Twisting on the fitball – technique of the exercise:
- Lie on the fitball in such a way that the bend of the waist was pressed against the surface of the ball. The legs are bent at the knees and rest against the floor. The upper part of the trunk does not rest on the ball. Hands along the trunk or crossed on the chest. This position of the hands allows you to avoid overloading the muscles of the neck, which can be if you hold your hands on the back of your neck.
- Lower the upper part of the trunk, keeping the neck still, until you feel the stretching in the muscles of the abdominal press. This will be your starting position.
- Without moving the hips, using the muscles of the press, stretch your shoulders forward, performing twisting, until you feel a strong tension and compression of the muscles of the press. The waist should remain pressed to the ball. Twisting is performed on exhalation. After completing it, take a short pause and stay in this position.
- On inhalation, return to the starting position.
- Carry out the necessary number of repetitions.
Attention: the movements must be slow and smooth, since the exercise requires the acquisition of a knack for its correct execution. Do not rush and use at the beginning additional burdening. Learn to balance on the ball using your hands. If at first it turns out to be a difficult task for you, use the help of a partner or put each leg under a heavy dumbbell (at least 50 kg). As you gain experience, you can use additional weights as a dumbbell or pancake. In any case, do not rush to increase burdening, excessive weight can cause a hernia.
Variations: you can perform this exercise by using as a burden a rope on the lower block, which should be located behind you.
I pump the press regularly and have already read a lot of information on this topic. Tell me please how much minimum time will be required with the correct technique of execution and "Proper nutrition" will be visible cubes) ?! Thank you!
Artem! If you started eating properly and doing the exercises with the right technique (when asked your question), now you should have an enviable relief press.
Hello. How can I replace this exercise with another, since there is no fitball?
You can choose any of the twists. The difference between them is minimal.
And what is the peculiarity of this exercise? (fitball bought specifically for this exercise)
This exercise is a little more effective. This is due to the fact that it does not involve the muscles of the legs (as, for example, when twisting on the floor) and the muscles of the press perform more work. Plus, to stabilize the body on the ball, additional muscles of the cortex are involved.