A macrobiotic diet is a diet based on oriental and Buddhist traditions. Its goal is not to reduce weight. It is more aimed at acquiring spiritual tranquility and normalizing the psychological state of a person so that he can establish a connection with the outside world.
However, today this diet is used by many just because they want to return their weight back, without completely going into the "nature" of this food.
The essence of macrobiotic diet
This diet carries in itself two energies – Yin and Yang. By creating a balance of these energies, one can achieve spiritual balance and promote health.
All used products are conditionally divided into two these energies. Among them are allowed to use:
- only natural products, which include fish and fish products, meat, vegetables and fruits, legumes, nuts and algae (by the way, they should be consumed most, since they are the most useful);
- whole grains, including rice, barley, rye, buckwheat and millet;
- any beverages without sugar, excludes alcohol, cocoa, coffee;
- greens: parsley, lettuce, green onions.
At the same time, fatty foods are completely excluded, which were fried in the process of cooking with the addition of oil, sugar, various spices, spicy dishes, and tropical fruits.
Even some kinds of vegetables, namely zucchini, tomatoes and potatoes are banned. Also, you can not consume milk with a high percentage of fat content and any canned food.
Rules of the diet
Macrobiotic diet has its own rules, observing which you can quickly and easily lose excess pounds. It:
- prohibition of overeating;
- the need to eat only whole and natural foods;
- The daily diet should consist of 50% of whole grains, 20% of vegetables, and the remaining 30% are divided between meat, fish and nuts.
It is very important to observe the drinking regime. In a day you need to drink at least 2 liters of purified water. After all, water is life. It forces each cell of our body to work, removing from it all the harmful and improving the work of all internal organs and systems. In addition, water activates the metabolism, which leads to an acceleration of the process of losing weight.
Such food in general has a beneficial effect on the body. Already after a few days, the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood begins to decrease, which leads to a reduction in the risk of developing various diseases of the cardiovascular system and the endocrine system.
Macrobiotic diet has disadvantages. Among them – an acute shortage of minerals and vitamins. The thing is that during its maintenance, a lot of fiber is used for food, which helps to cleanse the body. But the problem is that when the cleansing occurs more than 2-3 days, along with harmful substances, useful ones start to be displayed. But the deficit can easily be avoided if you take the pharmacy vitamins throughout the diet.
Macrobiotic diet menu
The diet lasts exactly 7 days. People who are far from the east, should not stick to her longer time. As the sources promise, in just a week you can reset 5-6 kg.
The menu of the macrobiotic diet is lean and strict. For 7 days, it is necessary to eat according to this scheme:
- breakfast: porridge, cooked on water from 3 st.l. oatmeal and dried fruits, you can also eat a small toast from rye bread and drink a mug of green tea;
- dinner: a serving of vegetable soup, boiled rice with fish or meat, always a handful of nuts;
- Afternoon snack: any fruit except tropical;
- dinner: buckwheat porridge and vegetable salad.
Do not forget to drink water in the intervals between meals. It will improve the digestive process and at the same time tire of hunger.
Macrobiotic diet is ideal for people who lead a sedentary lifestyle. For athletes, this option does not suit the diet. Since it has nutritional limitations, it can affect the functioning of the digestive tract. And if you have problems with it, we recommend that you first visit the doctor and get approval from him before you go on a diet.