Dietary changes can help reduce the severity of the symptoms. A good seborrheic dermatitis treatment includes a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle. Several studies have shown that a diet rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory foods can significantly reduce the inflammation in the skin. Eating a healthier diet can help alleviate the symptoms and reduce the risk of developing the condition.
The seborrheic dermatitis diet is a necessary component of the treatment complex. The normal condition of the skin largely depends on the nutrition and proper functioning of the digestive tract. A balanced diet contributes to normalize the processes, withdraw slags, improve the condition of the whole organism.
The diet of a person suffering from seborrheic dermatitis is crucial to treating the condition. Besides avoiding sugars, it should be rich in healthy fats. Avocados and coconut oil are excellent sources of fats, which can reduce inflammation and help fight off fungus. These foods contain omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which are important for the production of sebum. Moreover, they are also low in sugar.
Malnutrition acts as a provoker of many dermatoses, it causes disturbance of metabolic processes, contributes to the development of allergies. Normalize the skin condition with seborrheic dermatitis on the head helps the diet. Therefore, when forming a diet, it is necessary to completely exclude products that can affect its normal functioning.
What Will You Learn
Seborrheic dermatitis foods to avoid
First of all, these are allergen products, which cause negative reactions of the body. These include:
- all kinds of citrus fruits;
- honey and products containing it in the composition;
- when allergic to lactose – milk;
The state of the epithelium is adversely affected by an excessive amount of fast carbohydrates, the consumption of this food should be minimized:
- bakery products;
- White bread;
- semolina porridge is also excluded from the menu.
A small amount of consumption of products from durum wheat is allowed.
Fatty food with seborrhea also harms the body, provokes the production of sebum. And this applies not only to animal fats – restrictions apply to vegetable oil.
There can be no question of visiting a fast food cafe. Use:
- fast food;
- potato concentrates;
- smoked products.
Pickles and marinades also need to be removed from the diet. All this affects the quality of digestion, it damages the body.
Potential allergens include:
- red berries: raspberries and strawberries;
- bright fruits;
- starch based kiseli;
Therefore, if there is no allergy, consult a dermatologist: it is possible that a specialist will forbid eating this food. After all, with seborrheic dermatitis, especially atopic origin, the task of nutrition – to prevent the ingress of allergens into the body.
The diet should be agreed with a dermatologist. With a tight restriction in nutrition, a lack of useful components is formed, in this case, the food should include more fiber, fruits and vegetables. If required, the dermatologist will appoint a complex of vitamins and minerals.
Seborrheic dermatitis food to eat
What products are allowed in the menu:
- Fermented milk products are an integral part of the diet: yogurt, yogurt, ryazhenka, yogurts with lacto- and bifidobacteria content, fat-free cottage cheese.
- For normal operation of the body requires protein, including, and animal origin, so you can not refuse meat. It contains zinc, but for normal functions of the sebaceous glands it is necessary. Meat products should not be bold: a dietary rabbit will do. It is allowed to eat both by-products, poultry (in chicken and goose, peel is removed, turkey, game is great). Fish is better than the river no more often than 2 once a week. Eggs use only protein.
- From vegetables it is suitable: cabbage (color, savoy, broccoli). Squash and pumpkin, beets and carrots, greens.
- Useful fruit, allowed for the period of the diet – apricots and green apples, pears. From berries – currants and white cherries. Watermelons are also recommended: they excrete the slag.
- From cereals eat buckwheat, oatmeal and pearl barley. To obtain energy, it is good to germinate wheat grains.
- Vegetable oil is needed in a small volume, its composition is rich in saturated fatty acids, it contains vitamins A and E, which are priceless for a good skin condition. It is good for the diet to use olive oil, it is recommended and flax seed oil.
The right amount of water is essential for skin health. The body is composed of roughly 70% of water, which makes it one of the most important nutrients. Drinking the proper amount of water is essential for your body’s health. It helps promote cell exchanges, bowel regularity, and waste elimination. The right amount of water helps keep your body hydrated, which is important for treating seborrheic dermatitis. You can also consume plenty of water in herbal teas and other natural beverages.
Be sure to pay attention to the amount of liquid drunk: a day to consume it you need at least 2 liters. Requirements for water are also high: it must be cleaned, but it does not need to be boiled. Sometimes it is allowed to add lime or lemon juice. It is recommended to drink fresh natural juices, but they need to be diluted with water. Allowed compotes of dried fruits, green tea, you can prepare a decoction of wild rose berries.
At first people think that it is impossible to make strict dietary restrictions, but a little later, when the result is obvious and the acute symptoms of dermatitis go away, gradual addition of one product is allowed. It’s easier to find out what kind of food the body reacts to. If the manifestations of seborrhea became brighter: itching, flaking, rash on the head and face resumed – the product should be excluded from the diet completely, since it was he who caused the exacerbation.
When seborrheic dermatitis is manifested in an infant, the mother will also need a strict diet. After all, the state of the baby is completely dependent on its nutrition, so with the products the woman should be more careful doubly.
Some advices for seborrheic dermatitis diet
Rationally organized nutrition with seborrheic dermatitis includes the proper preparation of food, this also matters. After all, the treatment method can also cause harm:
- Fry food in the period of the disease can not: a significant amount of fat, which is used during its preparation, affects the condition of the sebaceous glands, the work of the liver, the entire gastrointestinal tract. Overcooked areas have carcinogenic properties.
- During the diet, the food is steamed. With this variant of cooking, the food retains its maximum benefit, and no harmful substances are released.
- It is good to boil fish and meat.
- When the food is baked in the oven, it is preferable to place it in foil or a special bag. This method not only positively affects the digestive tract, but also preserves the properties of the products.
- It is recommended to cook jelly from fruit and gulp from fish. To prepare these dishes, gelatin is used, and agar-agar can also be used. These substances also favorably affect the skin condition.
Healthy nutrition will reduce the burden on the liver, help to cope with the body with the disease.
Seborrheic dermatitis diet plan
Nutrition during the diet should be fractional and frequent, at least 5-6 once a day. Approximate menu for seborrheic dermatitis:
- curd fat-free – 200 g; it is bred with kefir or yoghurt;
- tea from herbs (with chamomile or melissa).
Breakfast 2 – an apple or a pear.
- 180-220 g fish boiled or meat;
- vegetables stewed on water (cabbage, zucchini);
- bread small slice.
A cup of yogurt is enough for a snack.
- you can eat a protein product up to 200 g with vegetables cooked in a steamer;
- cucumber salad with vegetable oil;
- allowed to drink tea, but not strong.
A strict restriction in the use of harmful products, together with drug treatment, will help to get rid of the symptoms of the disease. To ensure that the diet for seborrheic dermatitis worked more effectively, it is better to keep a diary of nutrition, where the products used will be noted. So it’s easier to track the allergen, this is especially important if the dermatosis is atopic.