Is it possible to consume salt with a diet?
Many of us at least once heard the debate about how much salt is needed in the diet, and, in particular, in the diet. This is a rather complex question, to which a definite answer has not yet been given. In this article, we will try to consider it from all sides and draw the appropriate conclusions.
Opinion of doctors
Doctors adhere to a very specific opinion: salt is necessary to our body, but clearly not in the quantities in which it is consumed by the average inhabitant of the planet. To exclude it completely is not necessary – it is fraught with diseases of bones and heart, some even associate lack of salt with certain mental disorders. But, at the same time, the refusal of salt for a couple of weeks, with a well-thought-out diet, is acceptable – although with the slightest signs of malaise, such diets are advised to be discontinued. A diet without salt should not last long: from 4 to 15 days, depending on your well-being.
Diet without salt: pluses
First of all, your metabolism is normalized. Excess salt is removed from the body, so that the functioning of some internal organs is improved. Some doctors even prescribe such a salt-free diet to people with vascular insufficiency and certain kidney diseases – sometimes people stick to it all their life. Naturally, you should not do this on your own: before such an important step, you need to undergo certain examinations and get a detailed consultation of a doctor who will tell you how to eat rationally to get all the necessary substances in the right amount.
Diet without salt: cons
As you already understood, the salt-free diet is a group of "hard" ones, so it should be used carefully. Before you completely remove the salt from the diet during a diet, consult a doctor – he should say whether you can do so with your health. In addition, with salt in our body often comes iodine and fluoride. Refusing salt, be sure to consider how you will receive these useful elements in sufficient quantities. If you can not come up with the necessary combination of products, or you also need to exclude them from the diet, you can buy special food supplements.
Each diet has contraindications, and salt-free is not an exception.
- Hot summer months. At this time, a person sweats very much, which increases the yield of nutrients from the body. Sits on a diet without salt at this time (and any hard diet in general) is dangerous to health.
- Pregnancy (provided that the restriction in the use of salt is not prescribed by your doctor)
- Stomach problems. Ulcer, gastritis – all these diagnoses require either refusal of a diet, or consultation with a doctor.
What can you eat with a diet without salt?
As you already understood, in addition to refusing pure salt, you will have to stop eating several more specific foods:
The list may not seem very clear, but believe me – the rejection of these products is necessary if you want your salt-free diet to benefit you.
Many of the usual products you can fully leave in the diet:
- Vegetables and fruits (preferably exotic)
- Vegetable and fish soups
- Oil (limited to 10 grams per day)
- Eggs (preferably not abuse)
- Dried fruits
- Various fermented milk products
- Green tea
The last point is worth mentioning separately. Drink as much as possible, so that excess salt in the diet is not retained in the body. It is advisable to drink every half hour, but little by little, so that the right amount of drunk liquid is accumulated per day.
An example of a salt-free diet for 15 days
- 1-3 day: boiled chicken breast (limited to 500 grams per day)
- 4-6 day: any low-fat, and, naturally, unsalted fish (limited to 500 grams per day)
- 7-9 day: porridge on the water. It is desirable to cook buckwheat or oats. Lovers of sweet can add a little honey.
- 10-12 day: vegetables, except for exotic and potatoes (limited to two kilograms per day)
- 13-15 day: fruits, except bananas and grapes (limited to two kilograms per day)
Such a diet, like many others, implies a large amount of drunk water. Use at least two liters a day. You can buy mineral water without gas, and some successfully replace part of the water with green tea without sugar.
An example of a salt-free diet on 4 days
- Day one: usual boiled potatoes. It is desirable to give up spices and oils (this is a short diet, after it spices can be returned to the diet). Drink any beverages that do not contain sugar
- Day two: vegetables and drinks without sugar. You can make salads, but fill them with nothing is not recommended.
- Day three: boiled chicken and drinks without sugar.
- Day Four: repeat the first day.
Such a diet is effective enough and universal, but to make it as effective as possible, do not overeat – try to eat so much to always feel easy hunger
The basic rules that must be observed
To ensure that your diet is as successful as possible, try following these rules:
- All the food that gets into your body must be cooked by you. As a last resort, you have to control the process to be at 100% sure that when preparing the salt was not used.
- If you live in a large family, ask for food to be dosed out already in the dish – so you do not have to cook two servings.
- Do not forget about the diet and at work. If possible, grab a "quick" oatmeal with fruit or bring a pre-prepared lunch from home. Soups and noodles from a bag in this plan will not work – they contain too much salt and other not very useful additives.
- If you really want to eat, go to the store and buy some fruits: they will help temporarily to satisfy hunger and wait for a full dinner or dinner. It's strictly forbidden to buy fast food, it does not matter whether it's a hamburger or a seemingly innocuous pancake with jam.
How to replace salt with a diet?
For many, giving up salt is a real test. Food seems fresh, I want at least some variety. There are wrong thoughts: "And why do I need this diet? What to replace salt, so that the food has at least some taste? "Spices will help you to cope with this. Just do not take ready-made sets for certain dishes – often they add salt, and in general, often look at the composition (this concerns the choice of all products). Otherwise, you can not limit yourself – in the modern market you will find so many unusual spices, that soon you just do not remember about salt.
The only thing – give up various sauces and dressings, even from ordinary mayonnaise, ketchup and soy sauce. If you are not used to eating food for nothing, cook the sauces yourself. The cooking process does not take much time, and you will be sure that the salt content in the sauce is minimal.
If you decide that you will eat salt with a diet, but in strictly limited quantities, try replacing the usual fine-grained salt with a stone "gray" or ordinary sea salt. It's the same salt that contains less sodium chloride, and more useful elements that your body needs, such as magnesium and bromine. The only thing – do not confuse sea salt for baths and edible sea salt. We understand, it sounds silly, but there are people who believe that this is the same thing.
In general, if you are feeling well, and can afford a few days not to eat salt, then such a diet will do you good. In the rest of the time, try to limit yourself to the consumption of salt – but do not get carried away so that there are always enough nutrients in your body.