Draft rod in the slope in the Smith machine – technique of the exercise:
- Adjust the height of the bar rod in the Smith simulator so that it is below your knees at 5 cm.
- Slightly bend your knees and bend forward, bending at the waist until the upper part of the body is almost parallel to the floor. Keep your back straight. Hint: the head should be raised.
- Take the neck with a grasped grip (palms facing down), remove it from the racks. The bar of the bar should be in front of you, in arms stretched perpendicular to the trunk and floor. This will be your starting position.
- Keep the body motionless, on exhalation, pull the bar to yourself, bending your arms in the elbows. Keep your elbows close to your body, weight should be held by your forearms. At the end of the movement, strain the back muscles and stay in this position for a few seconds.
- On inhalation slowly lower the stem to its original position.
- Carry out the necessary number of repetitions.
Attention: refrain from performing this exercise if you have problems with back or waist. Carefully ensure that the back is bent in the lower back during the whole exercise, otherwise you can injure your back. If you have doubts about the chosen weight, it is better to take less than a greater weight.
Variations: also you can perform this exercise using the grated grip (palms facing you). As an alternative to the Smith machine, you can use a barbell or dumbbells.