Mother Nature presented as a gift to mankind the richest plant world, the inhabitants of which it quickly adapted for its vital purposes.
Some people saved people from hunger, others treated for their ailments, others helped to become more beautiful.
But there are plants among them that are used everywhere: in cooking, in home cosmetology and in folk medicine.
A vivid example is the famous celery from the umbrella family.
Everything in it is wonderful
So you can say about this plant, because its composition includes components that are extremely necessary for the human body.
- a bouquet of vitamins (A, group B, C, E);
- collection from the periodic table – micro-, macroelements (K, Na, Fe, Ca, Mn, Mg, P, Zn and others);
- essential oil.
In its leaves the main stocks of ascorbic acid and carotene are concentrated.
Retinol (vitamin A) is in the stems, and in the roots – sugar and minerals (phosphorus, calcium, potassium and zinc).
If we consider celery from the point of view of dietology, then its rhizome contains:
Caloric content of 100 g rhizomes is approximately 8 kCal, and in leaves it is generally zero.
Such a useful vegetable
And he really is very useful.
A powerful vitamin group consisting of:
- A (retinol) – helps restore the skin and dental tissue and normal functioning of the digestive system;
- В2 (riboflavin), В3 (nicotinic acid) – actively participates in oxidation-reduction processes;
- В9 (folic acid) – stimulates the functioning of the circulatory and immune systems;
- C (ascorbic acid) – improves coagulability of blood, strengthens immunity.
The mineral components of celery are equally important for the body to work clearly and smoothly:
- iron is a part of hemoglobin, as well as protoplasm cells;
- calcium and phosphorus are necessary for the musculoskeletal system;
- Magnesium and potassium – for the cardiovascular system;
- zinc is a participant in the synthesis and cleavage of proteins;
- manganese promotes the full absorption of vitamins.
All these useful properties of a remarkable plant are widely used in folk medicine.
Here is the recipe for one popular cocktail:
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed celery root;
- the same amount of juice from the leaves of the young nettle;
- 1 dessert spoon of honey;
- 0,5 glass of mineral water without gas.
This elixir of health needs to be taken in the mornings, a week course will be enough to feel a powerful surge of vivacity, as well as "raskochegarit" even the most lazy immunity.
The leaves of this plant, too, can be found worthy use for medicinal purposes.
If you grind them in a blender and mix in equal parts with melted butter, you will get an ointment with which you will quickly heal wounds, sores and ulcers.
Welcome guest on the dining table
Culinary specialists around the world have long appreciated the taste of celery.
- French chefs make a casserole from this vegetable, pouring it with Bechamel sauce, cook jelly for his famous foie gras;
- Italians use it in recipes of vegetable risotto;
- Spaniards prepare tomato soup with celery;
- The Israelis add its root to the stew with sauerkraut meat;
- Korean chefs use it when they cook rice with vegetables.
In our country this miracle plant also enjoys well-deserved popularity and is not only an integral part of seasonings of various dishes, but also acts as a full-fledged vegetable.
An example is a simple salad in which a finely chopped celery root is mixed with cut apples and poured with French sauce.
Another, more refined option:
- 200 grams of raw meat;
- 150 grams of semi-solid cheese;
- 1 average apple;
- 3 celery;
- sauce (3 spoons of honey, 1 spoonful of extra virgin olive oil, 2 a spoonful of ready-made mustard).
Cheese and meat are sliced, stalks of celery and apple shredded with thin straws.
Try baking a fish hake in the oven, in this article, you'll learn how to do it right, fast and delicious.
Strongly recommend, read here: http: //notefood.ru/retsepty-blyud/salaty-i-zakuski/receptu-prigotovleniya-forshmaka-iz-seledki.html, about such a forgotten snack as forshmak, how to cook in the Hebrew and not only .
In the middle of the dish lay an apple-celery stew, framed with meat and cheese slices.
Then everything is poured with sauce and decorated with greens.
This snack can be put even on the festive table.
However, celery has both useful properties and contraindications.
It should not be eaten with the following diseases:
Pregnant women and nursing mothers should not be addicted to this vegetable.
So sometimes called celery.
The reason is that many celebrities use it in huge quantities, even in raw form.
Eat stems and leaves, in the morning they drink freshly squeezed juice from the roots.
It is believed that it has a powerful rejuvenating effect.
For the care of the face skin, rhizomes of this plant are used in formulations of masks, scrubs, peelings.
Here is a popular scrub recipe for cleaning problem skin:
- by 1 a small dried root of celery and ginger;
- 5 twigs of cilantro;
- 1 nutmeg;
- 1 st. a spoonful of honey;
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon.
Dry ingredients must first be ground in a coffee grinder.
In 1 a tablespoon of this powder add cinnamon, honey, mix everything thoroughly.
The resulting mass is rubbed into the skin of the face, hold a maximum of 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Repeat the procedure for a week, then take a break for a month.
After the infusion has cooled, it is necessary to strain it and daily to wipe the skin with the tonic for its deep cleaning.
The energy value of this vegetable is a record low, so nutritionists attribute it to products with a minimum calorie content.
However, they also warn against the delusion that in combination with celery it is possible to absorb in any quantity the most unpleasant food, down to chips, sweets, fast foods.
This is far from the case, and it will not be a miracle-vegetable "to take away" calorie surpluses.
But the fasting days with celery are very well arranged.
To do this, you need to compose something like this:
- Breakfast: kefir with honey, 1 st. a spoon of juice from the root of celery, 2 dry biscuits;
- Lunch: oatmeal porridge, salad (celery in combination with any vegetables) with olive oil, a slice of whole-grain bread;
- Afternoon snack: 1 apple;
- Dinner: 200 grams of fish baked with celery, herbs and lemon, salad.
You can unload this way once a week, and the effect will be remarkable.
In all respects, this is a plant.
If you use it moderately, taking into account the characteristics of your body, then the benefit of this vegetable will bring simply invaluable.
One nuance: you can store it maximum 3 days in a paper bag in the refrigerator.
In this video, you will have the opportunity to see how celery is so useful for us, how it is used and stored.