In bodybuilding and powerlifting push-ups on the uneven bars is the basic exercise that develops triceps and pectoral muscles.
During the training on push-ups on the uneven bars, the pectoral muscles and triceps are gradually developed, regulated by the level of the load on them, which directly depends on the position of the hands on the projectile.
During such training, a large pectoral muscle develops. This fan-shaped, large and thick muscle covers the upper part of the thorax and from the outside forms the anterior wall of the axilla. It consists of sternocostal and clavicular heads. The sternocostal head is located in the upper part of the sternum, the six upper ribs of the thoracic region, and in some people and on the external oblique muscles of the abdominal wall. The clavicle is located on the outer surface of the clavicle. The heads are attached to the humerus in the region of the shoulder joint and are parallel. This separation between the two thoracic muscles is very clearly seen in individual athletes.
The ability of a person to perform these or other movements by the hands is provided by the pectoral muscles. Thus, the movement of the hand to the midline of the body is carried out by the movement of the humerus, which is performed due to the large pectoral muscle turning the arm inward in the shoulder joint. At the same time, both the head of the muscle are working. Moving the humerus forward and flexing the shoulder joint helps the clavicular head. The movements of the arm forward, down and back are due to the straightening of the shoulder joint, which is performed by the sternocostal head. Returning the hand down after drawing it back and behind your back is also due to the operation of the large pectoral muscle. This is exactly what happens during the squeezing exercises on the uneven bars.
During push-ups on the uneven bars, triceps are involved in the work of the hands – triceps brachial muscles with three heads: long (inner), external and medial. During push-ups, the inner (long) head of the triceps has the greatest activity, since it is involved in straightening the shoulder and elbow joints. This head of the triceps is located on the scapula slightly below the shoulder joint, connects to other heads, crosses the elbow joint and is attached to the elbow part of the forearm. The outer head does not cross the elbow joint and is placed high on the humerus. In the middle of the humerus there is the beginning of the medial head of the triceps, which lies under the inner and outer heads. Its part can be seen directly above the elbow joint.
1. In order to begin to perform the exercises on the uneven bars you need to take the position of the emphasis on the straight hands. It should be remembered that starting a workout from this position allows the muscles to contract and get ready for work. Starting the exercise from the bottom position is undesirable and risky.
2. The next stage of the exercise is torso of the torso forward, after which, by bending the arms in the elbows, a slow descent of the body between the beams. At the same time, sinking, you need to resist the weight of your own body, pulling it down. Failure to do so may result in damage to the elbow joint or pectoral muscle at the point of attachment to the humerus. Dropping down only partially, the medial and external head of the triceps is activated, and the pectoral muscles remain unloaded. To activate the pectoral muscles, it is necessary to go down so deeply that the armpits are at the level of the hands. Above the bars should only be the upper part of the pectoral muscles. This position of the body makes it possible to stretch and activate large pectoral muscles, since the shoulder sections of the hands are retracted far back. If you have been training before, you have not lowered your body so deeply, do not rush to achieve the described result instantly. If necessary, stop at a level convenient for you, and at the next workout try to lower your body a little lower. Remember, before full stretching of the pectoral muscles, you can not use any additional weights of the body.
3. At the next stage of training, after lowering the body to the level convenient for you, make a two-second pause and lift the body up. If you have set yourself the task of developing the pectoral muscles, raise your elbows to the side when lifting. In this position, the hands will be turned inward, and the pectoral muscles will stabilize the shoulder sections of the arms and pull them to the middle line of the body. At this stage of the exercise, the middle and lower sections of the pectoral muscles are activated. In this case, it is necessary to keep the position of the body tilt forward, which is achieved by placing the chin in the chest. This position of the body increases the load on the lower part of the chest. If the main load you want to direct to the triceps, then during the whole movement, the elbows should be close to the torso, and the body – in a vertical position without tilting forward. It should be remembered that in this position the body exercises will not be effective for the pectoral muscles, and the triceps very soon become tired.
4. Slowly lowering the body to the bottom point can quickly raise it up. However, do not try to do a quick lifting of the body if you did not do it before. Lifting your body you need to straighten your elbows slowly and confidently. During lifting, do not bring your elbows to the ribs.
5. This exercise is cyclical: the lowering of the body alternates with its rise. Do it as many times as you can. If at some stage of the training you can not perform a full body lift, slowly go down to the lowest point and climb to the highest possible level. Repeat the exercise at this rate several times. In this case, the work of the pectoral muscles, aimed at straightening the shoulder joint and bringing the hands will still continue, and they will be completely stretched with repetitions. If triceps become tired, it is permissible to perform negative (eccentric) repetitions. They are performed as follows: lifting to the upper point with the help of the feet, and then slowly lowering the body into the lower one.
When, as a result of carrying out a sufficient amount of training, the muscles of the chest get stronger, and you will be able to perform exercises with the greatest amplitude of the upper and lower push-up points, you can use additional weights. This allows you to reduce the number of repetitions in order to maximize the effect on muscle growth. It is necessary to choose a weight of burden, which allows you to perform a full push-up 8-10 times. However, be extremely careful while lifting and lowering the case. Do not make sudden movements. This can be done only after long training, when your muscles and ligaments will adapt to this kind of exercise.
With proper training, progress is very soon achieved. The process of adaptation to new loads, as a rule, passes quickly, and a few extra pounds on the belt will not be an obstacle to achieving new successes in this basic exercise.
Is it possible to do both the butt and the bar in one day?
You need a program for push-up on the floor, use it for push-up on the bars. How do you like this option?)))))
why there is no program for pushing on uneven bars?
By the way, yes, I would not have refused the program either.
I support or support, or to me as itself it is necessary to make it or her
I heard that thanks to push-ups on the uneven bars, men become stronger and stronger, they become more enduring. What can be more beautiful than the athletic physique of a man? I just thought about this. Are there any contraindications for push-ups on the uneven bars? And do I need any training before I start doing such exercises? It seems to me that, nevertheless, some kind of preparation is needed. If someone knows something about this, please share your opinion.
It is necessary to pump the triceps and chest with more light exercises. With dumbbells, for example, and push-ups wide grip.