Lifting socks in the training apparatus for bench press – technique of performing the exercise:
- Sit in the bench press machine. Place your feet on the platform in front of you. The feet are on the width of the shoulders.
- Slowly lower the safety stop by holding the platform with your feet. Perform bench press, fully straightening your legs. The trunk and legs should form a right angle. Now gently move the feet to the lower part of the platform so that the heels are behind the platform, as shown in the figure. Depending on what kind of load you want to get, the toes are directed forward, inward or outward. This will be your starting position.
- On exhalation, press the platform, lifting the heels, stretching the ankles as much as you can, and straining the calf muscles. Do not bend the knee, they must remain stationary throughout the exercise. After completing the press, take a short pause, then start moving down.
- On inhalation slowly return to the starting position, lowering the heel and relaxing the ankles.
- Carry out the necessary number of repetitions.
Caution: be careful when moving the feet to the bottom of the platform. In the event that the legs slip or you do not hold the weight of the platform, there is a danger of serious injury.
Variations: You can perform this exercise alternately with each leg.