The sit-ups in Smith's car are the technique of doing the exercise:
- Install the boom in the racks at the required height. Select the weight you want. Stand under the neck and place it on your shoulders (just below the neck).
- Hold the neck with both hands. The palms are facing forward. Lift the bar from the pillars, pushing from the floor with your legs, while straightening your torso.
- Put your feet to the width of your shoulders, your socks slightly unfolded outward. The head is raised, the back is bent in the lower back. This will be your starting position.
- On exhalation, start slowly crouching with the barbell, bending your knees, continuing to hold your head up. Continue crouching until the angle between the thighs and calves is less than 90 degrees. Tip: When properly exercised, the knees should create an imaginary straight line with the toes of the feet and be perpendicular to the trunk line.
- On exhalation perform lifting, straightening legs, pushing away from the floor, returning to the starting position.
- Carry out the necessary number of repetitions.
Caution: make sure that the back is bent in the lower back during the whole exercise, otherwise you can injure your back. If you have doubts about the chosen weight, it is better to take less than a greater weight. You can use the straps for the wrists.
Variations: you can also perform this exercise using a small block, placed under the heel of your feet. This makes it possible to correctly perform the exercise for beginners or people with insufficient flexibility.