Thrust rod to chin belongs to the basic exercises on the shoulders, as when performing this movement, the shoulder and elbow joints work. There are several options for how to draw rod rod to the chin. Exercise can be performed with either a straight or curved ez-neck. Sometimes craving for a chin is done in Smith's car. Depending on the width of the grip, the load may shift to the front or rear of the deltoids. Today we will discuss in detail the technique and features of this movement.
Thrust of the bar to the chin: the muscles involved
Many people are interested in what muscles work in this exercise. So, with proper exercise on the shoulders of rod pull to the chin, the bulk of the load falls on the muscles of the shoulders, namely their back. Trapeziums and biceps hands act as muscle assistants. Changing the width of the grip allows you to shift the focus of the load to different parts of the deltas. The wider the grip, the more the rear deltas are included. Conversely, the narrower the grip, the more emphasis the load shifts on the front of the deltoids and the trapezoid muscles.
The technique of pulling the rod to the chin:
- Take the barbell barb with a wide or medium straight grip from the top with both hands and take the starting position: the bar is held in the lowered arms, the legs are shoulder-width apart, the back is even, the shoulder blades are folded, the chest is forward.
- With an accentuated effort of the deltoid muscles, pull the bar along the torso to the level of the chest (wide grip) or chin (narrow or medium grip), while exhaling. Shoulders do not lift, it's not shagi with a bar.
- Having reached the upper point of the amplitude, fix the position to increase the peak tension in the deltoid muscles. Then, smoothly, along the same trajectory, lower the bar to the initial position, while taking a breath. Make the necessary number of repetitions and approaches.
When to draw cravings for the chin?
As a rule, the draft of the bar to the chin is performed on the day of training the shoulders with the second number after the bar press or standing dumbbells (sitting). To additionally accentuate the rear beam of deltas, after the draft to the chin I recommend adding another isolating exercise for the posterior delta.
- After a general warm-up and warm-up of the shoulder joints, make an 1-2 warm-up approach with a light weight to feel the target muscles and gradually prepare them for working weights.
- Perform the exercise at a slow pace, without jerks and sudden movements, concentrating on the work of deltas.
- Pull the bar of the bar to the chest, so that it is as close to the body as possible. If you are uncomfortable doing this exercise with a barbell, try replacing it with dumbbells.
- Carry out a pull to the chin with such weight, from which you can perform as a minus 10 quality repetitions. The greater the weight, the more the assisted muscles will be included in the work, taking the load from the deltoids.
- If it seems to you that you are pulling the bar mainly by the effort of the arm muscles, rather than the shoulders, try closing your eyes so that nothing distracts you, and concentrate on the work of the target muscles – the rear beams of the deltas.
- If you feel a pain in your wrist when pulling your chin, take the barbell with a wide grip or try this exercise with a curved neck or dumbbells.
- In the event of pain and discomfort in the shoulder joint, it is worth repeating this movement, replacing it with a similar exercise for the posterior deltas.
How can I replace rod rod with chin?
First, before replacing the rod rod with the chin, first try pulling dumbbells or dumbbells to the chin. Also, to remove pain in the wrists and shoulder joints, a wide grip can be used. If this option is also not suitable for some reason, then the pull to the chin can be replaced by one of the following exercises for the rear deltas:
- horizontal pull-ups;
- mahi dumbbells in the sides in the slope;
- backward dilution in the simulator;
- draft dumbbell in the slope (elbow is set aside).