Thrust rod in slope with back grip – technique of doing the exercise:
- Take the barb with a grin (the palms facing upwards).
- Slightly bend your knees and lean forward, as shown. Keep your back straight. My head is up. The bar of the bar should be in front of you, in arms stretched perpendicular to the trunk and floor. This will be your starting position.
- Keep the body motionless, on exhalation, pull the bar to yourself, bending your arms in the elbows. Keep your elbows close to your body, weight should be held by your forearms. At the end of the movement, strain the back muscles and stay in this position for a few seconds.
- On inhalation slowly lower the stem to its original position.
- Carry out the necessary number of repetitions.
Attention: refrain from performing this exercise if you have problems with back or waist. Carefully ensure that the back is bent in the lower back during the whole exercise, otherwise you can injure your back. If you have doubts about the chosen weight, it is better to take less than a greater weight.
Variations: You can also perform this exercise using a grasped grip (palms facing down) or using dumbbells.