The therapeutic diet for esophagitis is indicated for inflammation of the esophagus, as well as for the prevention of the disease. The first signs of esophagitis – the appearance of heartburn after eating, in some cases accompanied by hiccough; a feeling of discomfort during swallowing; vomiting reflex; feeling like pressure in the upper part of the stomach. The next stage is characterized by such symptoms as pain in the chest region in the supine position, the development of cough during sleep. If the disease is in a neglected state, then to all the above signs, weakness and an increase in body temperature are added.
If the disease is not treated in a timely manner, serious problems and complications will arise. Complications can be:
- open bleeding;
- shortening of the esophagus;
- scar formation;
- development of peritonitis;
- narrowing of the lumen.
How to eat with esophagitis
In order to overcome this disease, it is not enough simply to take the medicines prescribed by the attending physician. It is important and necessary to adhere to proper nutrition, special diet. The food should be a fraction. Portions should not be large.
Need to eat often, but little by little. The last meal should be no later than an hour and a half before bedtime.
Too hot food can irritate the esophagus, so food should be warm. Drinks should also be no higher than room temperature. During the period of therapy, it is recommended to refuse tobacco and alcoholic beverages. If the rejection of bad habits is difficult, then at least try to reduce smoking and alcohol to a minimum. All food should be cooked or cooked for a couple. Ready meals should be recycled without fail. The amount of salt must be minimized. If so, then a ready-made dish. Strictly forbidden are the following products:
You can not use these products in any case, as they provoke the production of gastric juice. In addition, from the diet of a sick person, fresh bread should be ruled out, puffs can be left, but they are not recommended often. From fatty, salted fish, cheeses, canned food, non-dietary meat products and chicken, fermented milk products should be categorically discarded. The first dishes that need to be excluded from the patient’s table:
It is also necessary to exclude cereals (wheat, barley, corn, pearl), eggs (fried and hard boiled).
Tomatoes should be eaten in limited quantities; From the menu during the diet, beans, radish, cabbage, onions, sorrel and spinach are excluded.
What you can eat with erosive esophagitis
Despite the presence of a ban on many products, the dietary table for this disease is balanced and diverse. The diet includes the necessary number of proteins, fats, carbohydrates and useful elements. The daily calorie content should be approximately 2700-3000 kilocalories. The following products are allowed:
- Bread is only dry or left over from yesterday. Maria’s cookies and biscuit can be taken occasionally. Pies with boiled, grinded meat, unhealthy bakery products, baked pies with lean fish, apple or jam no more than once in seven days.
- Soups that are prepared on vegetable broths: ground, soups, puree with lean chicken or lean beef. Ready soup should be seasoned with cream 10% or sour cream. You can add a little flour to the prepared dish.
- Milk soup, in which you can add fried vegetables or berries. As a basis for soup, you can take semolina or rice, oat flakes.
- Chicken meat or other lean meat should be pre-cleaned of surpluses. Meat dishes must be cooked in a double boiler or cooked. After cooking, the meat should be grinded. From offal, you can take the tongue and liver. Cooking meat and offal can be in the oven, the main thing is not to add any oils and do not re-salivate. Frying is strictly prohibited.
- From fish is excellent for diet food herring, previously soaked in milk, caviar of sturgeon and any nonfat fish, baked or cooked on steam. From fish you can make cutlets or cook it in a whole piece.
- From dairy products it is better to give preference to dairy products, but not sour. Cottage cheese can be low-fat. Kefir is not sour. Cheeses can only be salty and not sharp. Low-fat cream perfectly diversify the diet.
- Garnish from buckwheat, semolina, rice and oatmeal is ideal as a side dish. Porridge can be boiled on water or on milk. As a side dish, you can use boiled pasta.
- From vegetables in the menu you can include dairy squash, pumpkin, carrots, potatoes, beets, peas. In a small amount you can eat greens or non-acidic tomatoes. All the allowed vegetables should be cooked in a double boiler, after which it is necessary to grind.
- From sweets you can use honey, sugar, pastilles and marshmallows, jam, mousses and jellies.
- From sauces you can sauce bechamel, sweet sauce based on fruits and berries, creamy sauce with fruits.
- From the seasonings, cinnamon or vanillin is allowed.
- From drinks you can use light tea with the addition of milk or cream, broths, sweet compotes and juices. In a small amount and infrequently, the use of cocoa is possible.
- Doctors recommend to introduce in the diet unsalted butter, high-melted milk and refined oil. On oil it is not necessary to prepare, it should be added to ready dishes as seasoning.
All the variety of allowed products allows you to make an interesting and varied menu. When preparing meals, all the recommendations of the treating doctor should be strictly observed. For example, at the beginning of the treatment, fried food is preferable.
Diet at the first stage of the disease and diet after the onset of positive dynamics
The diet for the day in the first stage of erosive esophagitis looks like this:
- The first meal: rubbed porridge of rice, cooked on milk, tea with cream, uncut egg.
- The second meal: an apple baked with sugar and cinnamon.
- Lunch time: soup, wiped from oatmeal cooked in milk, carrot puree, steamed meat steaks from lean meat, fruit mousse.
- Afternoon snack: a decoction of rose hips, a few crackers.
- Supper: mashed potatoes with boiled fish, tea with milk.
- Before going to bed: a glass of warm milk.
The diet for a day with the onset of improvement can be as follows:
- The first meal: friable porridge from buckwheat groats; egg; tea with the addition of milk.
- The second meal: a decoction of the hips and not sour cottage cheese.
- Lunch time: potato soup; meat, boiled and baked in the oven under sauce; carrot mousse; compote.
- Afternoon snack: a decoction of bran and a few crackers.
- Dinner: puree of apples and carrots; low-fat fish with sauce; tea with cream.
- Before going to bed: a glass of melted milk.
At a later stage of treatment, it is possible to diversify the methods of preparation and there are already not only grinded blades. However, the period when it is already possible to include in the diet friable porridge, should appoint only a doctor.