Squats in the simulator in a lying position – the technique of the exercise:
- Adjust the height of the back of the machine.
- Sit in the simulator in such a way that the knees are bent, and the hips are parallel to the platform. Select the weight you want. Make sure that the knees do not go beyond the foot line. The angle between the thigh and the calves should be slightly less than 90 degrees. The back is pressed to the simulator, the head is raised. Shoulders rest against the supports.
- Grasp the arms of the simulator with your hands, put your feet on the platform on the width of your shoulders. Socks slightly unfolded outward. This will be your starting position.
- On exhalation, push the platform with the toes of the feet, lifting the trunk upward with the force of the quadriceps. Hold this position for a few seconds.
- Inhale slowly down. Do not take the original position, end the movement, when the hips will be parallel to the platform. Knees should be bent at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Carry out the necessary number of repetitions.
Attention: keep your back and head pressed to the bench during the whole exercise.
Variations: you can vary the distance between stops on the platform.