Squats with dumbbells using a bench – the technique of doing the exercise:
- Place a horizontal bench behind you. Stand straight, holding a dumbbell in each hand. The palms are facing inwards.
- Legs on the width of the shoulders, socks slightly unfolded outward. Keep your head raised during the whole exercise. The back is straight. This will be your starting position.
- On inhalation, begin to crouch slowly, bending the knees and pulling the pelvis back. Keep holding your back. Continue down until you touch the buttocks of the bench. Tip: When properly exercised, the knees should create an imaginary straight line with the toes of the feet and be perpendicular to the trunk line.
- On exhalation perform lifting, straightening legs, pushing away from the floor, returning to the starting position.
- Carry out the necessary number of repetitions.
Caution: make sure that the back is bent in the lower back during the whole exercise, otherwise you can injure your back. If you have doubts about the chosen weight, it is better to take less than a greater weight. You can use the straps for the wrists.
Variations: you can also perform this exercise using a small block, placed under the heel of your feet. This makes it possible to correctly perform the exercise for beginners or people with insufficient flexibility.