If a person is sick, he must adhere to a certain mode of life. And at the same time, proper nutrition is very important. That’s why in this article I want to tell you about what a diet can be for kidney disease.
At the very beginning it is necessary to say that the kidneys in the human body perform the following important functions:
- Regulation of water-salt balance.
- Regulation of the endocrine system.
- Metabolism of most nutrients.
What is important to know if a patient has kidney problems? Symptoms of the disease, treatment, diet – that’s what you need to pay special attention. What are the signs of the disease of this organ can be in humans?
- Upset bladder. In such a case, the amount of daily urine output may decrease or increase.
- Rezi with urination (dysuria).
- There may also be pain in the lumbar region.
- The patient may have a fever.
- Often there are swelling.
- Other symptoms: increased blood pressure, weakness, pale skin.
In addition to the fact that the doctor prescribes the administration of various medications for kidney diseases, it is also very important to observe the correct diet. Only with a comprehensive approach can a short time to cope with the disease. What should be a diet for kidney disease? The diet performs the following functions:
- Laps the work of the kidneys without loading them.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Restores the water-electrolyte balance in the patient’s body.
- Removes edema.
This diet is prescribed for kidney and urinary tract diseases.
What kind of diet will it be in kidney disease?
- Proteins should be present in the diet in small quantities.
- Carbohydrates and fats come into the body according to the norm.
- It is necessary to almost completely exclude salt from the diet.
- The consumption of liquid is also limited (preferably up to 0,8 liters per day).
- Food should be maximally vitaminized.
- The temperature of the dishes can be ordinary, any thermal treatment is also permissible.
- Power fractional – 5-6 once a day.
It is also necessary to consider the chemical composition of this diet:
- Proteins: 80 grams. Of these, animal proteins should not be more than 50%.
- Carbohydrates: 400-450 grams. Sugars should not be consumed per day more than 90.
- Fats: about 100 grams. 25% of them are plant.
- The fluid in this case the patient should not drink more than 1 liters.
Food that can be eaten by the patient
What foods are allowed to the patient if he is prescribed a diet for kidney disease?
- Bread can be protein-free, wheat with bran. Is prepared without salt.
- Vegetarian soups.
- In the first couple of weeks of treatment, meat should be excluded from the diet. Then you can eat meat low-fat varieties. It can be chicken, rabbit, turkey.
- You can eat fish of low-fat varieties in cooked and baked form.
- Eggs. 1-2 pieces per day in the form of omelets.
- In a limited amount, you need to consume milk and dairy products.
- You can eat all the vegetables in a natural and boiled form.
- You can also eat any fruit. Especially good with kidney diseases is watermelon and melon.
- Pasta should be limited to the maximum. The cereals are allowed.
- Drinks: compotes, decoctions, tea with milk.
Foodstuffs to be abandoned
Diet in kidney disease also provides for the waiver of certain foods. What then should we forget?
- Black bread. Taboo – bakery products of ordinary baking.
- Salty products.
- Fish, meat and mushroom broths.
- Refuse should be from fatty varieties of fish and meat. Also from smoked meats, canned food.
- Vegetables that should not be consumed: legumes, sorrel, mushrooms, garlic, onions. Also, we must abandon the pickles and marinades.
- Cocoa, chocolate, candy.
- Coffee and all alcoholic drinks.
- You can not also drink mineral water enriched with sodium.
What else can you tell if you are considering a diet for kidney disease? Sample menu – that’s what you can also stop your attention. How can you organize your meals for this problem?
Breakfast. It should be satisfying. So, you can eat an omelet from two eggs, a slice of rye bread, a salad of fresh vegetables. A glass of freshly squeezed juice.
Lunch. You can drink a glass of ryazhenka or yogurt. Alternatively, you can eat your favorite fruit.
Lunch. Soup with vegetable broth. Low-fat meat or fish fillets. Garnish – pounded potatoes or boiled lentils. A fresh vegetable salad. Bread. Broth from a dogrose.
Snack. Fruit salad or pumpkin dessert.
Dinner. Boiled vegetables, baked fish, tea with milk.
Before going to bed, you can drink a glass of yogurt.