Proper nutrition for muscle mass gain
Many newcomers, when they come to the gym, dream of finding a sporty, inflated figure, in order to boast of bold muscles in the future, and also to strengthen health and increase self-esteem. For a set of muscle mass, you need not only a well-planned system of training and rest, but also proper nutrition. For a set of dry muscle mass, rather than growth of fatty deposits, it is necessary to observe a special diet, the principles of which are equally suitable for both men and women.
How to eat to gain muscle mass?
To determine the rate of daily caloric intake for maintaining your normal body weight, multiply your weight in kilograms by 30. In order to gain muscle mass, it is necessary to add to the received indicator 500-1000 Kcal, depending on the type of physique.
For example, a man weighing 75 kg to maintain his weight in the norm should be consumed per day 2250 Kcal, and for a set of muscle mass 2750 Kcal. The norm of the daily caloric intake of a woman's diet at a weight of 55 kg is 1650 Kcal, and for a set of muscle mass 2150 Kcal. To achieve effective results, it is allowed to increase the daily calorie content of the diet during intensive training, while strictly observing the indicated norm of BJU.
Diet for a set of muscle mass suggests a certain ratio in the diet of proteins, fats and carbohydrates:
This proportion is optimal with a diet for muscle mass and strength, because:
Carbohydrates – sources of energy, are necessary for the assimilation of protein products. Simple carbohydrates (sugar, sweets) are easily absorbed by the body, they should be 35% (from the total carbohydrate diet) in the diet of the diet for muscle mass. Complex carbohydrates (cereals, vegetables, fruits) are digested more slowly. With a diet of 65% of the total norm of carbohydrates accounted for it is difficult to set the body weight.
Fats – give energy for prolonged and intense physical exertion, contribute to the production of hormones necessary for muscle mass gain. With the diet, the intake of 70% of animal fats and 30% of vegetable fats is considered optimal.
Proteins – an important building material for the body as a whole, contributing to tissue growth. With protein deficiency, there will be no increase in muscle mass. With regular physical activity and a diet for muscle mass growth, it is necessary to consume 2-4 g of protein per day on 1 kg of weight daily.
In addition to correctly caloric value and the norm of BIO of the diet, other diet rules for effective muscle mass gain:
- Fractional power. Feed should be 7-8 once a day;
- Most of the carbohydrates should be consumed in the morning;
- Most of the proteins should be consumed in the afternoon;
- Water balance. Every day you should drink at least 2,5 liters of water without gas. It is recommended to drink one glass of water for 20-30 minutes before meals and after 30 minutes after a meal, that is, between meals.
For effective muscle mass gain, it is recommended to take additional supplements and vitamin complexes, such as:
Permitted and Prohibited Products
Diet for a set of muscle mass – allowed products:
- Low-fat meat (beef, veal, rabbit meat);
- Low-fat bird without skin (turkey, chicken);
- Fish (including bold) and seafood;
- Dairy and sour-milk products;
- Cereals and cereals (rice, buckwheat, oats, barley);
- Macaroni products from durum wheat;
- Bread of coarse (whole-grain, bran);
- Vegetables (including starchy);
- Fruits and berries (including sweet);
- Dried fruits;
- Natural honey;
- Bitter chocolate;
- Jam, jams;
- Vegetable oil of cold pressing.
Diet for muscle mass gain – Prohibited foods:
- Fatty meat of pork and lamb (due to the risk of increasing blood cholesterol levels);
- Pickles, marinades (detain excess fluid in the body, which creates an additional burden on the cardiovascular system);
- Semi-finished products;
- Fast food;
- Chips, snacks, croutons;
- Sweets (containing dyes and other harmful food additives).
Diet for a set of muscle mass for a man
The diet for lean muscle mass for men is to increase the daily calorie intake. So, from the above calculations, a man weighing 75 kg needs 2750-3000 Kcal per day (depending on the type of physique) for levying muscle mass with regular physical exertion. To achieve an effective result, it is important not only to count the daily calorie content of the diet and the ratio of BJU, but also to eat strictly for a certain time:
Based on the proposed dietary schedule for a diet for muscle mass, training should be in the period from 17: 30 to 18: 15.
Nutrition by the hour will contribute to a complete reorganization of the body. Full adaptation to the new diet regime, on average, will take place after 3-4 weeks of dieting for muscle mass.
Diet for muscle mass gain for men – an approximate menu for the week:
- Oatmeal porridge 100 gr with milk (1 glass). 2 hard-boiled eggs. Toast with jam (2 tsp);
- Banana. Bun with poppy seeds;
- Rice 100 gr. Boiled chicken breast 100 gr. Cucumber tomato. 1 piece of whole grain bread;
- Buckwheat 50 gr. Boiled turkey fillet 100 gr. Vegetables 100 gr;
- Mashed potatoes 150 gr. Heck for a pair of 200 gr. Salad of grated carrots 150 gr;
- Cottage cheese skimmed 150 gr. A glass of yogurt 1%.
- Corn porridge (100 gr) with milk (1 glass). Omelette from 2 proteins and 1 yolk. Toast from whole grain bread with butter (1 tsp);
- Marmalade 100 gr. Nuts 30 gr. Pear;
- Pearl barley 100 gr. Beef goulash 200 gr. Vegetable salad 150 gr. 1 a piece of rye bread;
- Buckwheat porridge 100 gr. Boiled chicken fillet 100 gr. Vegetable salad 150 gr;
- Rice 150 gr. Baked pike perch 200 gr. Salad "Greek" 150 gr;
- Ryazhenka 1 glass; Low-fat curd 150 gr.
- The omelet is steamed from 2 eggs and 1 protein. Rice porridge (100 gr) in milk (200 ml) with dried fruits 20 gr;
- Zephyr 100 gr. Apple juice glass;
- Plov 100 gr. Shrimp 200 gr. Salad from cabbage 200 gr;
- Barley porridge 100 gr. Steam cutlets from beef 100 gr. Banana 1 pcs;
- Turkey (200 gr), baked with broccoli and spinach (150 gr). Buckwheat 150 gr;
- A glass of yogurt. A piece of hard cheese.
- Oat flakes 100 gr with milk (200 ml). Raisins 0,5 glass;
- Marmalade 100 gr. Orange;
- Steak grilled salmon 200 gr. Baked potatoes 2 pcs. Rocket salad 150 gr;
- Ragout of lentils with vegetables 200 gr. Boiled turkey fillet 100 gr;
- Plinth pilaf 100 gr. Fish souffle 200 gr. Caviar roe 150 gr;
- Cottage cheese, seasoned with yoghurt 150 gr.
- Buckwheat 100 gr with milk 200 ml. Toast from whole grain bread with jam (2 tsp);
- Bitter chocolate 20 gr. Peach;
- Mashed potatoes 100 gr. Baked pike 200 gr. Salad from sea kale 150 gr;
- Meatballs from beef for pair 150 gr. Spaghetti with soy sauce 150 gr;
- Stuffed pepper with meat of beef 250 gr with sour cream 50 gr;
- A glass of yogurt. 2 pieces of hard cheese.
- Barley porridge 100 gr. with dried fruits 0,5 glass. 2 hard-boiled eggs;
- A glass of tomato juice. Bun with jam;
- Fish cutlets 200 gr. Salad of grated beets 150 gr. Buckwheat 100 gr;
- Boiled chicken breast 150 gr. Cabbage rolls 150 gr;
- Rice 100 gr. Beef Stroganoff from veal 150 gr. Salad "Shopsky" 150 gr;
- Milk cocktail 200 ml.
- Buckwheat porridge 100 gr. 2 hard-boiled eggs. Toast from whole grain bread. Hard cheese 30 gr;
- Green apple. Raisins 100 gr;
- Пшенка 100 гр. Boiled turkey fillet 200 gr. 1 a piece of whole grain bread. Vinaigrette 100 gr;
- Rice 100 gr. Omelette from 2 eggs. Cucumber tomato;
- String beans 100 gr. Alaska pollack 200 gr. Salad of vegetables, seasoned with sour cream 150 gr;
- Low-fat curd 150 gr. 1 a piece of cheese.
Menu for the week for women
The diet for women for a set of muscle mass practically does not differ from the technique for men. So, a woman with a weight of 55 kg needs to consume about 2150-2300 Kcal per day, depending on the constitution and the intensity of the training. To increase the daily caloric intake of the diet is possible only with regular training with high intensity, so that the excess energy is not converted to fatty deposits.
It should be eaten often, which will accelerate the metabolism and speed of muscle growth. Fast carbohydrates (eg sweets) can be consumed only after training with a diet for muscle mass, but in very small quantities. Daily it is necessary to drink at least 2 liters of still water in breaks between meals. You can not drink water with water.
Diet for muscle mass gain for women – an approximate menu for a week (breakfast, snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, snacks):
- Eggs of 2 eggs. 1 a slice of rye bread. A glass of tomato juice;
- Pearl barley 100 gr. Steam cutlets from beef 150 gr. Cucumber tomato;
- Chicken broth 400 ml. 2 a slice of rye bread. Boiled chicken fillet 100 gr;
- Buckwheat 100 gr. Stewed rabbit 200 gr. Eggplant caviar 200 gr;
- A glass of yogurt 1%.
- Oatmeal porridge 100 gr with milk 200 ml;
- Boiled turkey fillet 150 gr. 3 baked potatoes. Carrot salad 150 gr;
- Toast from whole grain bread with jam (20 gr);
- Puree from bean 200 gr. Chill 200 gr;
- Cottage cheese, seasoned with yoghurt 100 gr.
- Buckwheat porridge 100 gr with milk 200 ml. Walnuts handful;
- Soup-kharcho with beef 200 ml. 2 a slice of rye bread. Boiled chicken fillet 150 gr;
- Cottage cheese with herbs 200 gr;
- Rice 100 gr. Shrimp 200 gr. Salad "Greek" 200 gr;
- A glass of yogurt.
- Muesli 100 gr with dried fruits 0,5 glass. Hard boiled egg;
- Fruit salad 200 gr;
- Chicken bouillon. 2 a piece of whole grain bread. Pike perch on the grill 150 gr;
- Vinaigrette 200 gr. Veal from veal 200 gr;
- Buckwheat 100 gr. Meatballs 150 gr. Salad from cabbage 200 gr;
- Natural yogurt 200 ml.
- Omelette from 2 eggs. 2 the tomato. 1 slice of ham;
- Pear. A handful of pine nuts;
- Pea soup 200 ml. 2 a piece of rye bread;
- Boiled chicken breasts 200 gr. Salad of grated beets 150 gr;
- Puree from lentils 100 gr. Steam cutlets from beef 200 gr. Cucumber tomato;
- A glass of yogurt.
- Barley porridge 100 gr with milk 1 glass;
- Mushroom soup 300 ml. 2 a slice of rye bread. Boiled turkey fillet 150 gr;
- Medallions of beef 150 gr. Salad from cabbage 150 gr;
- Trout grilled 200 gr. Vinaigrette 200 gr;
- A glass of ryazhenka.
- Oatmeal porridge 100 gr with milk 200 ml;
- Apple jelly 200 ml;
- Borsch Siberian 300 ml. 2 a slice of rye bread. Boiled chicken breasts 150 gr;
- Omelette from 2 eggs. Toast from whole grain bread with cheese;
- Plinth pilaf 100 gr. Carp on the grill 200 gr with broccoli 150 gr;
- A glass of yogurt.
How to eat to save the result?
A set of muscle mass – a coveted goal of many newcomers who came to the gym. Correctly selected diet, taking into account the daily energy inputs and daily caloric intake, will allow you to build muscle mass in the shortest possible time and transform it into relief forms with the help of regular training. However, if you follow a diet, you need to consider the individual characteristics of your body. To this end, to create a diary of food and to write down there all the products consumed for a day. This will allow you to control your weight, track deficits or an overabundance of calories, help to develop your own nutrition scheme.
It is important to consider that a set of muscle mass can provoke an increase in body fat in the waist region. In this case, you should increase the intensity of training and reduce the daily caloric intake of the diet by 10%. In order to preserve the result of the set of muscle mass and prevent the accumulation of fatty layer, you should continue to monitor your diet, weighed regularly before and after training.
Only systematic control over their weight, nutrition and physical loads in the complex will allow you to be in shape. It is recommended to continue to follow the basic principles of the diet for the recruitment and preservation of muscle mass, namely: eat a fractional daily, drink at least 2 liters of still water, in the morning take a large part of the daily norm of carbohydrates, and in the evening – protein products.