken meatballs, compote of apples (snack – berries)
- lunch – chicken noodles, vegetable stew, tea (snack – crackers, water diluted with juice).
- dinner – fish cutlets, stewed cauliflower, fruit souffle, tea (jelly before bedtime).
- breakfast – cottage cheese fried, mango cereal, compote (bite – baked apple)
- dinner – vegetable soup, meat roll with steam omelet filling, tea (snack – tea, crackers)
- dinner – casserole casserole, fish casseroles, compote (jelly before bedtime).
With a tendency to constipation, the menu for inflammation of the intestine will differ:
- Breakfast: protein omelet, casserole from cottage cheese, compote (snack – apples baked)
- Lunch – soup on chicken broth, goulash, boiled beets, tea (snack – prunes)
- Dinner – curd-buckwheat casserole, tea (kefir before bedtime)
- Breakfast – buckwheat, eggplant stewed, tea (snack – fresh vegetables)
- Lunch – borscht on vegetable broth, steamed vegetables with meat, tea (snack – prunes)
- Dinner – buckwheat, carrot chops, compote (curdled milk before bedtime)
- Breakfast – oatmeal, vinaigrette, tea with milk (snack – dried apricots)
- Lunch – soup with meatballs, zucchini stew, jelly with fruit (snack – carrot grated)
- Supper – fish cutlets, carrot casserole, tea with lemon (kefir before going to bed)
- Breakfast – vegetable salad, boiled fish, tea (snack – grapes)
- Lunch – vegetable soup with pearl barley, stewed vegetables, meatloaf, jelly (snack – fresh apple)
- Dinner – veal goulash, caviar from courgettes, tea (kefir before bedtime)
- Breakfast – buckwheat, goulash, tea with milk, compote (snack – tomatoes)
- Lunch – soup with cauliflower, braised chicken with vegetables, tea
- Supper – meatballs, eggplant caviar, tea (kefir before bedtime).
Diet with inflammation of the intestines should become one of the main parts of therapy, proper nutrition will help the speedy recovery of the mucosa. It should be remembered that all food should be grinded, steamed, baked or boiled. With the constipation of porridge you can fill a small piece of butter, for cooking and salad dressing – vegetable.
Also, with constipation, it is recommended to add a little vegetable oil and sugar to kefir.
Diet for inflammation of the intestine, as one of the main methods of treatment, is used to restore the mucosa and reduce acute symptoms of the disease.
It should be remembered that any disease in the early stages is easier to treat, so it is important to recognize the first signs of inflammation of the intestine (pain, nausea, bloating, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, weight loss) and not delay with treatment.
What can you eat with inflammation of the intestine?
In each case, the diet should be agreed with the doctor.
Diet for inflammation of the intestine should consist of the following products:
- meat, fish in baked, boiled or steamed form.
- vegetable, fish soup, dietary meat broth.
- egg (only with diarrhea, not more than 1 per day)
- carrots tartaya, beets, cauliflower, zucchini, pumpkin in a stewed or boiled form.
- fruits, berries, prunes
- compote, jelly, jelly
- dairy products
- inconvenient pastry with the addition of dried apricots, berries, croutons, stale white bread.
- in small quantities, vegetable oil and butter
What you can not eat with inflammation of the intestines?
For the duration of the disease, it is necessary to exclude from the diet:
- fresh muffin, bread
- pepper, sauces, marinades, condiments, smoked products
- meat and fish fatty varieties, smoked meat, pickles,
- broths rich, fatty
- radish, radish
- pasta, mushrooms
- cakes, chocolate, etc.
- tea, coffee (strong)
Diet for inflammation of the intestines is adjusted by the attending physician depending on the symptoms, condition, etc. (for example, when diarrhea is added to the diet 1 egg soft-boiled, with constipation, eggs are excluded altogether).