Undoubtedly, deadlift rod Is the most effective basic exercise for increasing muscle mass and strength. As in squats with a barbell, the time of the deadlift is performed by almost all the muscles of our body, thanks to which such an amazing anabolic response is achieved. Nevertheless, despite the benefit of deadlift, not everyone loves this exercise because of fear of traumatizing the back. However, if the correct technique is followed, the deadlift will not only do no harm to your back, but will also speed recovery and improve your posture. How to make a deadlift and what muscles work in this exercise? Read more about this.
Deadlift with rod: what muscles work?
Almost all muscle groups work during the deadlift with the bar. Nevertheless, the main load falls on the quadriceps muscles of the thigh (quadriceps), biceps femoris, large gluteus muscles, extensors of the spine, trapezius and rhomboid muscles of the back. In addition, the deadlift perfectly loads the muscles of the abdominal and forearm. As you can see, almost all the muscles of our body work during the deadlift. That's why deadlift and squat with the barbell are the best exercises for increasing muscle mass and strength. It is possible to visually see what muscles work when carrying out the deadlift in the drawing.
How to do it properly. Technique for performing classical deadlift:
- Place the bar on the platform. Then go to the middle of the neck and put your feet at shoulder width or slightly narrower. Socks slightly unfold in the sides. The rod bar should be as close to your legs as possible.
- Bend in the lower back and pull the pelvis back, drop into the squat position. Grasp the bar of the bar with a grip slightly wider than the width of the shoulders. Take a deep breath and stretch all the muscles of the body.
- With the accentuated effort of the leg muscles, tear off the bar from the floor and lift to the level of the knees, while exhaling. Then pull the bar with the back muscles, until you fully straighten. At the top of the amplitude, take a short pause.
- Slowly lower the bar along the same trajectory along the body to the starting position, while taking a breath. Make the necessary number of repetitions and approaches.
Recommendations on how to properly make a deadlift:
- Before starting this exercise, remember to conduct a thorough warm-up to warm up and prepare all the muscles and joints for intensive work. It's right to do the pulling starting with light weights and gradually increase the weight on the rod.
- The wider the setting of the legs, the shorter the amplitude. Personally, I'm a supporter of the classical deadlift, when the legs are shoulder width or slightly narrower, the grip is average.
- Do not try to pull the weight with your hands, otherwise you risk injuring your bicep. Hold the bar on straight arms outstretched and pull only at the expense of the muscles of the legs, buttocks and back.
- Do not round your back while performing deadlift. If you can not keep your back flat, then the weight of the bar is too heavy for you. Drop some pancakes and continue to perform the exercise.
- When working with large weights, be sure to use an athletic belt to prevent injury to the waist. It is proved that the use of the belt not only reduces the risk of injury, but also increases the strengths by about 10%.
- Do it when you are fresh and full of energy. To work out the muscles well, it's enough 3-4 working approaches for 6-10 repetitions. When working on the power, I recommend performing 5 approaches on 3-5 repetitions.
- To maintain a lot of weight, use a wrist strap or a snatch.
Now you know how to do the right thrust with the barbell and what muscles work in performing this powerful exercise to increase muscle mass and strength.