Gastrointestinal bleeding is a bleeding from disease-damaged blood vessels into the cavity of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract. Syndrome of gastrointestinal bleeding occurs as a complication of a number of diseases and can develop in all parts of the gastrointestinal tract: in the esophagus, stomach, 12-peritoneum, thick and small intestine. This is a formidable syndrome, requiring emergency diagnosis and urgent medical measures. The occurrence of bleeding from the upper parts of the digestive tract is much higher (80-90% of cases) than from its lower divisions (10-20%, respectively). In this case, most of them account for gastric bleeding.
Nutrition after gastric bleeding, especially peptic etiology, plays a crucial role in the recovery of the patient and the treatment of the underlying disease. Until the final stop of bleeding, food and liquid intake is prohibited. With ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract complicated by hemorrhage, as a rule, the patient is prescribed hunger for 1-3 days. During this period, if there is evidence, parenteral nutrition (intravenous) can be used. For this, two / three-component nutrient mixtures are introduced, which provide full nutricidal support to the patient’s body.
Eating after stopping not excessive bleeding starts with liquid / semi-liquid food at room temperature in the volume of 250-400 ml / day in a tablespoon every 1,5-2 hours (mucous soup, milk, mucous homogenized porridges, cream, broth of wild rose, fruit juices). Also, it is possible to use specialized dietetic concentrates / baby food concentrates containing all the necessary high-quality food nutrients in the form of a well-ground mass.
The diet of the diet with gastric bleeding includes well-rubbed, easily assimilated food, taken in small fractions and is aimed primarily at reducing the excitability of the stomach, reducing the activity of the acid factor and stimulating the processes of mucosal regeneration.
Then the patients are transferred to physiologically Diets, containing a complete set of all food nutrients, corresponding to the norm of energy value. In this case, despite the expanded set of products, the diet is maintained. In a number of cases, firstly, an erased version of these diets may be prescribed, and after 2-3 months, with a good state of health, the use of unprocessed food with the addition of raw vegetables / fruits to the diet is allowed.
Such a stepwise expansion of the diet contributes to a good adaptation of the gastrointestinal tract to the transition to a common table. However, and at which it is recommended to limit very hot / cold, spicy, spicy, meals and alcohol, and also to monitor regular meals.
Nutrition after gastrointestinal bleeding includes the following foods:
- Soups with vegetable broth / potato broth with mashed cereals (buckwheat, semolina, oats, rice) and vegetables dressed with egg-milk mixture. Later in the soups added grated chicken meat.
- Meat steamed / boiled dishes (cutlets, soufflé, kneli, mashed potatoes, bitos, zrazy) from beef, low-fat pork, rabbit, chicken and turkey.
- Low-fat sea / river fish (boiled, steamed, baked) in chopped form
- Kashi (buckwheat, oatmeal, semolina), thin noodles, vermicelli cooked on milk or water, boiled to a semi-viscous state and, if necessary, wiped.
- Vegetables (cauliflower, potatoes, beets, carrots, young peas), boiled and dressed (mashed potatoes, soufflé). Orchard greens in small quantities.
- Stale / dried bread, low-fat cookies, dry biscuit.
- Dairy (fresh non-acidic curd, milk, cream, sour cream, non-acid kefir and yogurt), rough cheese in grated form, 2 chicken eggs soft-boiled or in the form of a steam omelet.
- From snacks – pate from the liver, lean herring, caviar of sturgeon, salad from boiled meat and boiled vegetables, jellied fish, lean ham.
- Sweet berries and fruits (baked and wiped) in the form of jelly, puree, kissels, compotes. As desserts – marshmallows, pastilles, milk jelly, meringues, honey, non-acidic preserves.
- From drinks – broth of a dogrose, juices from non-acid fruits, tea with milk / cream, herbal tea
- Cutlets, meatballs.