Osteoporosis is a disease of the bone system of the body, so the osteoporosis diet should be directed to supply it with the necessary foods. To restore and maintain healthy bones, a sufficient amount of calcium and vitamin D should be delivered daily. Moreover, they must do this simultaneously. Calcium is the main building material of bone tissue, and vitamin D acts as a conduit, responsible for its assimilation. It is also important to include in the menu products rich in zinc and magnesium, improving metabolic processes in bone tissue and preventing loss of calcium.
How much calcium do I need? Children at least 1000 mg per day, adults 800-1200 mg. (pregnant up to 1500 mg.)
Osteoporosis foods to avoid
To ensure that the diet has benefited, it is necessary to completely exclude from the diet products that promote the washing out of calcium or interfere with its assimilation.
Exclude from the diet should:
- Coffee, chocolate, cocoa
- Carbonated drinks containing caffeine.
- Alcohol and Smoking
- Margarine, mayonnaise, fatty sauces
- Animal fats, especially lamb and beef
Also, you should minimize the consumption of unrefined vegetable oil and ghee. You need to be careful with the use of protein products. Despite the fact that they are good suppliers of calcium, you do not need to overload the digestive system. In a day is recommended to use no more than 200 gr. squirrel. A special place is given to salt. The daily norm of sodium should not be more than 2300 mg.
In order not to exceed the dosage of sodium, it is necessary to completely abandon:
- Sausages, sausages and other ready-made meat products.
- Chips, croutons, fast food.
- Canned food, pickles, marinades.
These foods, in addition to a large amount of salt, also contain dyes, flavors, and preservatives, which do not have the best effect on the metabolic processes of the whole organism.
What should you eat on osteoporosis diet?
Osteoporosis diet is one of the foundations of proper nutrition. The menu is made up only of useful foods, and when preparing dishes, the most gentle methods are used. To save the most vitamins and trace elements.
List of allowed foods for osteoporosis diet:
- Dairy products, cheeses, cottage cheese. It is better to give preference to products of medium and low-fat content.
- Fish: sardines, salmon, herring, tuna, pike perch, cod, pike. Sea and river fish has different microelements. Therefore, when making the menu, you must enter different fish.
- Seafood. Necessarily need to include in the diet of sea kale, in which, in addition to iodine, contains a high concentration of calcium (193 mg).
- Meat: lean beef, chicken, rabbit, turkey.
- Vegetables: all kinds of root vegetables, tomatoes, cabbage, zucchini, pumpkin.
- Greenery and leafy vegetables. It is rich in calcium parsley and celery.
- Mushrooms of all kinds, the leader in the content of calcium.
- Fruits and berries of all kinds. Fresh, frozen, dried. Dried apricots and raisins are especially useful.
- Eggs of chicken and quail.
- Legumes: peas, beans, lentils, soybeans.
- Cereals and cereals: buckwheat, oatmeal, rice, oatmeal, millet, pearl barley.
- Bakery products are better to choose from the flour of lower grades, rye or with the addition of bran.
- Oils: refined vegetable, sesame.
Products from all groups are allowed. The main thing is to exclude fatty, salty and ready-made meals. It is advisable to eat homemade food, and if there is no possibility, then snacks with sour-milk products, nuts, fruits, and vegetables.
Since the list of allowed foods is quite extensive, there should not be problems when making the menu. It can be made useful and varied. It is important when composing to combine foods rich in calcium and vitamin D. Between meals should not take more than 3,5 hours.
Example menu for osteoporosis diet:
- soup with vermicelli, orange juice.
- cabbage soup with mushrooms, boiled chicken, tomato.
- bun with sesame, yogurt.
- stuffed cabbage with meat, milkshake with berries.
- rice porridge, tea with milk.
- Soup with homemade noodles, bread, Greek salad.
- fruit salad, seasoned with lemon and yogurt.
- zucchini stuffed, carrot salad with nuts greens, tea.
- a sandwich with cheese, tea.
- soup with beef, boiled potatoes.
- stewed vegetables with chicken, orange, herbal tea.
- sandwich with cheese, tea
- salad from any fruit and cottage cheese.
- fruit juice, biscuits.
- pepper, stuffed with meat, grapes.
- porridge buckwheat with milk, tea.
- caviar, cornbread.
The menu is very extensive and varied. When cooking, you should avoid frying and better to boil or bake products. The easier the food is processed, the faster it will be absorbed. Therefore, the principle is not worth combining meat products with cereals, it is better with vegetables. The menu contains a large number of foods that are rich in calcium, but this does not mean that the body will quickly fill the deficit. It will take a long time to observe the diet. Also, do not forget that to restore the bone system, in addition to dieting, physical activity is necessary.
Osteoporosis is a disease of bone tissue, increased brittleness of bones due to a lack of calcium. For a patient with osteoporosis, even minor injuries can turn into a fracture. The occurrence of osteoporosis, as a rule, occurs because of a metabolic disorder.
The methods of treatment of osteoporosis directly depend on the nature of the disease. If it arises as a secondary pathology, it will be necessary to eliminate the root cause of the disease – it can be a correction of immune disorders, diseases of the cardiovascular and digestive system,
At the first signs of osteoporosis, doctors recommend the patient to supplement his diet with a quality vitamin-mineral complex with the addition of calcium, because weakened joints and bones require constant support. Pharmacy counters are full of beautiful packages, and it’s no wonder that they get confused.
Osteoporosis is a disease that will inevitably overtake every person if he does not follow certain rules of nutrition and lifestyle. This word should be understood as a decrease in bone density, and as a consequence, a decrease in their strength, and hence an increase in the risk of fractures.
Osteoporosis of the spine is one of the most severe forms of osteoporosis, which is expressed in the destruction of the vertebrae. In this case, a person loses the ability to control the balance, and there is also a high probability of developing specific fractures. These compression fractures are, in fact, just damage, which.
The information on the site is intended for acquaintance and does not call for independent treatment, the doctor’s consultation is obligatory!