The rules for a Low Carb diet
Low-carbohydrate diet is one of the most popular among those who want to lose weight, especially lovers of meat, fish and dairy products. There are many varieties of low-carbohydrate diets, for example, Atkins or Dukan, but they all contribute to effective weight loss due to the basic principle – increasing the intake of protein in the diet, so that the body rapidly burns subcutaneous fat while retaining muscle mass.
Principles of nutrition with a low-carb diet
Low-carbohydrate diet is a method of losing weight, which involves increasing the consumption of animal proteins (meat, fish, low-fat dairy and fermented milk products) and reducing carbohydrates (including vegetables, cereals and fruits). According to a low-carbohydrate diet, a shortage of carbohydrates, the main source of energy, leads to the consumption of stored fat, which contributes to effective weight loss. For a week on a low-carb diet you can lose weight by 5-7 kg, depending on the initial weight.
Daily intake of carbohydrates (in conventional units according to the table of low-carbohydrate diet):
- up to 40 – provides relief from excess weight;
- up to 60 – keeping your weight;
- over 60 – leads to a set of body weight.
For low-carb diet: 1 у.е. = 1 grams of carbohydrates
Thus, the main principle of nutrition for low-carbohydrate diet is to reduce carbohydrate intake to 40 cu in a day. Eat during a low-carbohydrate diet should often 4-5 once a day, but in small portions (200-250 gr). The last meal should be no later than 3 hours before bedtime.
For effective weight loss it is recommended to observe a low-carbohydrate diet with 40 carbohydrate у.е. 14 days, no more than once a year. To maintain your weight in the norm you can use the principles of low-carb diet for an unlimited amount of time, allowing in your diet to 60 carbohydrate у.е.
Prohibited foods with a low-carb diet:
- Bread and bakery products;
- Flour products and pastries;
- Starchy vegetables (potatoes, cauliflower, squash, corn);
- Sweet fruits and berries (bananas, grapes, mango, melon);
- Sugar, honey and any sweeteners;
- Alcoholic and carbonated drinks.
To effectively lose weight on a low-carbohydrate diet, it is recommended to reduce to a minimum the consumption of seasonings and spices provoking an increase in appetite, and also salt, which promotes fluid retention in the body, which can lead to swelling, accumulation of toxins and toxins.
Disadvantages of a low-carb diet:
- Disturbance of the kidneys;
- Increased cholesterol in the blood;
- Excessive deposition in the joints of uric acid;
- Disruption of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Calcium deficiency.
In order to minimize possible risks while observing a low-carb diet, you need to drink at least 1,5-2,5 liters of liquid per day, preferably purified water without gas, but you can have broths, loose teas and tinctures, but without sugar and syrups. It is also recommended during the low-carb diet to take vitamin-mineral complexes to enrich the body with all the necessary trace elements.
Low-carbohydrate diet – contraindications:
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Children, adolescents and the elderly;
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Chronic diseases in the acute stage;
Low-carb diet – table of products:
According to the rules of low-carbohydrate diet, you need to make a menu for weight loss based on the data of the table by the number of cu. products. To effectively get rid of excess weight, on a low-carbohydrate diet, the amount of carbohydrate eU consumed per day should not exceed 40.
Menu for the week
Low-carbohydrate diet – menu for a week (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner):
- Omelette with champignons. 1 tomato;
- Cream of chicken soup and mushrooms. 2 dietary loaf;
- Roast beef.
- Stitched nails with curd and raisins;
- An ear with pieces of fish. 2 dietary loaf;
- Green apple;
- Beef steak with spinach.
- Cheesecakes with sour cream;
- Buckwheat porridge 100 gr. Chicken schnitzel 150 gr .;
- Cottage cheese pudding;
- Cheese soup with chicken. 2 dietary loaf;
- Rice 100 gr. Cutlets from beef for a couple of 150 gr. 2 cucumber.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs. Cheese;
- Fish in sour cream sauce;
- Mashed potatoes. Chicken Rolls. 2 the tomato.
- Cottage cheese, dressed with natural yoghurt;
- Veal steaks for a couple of 200 gr. 1 cucumber;
- 2 tangerine;
- Seafood 180 gr. Rocket salad 200 gr.
- Omelette with steamed and ham;
- Turkey roasted with broccoli 200 gr;
- 1 cup of yogurt 1%;
- Rabbit stewed with vegetables (onions, carrots, tomatoes) 200 gr.
When observing a low-carbohydrate diet, one should not forget about the drinking regime. With the breakdown of fats during weight loss on a low-carbohydrate diet, ketone bodies are formed, which have a negative effect on the body in case of a deficiency of fluid. Every day you should drink 1,5-2 liters of clean water without gas. Broths from grasses, not strong tea are shown, but without sugar and additives.
Recipes for a low-carb diet:
Pincers with cottage cheese
- Beat on the blender milk, 4 eggs and flour until smooth. Give the test "to rest" 10 minutes.
- Fry the pans in a pan with non-stick coating without oil.
- Prepare the filling: in cottage cheese add 1 egg, raisins and sugar, mix thoroughly.
- On ready-made pancakes to lay out the filling of cottage cheese, wrap in the preferred form.
You can serve pancakes with cottage cheese with sour cream for breakfast while observing a low-carb diet.
Cheese soup with chicken
- Boil the chicken fillet until cooked. Remove from the pan, allow to cool and disassemble into small pieces.
- In the remaining hot broth, chop the melted cheese into small pieces, cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is completely dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Put the meat of a bird in a bowl, pour a cheese broth, decorate with chopped herbs to taste.
A fragrant and spicy cheese soup with chicken can be included in the menu of low-carb diets for lunch.
- Wash beef, cut into pieces, put in a saucepan, add water.
- Onions and carrots peel, add whole into a saucepan to the meat.
- Salt, add to the pan bay leaf and pepper in peas.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 hours.
- Gelatine diluted with water (in proportion to 1 l water 30 gr gelatin), pour into a pan with meat, mix thoroughly.
- Let the chill cool down a little, and then strain the broth through gauze and pour over the plates.
Send the plates with the chill in the fridge overnight until completely congealed.
Cooking chill can also be using pork legs instead of gelatin for natural freezing of dishes, which according to the table of low-carbohydrate diet are equal to 0 cu Delicious and hearty chill you can eat at the festive table, without violating the rules of low-carb diets.
- Wash the mushrooms, cut into slices, fry in a frying pan with vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Pour the milk into the mushrooms, reduce the heat, burn for 3-4 minutes.
- Eggs beat up on a blender, add to mushrooms, salt, pepper, mix.
- Fry the frying pan and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
An omelet with champignons will diversify your breakfast with a low-carb diet.
Fish in sour cream sauce
- Fish to taste (hake, pike, pollock, cod);
- Sour cream 10% 500 ml;
- Hard cheese 50 gr;
- Vegetable oil 2 st. spoons;
- Flour 2 st. spoons;
- Remove fish from scales, guts and gills, rinse under running water, cut into medium pieces, roll in flour.
- Fry the fish on a frying pan heated to oil until golden.
- In a separate frying pan fry the chopped mushrooms.
- Put the fish and mushrooms in a roasting dish, add sour cream, salt, pepper.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese on top of the grater.
- Bake in a preheated 180 oven for 15-20 minutes.
Pamper yourself with tender fish in sour cream sauce while observing a low-carb diet.
Low-carb diet for diabetes type 2
The cause of diabetes mellitus 2 type is obesity. In order to get rid of excess weight and reduce blood sugar in diabetes mellitus 2 type shows a low-carbohydrate diet. If, with a balanced diet, fluctuations in blood sugar are observed in a greater or lesser degree, then with a low-carb diet, its level drops to normal and is retained for a long time at this elevation. Due to low-carbohydrate diet, people suffering from diabetes mellitus 2 type have all the chances to completely abandon insulin injections.
It is important to know that the heat treatment of products (cooking, stewing, baking) increases the glycemic index of foods, and therefore it is recommended to eat vegetables in raw form while observing a low-carb diet with diabetes mellitus 2 type. The shown norm of complex carbohydrates (cereals, vegetables, fruits) with a low-carbohydrate diet for people suffering from diabetes mellitus 2 type = 150 gr.
Low carbohydrate diet for diabetes type 2 – menu for a week (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner):
- Omelet for a couple of 2 eggs;
- Mushroom soup. Boiled chicken fillet;
- Green apple;
- Roast beef from beef. Seaweed 100 gr.
- Oatmeal 150 gr. 1 cup of yogurt 1%;
- Pike ear with fish pieces. 2 dietary loaf;
- Cutlets from veal for a couple. Braised string bean 100 gr.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs. Cheese of a firm grade;
- Chicken cream soup with pieces of poultry meat. 2 dietary loaf;
- Beef meatballs. Eggplant puree 100 gr.
- Cottage cheese, seasoned with unsweetened yogurt;
- Boiled turkey fillet. Salad from white cabbage;
- 1 cup of yogurt 1%;
- Fish for a couple with greens.
- Omelette with champignons. 1 tomato;
- Bouillon. Steak from beef steamed. Salad from grated carrots;
- A glass of fermented baked milk;
- Carp baked with spinach.
- Cheese pancakes with lean sour cream;
- Braised rabbit. Salad from grated beets;
- Cutlets from beef steamed. Puree with beans with onions.
- Cottage cheese casserole;
- Bouillon. Veal meatballs steamed. 2 dietary loaf;
- Natural yoghurt;
- Seafood. Salad from 1 cucumber and 1 tomato.
Observing a low carbohydrate diet with diabetes mellitus 2 type, weight loss and lowering of blood sugar to normal, as well as normalization of arterial pressure, reduction of joint pain, improvement of the gastrointestinal tract, reduction of allergic reactions are observed.