Squats with a bar – technique of the exercise:
- For safety reasons, perform this exercise in the frame for squats. To begin with, adjust the racks so that the bar is slightly above your shoulders. Load the bar with the required weight. Stand under the neck and place it on the back of the shoulders (slightly below the neck).
- Take the neck with both hands and remove it from the racks, straining your legs and torso.
- Stand away from the bar and put your feet to the width of your shoulders. Socks slightly unfolded outward. The head is raised, the back is straight and bent in the lower back. This will be your starting position.
- On inhalation, begin to crouch slowly, bending the knees and pulling the pelvis back. Keep holding your back. Continue down until the upper surface of the hip is lowered to the level of the knee joint. Tip: When properly exercised, the knees should create an imaginary straight line with the toes of the feet and be perpendicular to the trunk line.
- On exhalation perform lifting, straightening legs, pushing away from the floor, returning to the starting position.
- Carry out the necessary number of repetitions.
Attention: if you have problems with your back, replace this exercise with squats with dumbbells or alternatively press your feet in the simulator. Carefully ensure that the back is bent in the lower back during the whole exercise, otherwise you can injure your back. If you have doubts about the chosen weight, it is better to take less than a greater weight.
Variations: also you can perform this exercise using dumbbells.