Special food is one of the best ways to conduct a “general cleaning” in the body, because together with food, not only nutrients enter it. The main goal of a slag-free diet is to remove harmful substances, unnecessary liquid and toxins from the body. Exclusion from the diet of certain products and, conversely, the use of others, allows improving the state of the gastrointestinal tract and digestion.
Most often, slag-free meals are adhered to before the various procedures in the clinic. This may be a preparation for a diagnostic examination or an operation in which it is necessary to naturally purge the intestines from stagnant masses.
What Will You Learn
Features of the diet in preparation for colonoscopy and surgery
Slag-free diet, which is prescribed before colonoscopy (the method of examination of the large intestine) and operation, has several important features. They must be observed for several days to optimally cleanse the intestines from accumulated gases and stagnant masses. Doctors recommend eating only natural and healthy foods with low caloric values.
In addition, the main requirement of a slag-free diet is the rejection of foods high in fiber. The fact is that such food is not able to be digested completely and leaves the slag. This can make it difficult to conduct colonoscopy and surgery. It is also worth noting that fiber increases fermentation and gas production.
- The easier food, the faster it will be absorbed by the stomach and the easier it will be to digest.
- The last meal should be done no later than 4 hours before bedtime.
- Before the colonoscopy, the diet excludes meat, fresh fruit and vegetables, which are allowed in small quantities with an ordinary slag-free program.
Especially important are the last day before surgery and colonoscopy. At this time in the diet, you should enter soup on a clear broth and broths, and from dinner it is worth noting. To maximally effectively clean the intestines, on the last day of the diet, you need to drink plenty of water and take the laxative drug prescribed by the doctor.
If you follow a slag-free diet for 7 days before the colonoscopy, this will help you get the most accurate results of the diagnostic procedure. Also, such nutrition will reduce the likelihood of complications after surgery.
In a slag-free diet can be present:
- Boiled vegetables;
- Karkade, chamomile or green tea;
- Lean meat – beef, veal, rabbit;
- Unrefined rice, buckwheat, sprouts of wheat and lentils;
- Fresh fruit in small quantities;
- Macaroni of solid varieties of wheat;
- Sour-milk products (fat content is not more than 2,5%);
- Seafood in small quantities (shrimp and squid);
- Low-fat varieties of river and sea fish.
Three menu options for a slag-free diet:
For breakfast: herbal tea, one pear;
For lunch: rice, boiled broccoli, fruit jelly;
On the snack: boiled beets;
For dinner: a slice of lean fish for a couple, kefir.
For breakfast: one apple, green tea;
For lunch: a piece of boiled beef, light vegetable soup, mineral water without gas;
For snack: pumpkin, baked with orange (without sugar);
For dinner: yoghurt, green tea.
For breakfast: boiled beet, green tea;
For lunch: fish for a couple, vegetable soup, compote;
On the snack: banana;
For dinner: buckwheat, a glass of yogurt.
As you can see, the menu of a slag-free diet is quite diverse. Nevertheless, there is an impressive list of products that must be excluded from their diet.
With a slag-free diet strictly prohibited:
- Fried, fatty and smoked foods;
- Soda and alcoholic beverages;
- Meat broth;
- Porridge, cooked on milk;
- Sausages and sausages;
- Sweets (chocolate, cakes, cakes, cookies), sugar and nuts;
- Fast food and semi-finished products;
- Sunflower seeds and legumes;
- Bakery products;
- Okroshka and borsch with cabbage;
- Meat with high content of fats – duck, goose, etc .;
- Fresh berries and greens;
- Dishes with marinades;
- Sauces, ketchup, mayonnaise and spices;
- Canned food;
- Black bread;
- Coffee and black tea;
- Animal oil, butter.
Pros and cons of a slag-free diet
The slag-free diet has the following advantages:
- Effective removal from the body of slags, salts, radicals and prevention of cellulite, which occurs due to the accumulation of toxins. If the hated “orange peel” has already appeared, then a special diet will help reduce its signs.
- Cleansing of fat deposits in vessels and cells.
- Loss of extra pounds (for 7 days you can lose 3 kilograms) and reduce swelling by getting rid of excess water.
However, this manifestation only indicates that the program is really working and the body has begun to thoroughly cleanse of harmful substances.
Another disadvantage of slag-free food is its inability to comply with people who lead an active lifestyle. The reason for this is the presence in the diet of only low-calorie food and, as a consequence, the inability to replenish the energy reserves. During the diet, it is not recommended to hold competitions and heavy workouts, limited only by walking and morning exercises. Otherwise, fainting, dizziness and exhaustion are possible.
Correctly observing the principles of a slag-free diet, a person feels such results as:
- Change in overall well-being, stamina increases, lightness and flush of vigor, improves memory and brain activity;
- Elimination of negative mental manifestations (depression, irritability, etc.);
- Increased immunity;
- The contours of the body become more slender;
- Improves the natural complexion, skin condition, and hair and nails become more healthy;
- Sleep becomes more calm;
- Improve the work of the gastrointestinal tract and other organs, since purification is carried out at the cellular level;
- Irritations and heartburn disappear.
More information on what you can eat before colonoscopy can be found in the following video:
Slag-free food is one of the most difficult. Difficulties can arise even at the stage of procurement. Most of the food has characteristics that contradict the very essence of a slag-free diet. During the cultivation of fruits and vegetables a variety of synthetic fertilizers are used, animals are fed with additives to accelerate growth, fruits are processed with wax for better storage.
You can not be completely sure that the purchased products do not contain synthetic substances and are 100% organic. However, to give up semifinished products, sausage and factory baking under the power of everyone. Already these little steps can change the condition of the whole organism for the better.
And for what period before the operation you need to start this diet? Like everything I read, but I did not notice it. When you need to start cleaning the body of toxins, if you know that the operation is permissible after a week or a month ?? Of course, in most cases a person does not know when it will overtake this event, but still ??
When I had an operation, I was on such a diet 2 weeks, the doctor said that this is enough. The first week I ate a lot of vegetables to get a large amount of coarse fiber (it is it that clears toxins from the intestines and removes excess cholesterol), limited fats (left only vegetable, ate avocados and no more than 1 teaspoons of vegetable oil a day, and then in salad), liters drank green tea to rinse the kidneys. But at 2 week, I was already on the easily digestible food, so as not to clog the intestines. Excluded all gas-producing (including cabbage, lentils, peas), ate a little protein (chicken meat and no more than 150 grams per day, or cottage cheese), and limited vegetables. We ate potatoes, rice, semolina porridge, buckwheat and oatmeal, all without oil and salt. And before the colonoscopy the same principle, light food, which will not cause constipation and gases, but you can start to keep the diet later, for 3-4 days before the examination.
Slacker diets here are given, I was hoping to find here something like abc, ad and similar diets From the summer I.
A good drug, most importantly – do not overdo it with a dosage, which seems to have been a couple of times.
Hey. I even did not know that there are such drugs for slimming, and it’s very good to make them in syrups, pills, tablets.
And women also 3-4 times a week doing exercises?