Benign prostatic hyperplasia or as it is also called – prostate adenoma – this disease is quite actively diagnosed in representatives of the strong half of humanity, especially those whose age has passed 40 – the summer boundary. But many know that a balanced diet can protect against many diseases, as well as become one of the components of the healing process used to stop the pathology. Therefore, a significant role in the treatment of the disease in question has a diet with prostate adenoma. Thanks to her, the process of healing and recovery is more active and takes less time.
The essence of the diet with prostate adenoma
No one will dispute the fact that food both heals and maims. Therefore, in the presence of pathological changes in the patient’s body, the treating doctor very often introduces restrictions on the consumption of a number of products. A similar diet was developed to help the male body to fight the disease that affects the prostate gland.
The diet is chosen for each patient individually, taking into account the degree of neglect of the pathology, the general condition of the patient and his anamnesis, as well as the taste preferences of the patient. But, as practice shows, without changing the regime and the balance of nutrition is indispensable.
The food should at least not exacerbate the health situation, but as a maximum – become one of the elements of the healing process. Therefore, the essence of the diet for prostate adenoma is the maximum benefit for the patient’s body.
If the patient strives for recovery, adherence to restrictions is necessary. “Right” dishes will slow down the development of pathology and increase the chances of a faster recovery.
Particular attention is given to products rich in selenium (Se) and zinc (Zn), which favorably affect the tumor, reducing its size. During illness the man should receive during the day 25 mg of zinc, and not less than 5 μg of selenium.
High content of zinc show such products:
- Seafood: mussels, oysters, shrimps.
- Red meat, especially lamb and low-fat beef.
- Wheat germ, bran.
- Buckwheat grain.
- Dried watermelon and pumpkin seeds.
- Cocoa powder and chocolate.
- Veal liver.
- Egg yolk.
Selenium can also be found in such products:
- Pork and beef liver.
- Rice, buckwheat, barley and oatmeal.
- Meat of an octopus.
- Beans and lentils.
- Sea kale.
- Shrimp and scallops.
- Olive oil.
If there is a persistent lack of these elements, you must actively consume the above products, the benefit of them is easy to diversify. The doctor can also prescribe the intake of vitamins.
In this case, do not forget about vitamin E, which increases the effective presence of selenium. It should not be forgotten that from the food the organism absorbs only a part (at best half) of the microelements contained in it.
As research has shown, the main reason – the provocateur of adenoma development is the hormonal imbalance, which over the years is only aggravated. With age, testosterone levels decrease, whereas the amount of estradiol increases. Also on the birth and growth of education affects the increase in the number of adipose tissue, which implies that one of the methods of prevention of adenoma should be control of body weight, which invariably affects the diet and individual addiction to a particular product.
It is also necessary to systematically care about the emptying of the intestine. Therefore, a diet with prostate adenoma should be concerned with this issue. But before you sit down on it, you should know exactly the list of foods that are not acceptable in the diet and those whose presence is simply necessary.
- Take liquid during the meal and immediately before going to bed should not be. Otherwise, the digestive process worsens (in the first situation) and increases the nighttime load on the bladder and urinary system (with fluid intake before going to sleep). What should I avoid while diagnosing this disease. Water and drinks should be drunk between meals, or not earlier than one hour after a meal.
- It is necessary to maintain a balanced diet and diversity in foods.
- Should predominate protein food.
- The content of fats in food is allowed, but not more than 30%. In this case, mainly, it should be fats of vegetable origin.
- Do not overeat at night.
- It is necessary to monitor your body weight, avoiding overeating and the appearance of extra pounds.
Diet with prostatitis and prostate adenoma
One of the most common diseases affecting the male reproductive system is prostate adenoma and prostatitis. Prostatitis is an inflammatory process that occurs in the tissues of the prostate gland, whereas an adenoma is a tumor that forms in the prostate gland.
The reasons that catalyze the development of this pathology are many, but the main ones are inconvenient close meltings, glitches in the hormonal background, inactivity, sexual infections and others. To contribute to the development of such pathology can also nutrition.
Therefore, the first thing the doctor does is recommend that you review the diet, so the foods that are present in the diet of a man directly affect the condition of his body.
The developed diet for prostatitis and prostate adenoma is aimed at purifying the genitourinary system, reducing the concentration of urine and working to stimulate human immunity. Restriction in nutrition is one of the elements of therapeutic therapy. If the disease has passed to the chronic plane, then adhere to these recommendations will have to constantly, because if the regime is violated, the exacerbation of the disease may be provoked.
The main principle of the diet for the diseases under consideration – food should be easy, quickly absorbed by the body. The rest of the principles of this diet, as well as “useful” and “harmful” products have already been given above.
Do not overeat and overuse the urinary system. It is always necessary to monitor the emptying of the intestine. It should be easy and regular. It is necessary to limit the intake of products that can cause increased gas production. Constipation and diarrhea can provoke stagnant phenomena in the circulatory system of the pelvic organs, which is undesirable in principle, and with adenoma in particular.
The main method of processing products – steamed, boiled and baked. Dishes should not be spicy or too spicy. Such seasonings have an irritating effect on the intestines, which is unfavorable for the balance of its microflora.
The volumes of liquid to be drunk must be up to two liters per diem. It can be mineral water of low degree of mineralization, freshly squeezed juices, fruit drinks, herbal teas, compotes. It is necessary to exclude alcoholic drinks and carbonated liquids.
If the disease is not chronic and has been stopped, then it is necessary to get out of the diet gradually, not by imposing prohibited products. But a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet are always relevant. By introducing them into a habit, a person will permanently get rid of many problems, and the risk of the appearance and development of other pathologies will significantly decrease.
These restrictions should not significantly affect the diet and dietary diversity of men. Do not have to starve, but such a healthy diet will be beneficial for the whole body.
Before you sit down on the diet in question, it is advisable to consult with a specialist. If there are other diseases in the patient’s medical history, the list of permitted and contraindicated products may need to be adjusted.
Diet after an operation to remove prostatic adenoma
At a certain clinical picture, the attending physician – the urologist can raise a question on removal of an adenoma. After surgical intervention, the patient is waiting for a recovery period, one of the elements of which is to become a diet after the operation to remove adenoma of the prostate.
Its main principle is more protein food, fruits and vegetables, less fat, especially animal origin. Preference is given to vegetable fats, which provide the body with the necessary substances for its normal work.
A high percentage of consumed vegetable proteins favorably affects the body, significantly reducing the risk of developing cancer pathology. Studies have shown and continued monitoring that consumption of red meat increases the likelihood of prostate cancer, on average, by 12%.
The main limitation (or total exclusion) concerns such products:
- Poor fiber.
- Containing food additives, dyes, flavors and preservatives.
- High-calorie dishes with a high content of animal fats.
- Under the ban falls roast, spicy and overly spicy food.
- Smoked meat and pickles.
- Caffeine-containing foods.
- Carbonated drinks.
The basis of the diet should be fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins, microelements, fiber, which activates the digestive process and prevents congestion in the pelvic organs.
Particular attention is given to food containing a high percentage of chemical elements such as selenium and zinc, the deficit of which leads to the emergence and further aggravation of the problem. They are rich in seafood, as well as many others.
As already mentioned above, it is not necessary to ignore the level of functioning of the intestine. In addition to excluding products that cause increased flatulence, and capable of “fixing a chair,” one should also revise the mode of food intake: it should be taken in small portions, but the number of receptions should increase. This will keep the digestive tract in a tone, activating the motor, promoting more active production of gastric juice, which can serve to prevent constipation.
In the postoperative period, usually boiled beets, prunes, sour-milk products, dried apricots, carrots, cereals and others appear on the patient’s table, those dishes that loosen the density of feces.
To date, surgeons are “armed” with several types of surgical treatment. Depending on the clinical picture of the disease, the degree of its severity and individual characteristics of the body, the doctor can prescribe as a gentle minimally invasive method, after which a minimal rehabilitation period is observed and the patient returns to his usual life, and more complex. If a severe level of pathology is diagnosed, an adenomectomy can be prescribed. This is a rather complicated traumatologic operation, after which the recovery period is much longer, and requires careful follow-up of the recommendations received from the treating specialist.
Improve the situation and accelerate recovery is just the diet for prostate adenoma.
But it is important not only for postoperative patients, but also for healthy representatives of the strong half of humanity. The maintenance of a healthy lifestyle and a culture of nutrition will save it both from the progression of diseases of the genitourinary system, and from many other pathologies.
To make the postoperative wound more quickly delayed, the load on the digestive and genito-urinary system should be reduced. Balanced nutrition increases the body’s immune status, allowing it to fight disease more effectively and activate hidden reserves for faster recovery.
What is allowed to eat after the operation?
- A large number of vegetables and fruits that contain an increased percentage of coarse fibers, polyphenols, vitamins, trace elements, chemical compounds that have antioxidant qualities. And numerous phytonutrients, allow to reduce the likelihood of prostatic adenoma.
- It is worth paying attention to tomatoes, with lycopines contained in them – powerful compounds that purify the body of damaging molecules called free radicals. They become for the weakened organism protection from trying to infect the infection, preventing the development of the inflammatory process.
- In the diet of such a patient in the period after the operation, vegetable white is obligatory, which is especially rich in legumes. A wide range of dishes created on their basis, will make the diet quite diverse, as nutrients that are part of beans, beans, lentils, healthily affect the body of a man suffering from prostatitis and adenoma.
- It is necessary to minimize the use of harmful fats. Animal fats act inhibitively on metabolic processes. The body has to spend more time and energy resources for their processing and disposal, increasing the load on the digestive tract. Some scientists even believe that the consumption of animal protein (fat, eggs, meat) increases the risk of the birth and progression of prostate tumors (benign hyperplasia). Vegetable protein is not only an excellent food and energy source, but also significantly reduces the likelihood of this disease due to its isoflavonoids, which form their basis.
- Green tea has recently entered our life, but has already received its recognition from many. It is impossible not to mention it in connection with the problem discussed in this article. Studies show that catechins found in a given beverage easily penetrate the cellular structures of the prostate gland. Once in place, they contribute to the activation of testosterone production. Its other constituents – polysaccharides and the omega-3 substance – have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body tissues. That is, it is necessary to replace black with green tea and the likelihood of developing prostate adenoma, the further development of the disease will significantly decrease, and the postoperative period will be easier and faster.
- It is impossible not to mention the most valuable product: seafood: anchovies, shrimp, halibut, octopus meat, squid, flounder, scallops, sardines and many others. Their regular consumption activates the immune forces, increasing the amount of antioxidants in the plasma.
- It is worth saying “No” to fast food products and food products, which include stabilizers, dyes, emulsifiers, flavor enhancers.
- It should be minimized dishes that have a high level of calorie.
- It is necessary to abandon chips, shop crunches, products prepared in deep-fried, fried and peppery dishes. When frying, a large number of carcinogens are released, harmful even for a healthy body, not to mention the body weakened by the disease.
- After removal of the adenoma of the prostate gland, it is necessary to abandon the caffeinated products, they worsen the general condition of the patient and slow the healing process.
- As little as possible should consume salty foods.
- No alcoholic and fizzy drinks. 60 ml of vodka, 500 ml of natural beer and 200 ml of unsweetened wine – this is the amount that is allowed without harm to health. Higher doses adversely affect a person’s condition.
- It is forbidden to eat meat of red varieties. For example, beef, nutria, pork, lamb and so on. Uncontrolled consumption of such product increases the risk of carcinoma (prostate cancer) by 12%.
- You should consume more sour-milk products. They, in the majority, contain positive microbacteria or probiotics. It is better if it is cooked at home, in compliance with all technological rules. A special starter can be purchased today in any pharmacy or specialized store. Acidic medium will contribute to the inhibition of growth and development of pathogenic flora, which is the catalyst of the inflammatory process.
This approach to nutrition will help a man who has gone through the removal of adenoma to recover faster after surgery and return to the usual rhythm of life.