The disease, which is absolutely afraid ever since childhood, is an inflammation of the appendix. After all, as you know, when the first symptoms appear, in the form of nausea and sharp pain in the right side, you should immediately seek qualified medical help, in the form of immediate surgical intervention. Otherwise, a lethal outcome is possible.
If circumstances developed in such a way that excessive consumption of harmful products led to inflammation of the above-mentioned organ and it had to be removed, then it is necessary to adhere exclusively to proper nutrition in order to not exacerbate the situation. More details about a special therapeutic diet after removal of appendicitis will be discussed in the following material.
Rules of nutrition after an operation to remove appendicitis
As is known, the liver suffers most from malnutrition. In order not to load it with medical products after the surgery, it is recommended to follow the diet Table number 5 according to Pevzner.
Table 5 number for Pevzner after removal of appendicitis implies adherence to the following rules:
- Protein products should predominate in the menu of the therapeutic diet, and reduce carbohydrates and fats to a minimum;
- After removal of appendicitis, the diet "allows" to eat dishes exclusively in steam, crushed or mashed. That is, any food that promotes body burden is prohibited;
- Required six meals, including breakfast, lunch, dinner and three snacks between them. Portions should be small.
In the first days after removal of appendicitis, it is necessary to monitor the temperature of the food consumed. It must be at least 20 and not higher than 50 degrees Celsius.
In the diet after removal of appendicitis the following products are allowed:
- wheat products of first and second grade flour;
- meat and fish baking;
- pies with apples or cottage cheese;
- beef, lamb, pork, chicken, rabbit and turkey meat;
- sausages in boiled form;
- lean fish: cod, pollock, crucian carp, salmon, perch, trout;
- Soups based on cereals and vegetables;
- kefir, milk, cottage cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, cheese;
- raw and stewed vegetables: tomatoes, aubergines, zucchini, pepper, carrots, peas, cabbage;
- dried fruits: dried apricots, prunes, figs, raisins;
- fruit and berries: strawberries, raspberries, apples, peaches, apricots, pineapples, kiwi, citrus fruits;
- fruit and berry kissels, compotes and juices, broth of wild rose, tea, coffee with milk;
- jellies, jujube, jam, honey.
Menu by day
Based on the above list of eligible foods, we present to you therapeutic diet menu after removal of appendicitis for the next two weeks:
The first week of diet after removal of appendicitis
- Breakfast: a cup of lemon tea with cookies – 2 pcs .;
- Lunch: low-fat chicken broth;
- Dinner: 200 ml of natural low-fat yogurt.
- oatmeal with dried fruits and orange juice;
- vegetable soup;
- buckwheat and yogurt.
- millet porridge with prunes, berry jelly;
- 250 g of boiled rice, a glass of skimmed yogurt;
- oat flakes, a glass of warm milk.
- toast, 150 g of low-fat cottage cheese and coffee with milk;
- soup puree from cabbage and broccoli;
- stewed peppers with onion – 150 g, orange fresh.
- millet porridge with dried apricots, coffee with milk;
- 200 g of boiled chicken meat, tomato juice;
- buckwheat porridge, multifruit juice.
- cottage cheese with raisins – 150 g and a glass of apple compote;
- fruit casserole with skim yoghurt;
- 150 g of boiled chicken meat, kefir.
- toast with honey and a cup of unsweetened black tea;
- baked beef with zucchini and pepper – 200 g, cherry fruit juice;
- buckwheat, fresh from citrus – 250 ml.
The second week of diet after removal of appendicitis
- Breakfast: semolina porridge with jam, unsweetened black tea with lemon;
- Lunch: curd casserole with berries and dried fruits, a glass of apple compote;
- Dinner: 200 g of boiled rice and 100 g of baked trout.
- oatmeal on water, not strong coffee;
- soup with broccoli and courgettes;
- stew of pepper and low-fat chicken meat – 150 g, a glass of kefir, fat content of 1%.
- vegetable smoothies;
- cottage cheese casserole, grapefruit juice;
- 200 g of baked perch and a glass of strawberry mors.
- steam omelette with herbs, a cup of tea;
- buckwheat soup with lean meatballs;
- salad of citrus fruits, seasoned with fat-free natural yoghurt – 250
- a whole-grain bread sandwich with ham and cheese, a hot beverage without sugar;
- rice porridge with honey, orange juice;
- beef crocheted beans – 200 g, a glass of skimmed yogurt.
- cottage cheese with prunes and honey, 200 ml of milk;
- a salad of kiwi, strawberries and pineapples, richly poured juice of half a lemon and a broth of wild rose;
- baked salmon – 200 g, herbal tea.
- omelet with sweet pepper and tomatoes, 150 ml of fat-free yogurt;
- vegetable casserole with sour cream and herbs;
- 150 g of baked trout and 100 g of boiled rice, a cup of herbal tea.
As a snack for a diet after removal of appendicitis are acceptable: yogurt, green tea, a glass of yogurt, a slice of bread, a green apple, grapefruit, an orange.
After removal of appendicitis, it is extremely important to adhere to the above diet. In order not to be bored with eating the same scheme, we suggest to diversify the diet menu with the following recipes:
Let's start by looking at recipes for first courses correct nutrition after removal of appendicitis.
Vegetable soup "Slenderness"
Ingredients: two small potatoes, 300 grams of cauliflower and as much white cabbage, onions, two carrots, half of one pepper, 150 g of canned green peas, a bunch of greens, a pinch of salt, a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- peel and cut the potatoes and carrots;
- then throw the vegetables in a pot of boiling water;
- chop both kinds of cabbage;
- rinse thoroughly and chop the greens;
- throw the greens and cabbage in a saucepan and cook for half an hour;
- before use salt.
The name of the above-mentioned dish speaks for itself. It is recommended to use it three times a week while dieting.
Spinach soup for diet after removal of appendicitis
Spinach soup puree
Ingredients: 150 g spinach, two potatoes, a bulb, a tablespoon of vegetable oil and a pinch of salt, 500 ml of water.
- clean and wash vegetables;
- finely chop onions and fry in vegetable oil until golden brown;
- then cut into cubes potatoes and add to onions;
- pour water and stew for 30-35 minutes;
- then add the spinach and put out for another 5-10 minutes;
- Salt the prepared soup and beat in a blender.
Next is a dish that fits any diet. In this case, it will be very effective in the first two days after removal of appendicitis.
Soup with broccoli
Soup with broccoli
Ingredients: 300 g broccoli, one onion, half a liter of low-fat broth, 50 ml cream, 150 ml milk, 50 g butter, a tablespoon of flour and a pinch of salt.
- clean and chop the onion;
- then fry it in butter until golden;
- omit broccoli in boiling broth;
- cook over low heat for 25 minutes;
- then let the soup cool and shake it in a blender;
- Dissolve the flour in milk and add it to the soup with cream and salt;
- bring the dish to a boil, then turn down the heat and boil another 2-3 minutes.
Now let's move directly to recipes for second courses therapeutic diet after removal of appendicitis.
Fish with vegetables
Ingredients: a kilogram of trout, two carrots, onions, a pinch of salt, 100 ml of fat-free mayonnaise.
- rinse thoroughly and cut into pieces of fish;
- "Roll" in mayonnaise;
- chop thinly the onions with carrots and add to the trout;
- cook in the oven for 40 minutes, at a temperature of 160 degrees.
The above recipe is mandatory recommended for use after removal of appendicitis, preferably 2-3 times a week.
Ingredients: two zucchini, 100 g hard cheese, tomato, 200 g flour, three chicken eggs, a shake of salt and a handful of greens.
- grate courgettes and cheese on a large grater;
- cut the tomato in circles;
- then mix grated zucchini, with flour, eggs, chopped herbs and salt;
- carefully mix the ingredients and put them in a baking dish;
- put tomato slices on top;
- cook in an oven for half an hour, at a temperature of 180 degrees;
- then sprinkle a half-finished dish with grated cheese;
- continue baking for 5-10 minutes.
A dish that you can afford after completing a diet:
Buckwheat with chicken in the oven
Buckwheat with chicken in the oven
Ingredients: 150 г buckwheat groats, half a kilo of chicken without skin, onions, 3-4 garlic cloves, two tablespoons of sunflower oil, half a liter of water, a pinch of salt.
- bring the water to a boil;
- rinse thoroughly the buckwheat and throw into boiled water;
- then add salt and cook for 10-15 minutes;
- marinate chicken meat;
- pour sunflower meat into the baking dish;
- then put chicken and bake until ready, at a temperature of 180 degrees;
- then add the buckwheat to the meat and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
How long does the diet after removal of appendicitis
Duration of the diet Table 5 on Pevzner after removal of appendicitis can vary from a week to a month, depending on the degree of overgrowing of sutures and the physiological characteristics of a person.
Within 12 hours after the completion of the operation to remove appendicitis, experts strongly recommend not using anything, just moisten the patient's lips with a little water. Next, during the next two days, try to observe frequent fractional meals with low-fat broths and soups.
Usually, after removal of appendicitis, the patient is assigned a bed rest with a subsequent medical diet for only seven days, since the operation to remove appendicitis is not considered difficult and does not lead to any unpleasant consequences for the human body.
In some cases, if during the above period after the removal of appendicitis the joints have grown badly, or the patient has worsened state of health, the medical diet is prolonged until complete recovery.
What happens if you break a diet?
Surely you are interested in the question of the consequences of a violation of dietary rules after removal of appendicitis. After all, many, especially children, do not fully understand the whole essence of this kind of diets and immediately return to the usual diet.
Violation of the therapeutic diet after removal of appendicitis threatens to you deterioration of state of health, nausea, vomiting, too slow wound healing and other unpleasant consequences for health. Therefore, a special post-operative medical diet should in no case be broken, interrupted, or replaced by mandatory products in the menu on your loved ones.
Diet after removal of appendicitis is an obligatory measure designed to strengthen immunity after the transfer of the operation and a smooth transition of the patient from therapeutic nutrition to the usual for a certain amount of time. As mentioned above, it can be from a week to a month.