Squats with a bar with a wide setting of the feet – the technique of doing the exercise:
- For safety reasons, perform this exercise in the frame for squats. To begin with, adjust the racks so that the bar is slightly above your shoulders. Load the bar with the required weight. Stand under the neck and place it on the back of the shoulders (slightly below the neck).
- Take the neck with both hands and remove it from the racks, straining your legs and torso.
- Step away from the rack and put your feet at a distance wider than the width of your shoulders. Socks slightly unfolded outward. The head is raised, the back is straight and bent in the lower back. This will be your starting position.
- On inhalation, begin to crouch slowly, bending the knees and pulling the pelvis back. Keep holding your back. Continue down until the angle between the thighs and calves is slightly less than 90 degrees. Tip: If the exercise is performed correctly, the knees should create an imaginary straight line with the toes of the foot and be perpendicular to the trunk line.
- On exhalation perform lifting, straightening legs, pushing away from the floor, returning to the starting position.
- Carry out the necessary number of repetitions.
Attention: if you have problems with your back, replace this exercise with squats with dumbbells or alternatively press your feet in the simulator. Carefully ensure that the back is bent in the lower back during the whole exercise, otherwise you can injure your back. If you have doubts about the chosen weight, it is better to take less than a greater weight.
Variations: You can also do this exercise using a dumbbell, a Smith machine, or a belt with a weight attached to it. You can use a small block, put under the heel of your feet. This makes it possible to correctly perform the exercise for beginners or people with insufficient flexibility.