Thrust on the lower block – technique of the exercise:
- To perform this exercise, you will need the cable of the lower block with the V-shaped handle attached to it. The shape of the handle allows you to use a neutral grip (palms facing each other). Sit in the simulator, rest with your feet in the stand, slightly bend your knees.
- Stroke the lower back and take the handle.
- Pull your arms forward, bend back until the trunk is perpendicular to the legs. The chest is forward, the back is straight, the waist is bent. You should feel tension in the latissimus muscle of your back when you hold the handle in front of you. This will be your starting position.
- Holding the torso motionless, on exhalation pull the handle on yourself until the hands touch the abdominal press. Tighten the back muscles and stay in this position for a few seconds. On inhalation, slowly return the handle to its original position.
- Carry out the necessary number of repetitions.
Caution: Avoid jerks and sudden movements of the trunk forward or backward, otherwise you may injure your back.
Variations: To perform this exercise, you can also use a straight handle. Also, you can perform the exercise perforated (palms facing down) or with a supine grip (palms facing up).