Watermelon diet is one of the most effective ways to get rid of extra pounds. Here, you can lose 10 kg per week. And this is not the limit. This diet also helps to cleanse the organism. Useful properties of watermelon will saturate your body with vitamins and microelements, which are so helpful for health
Is watermelon good for diet?
Almost everyone knows about the useful properties of watermelons. It is prescribed for pregnancy, with puffiness and various kidney disorders, used to remove salts and toxins. Also, this berry contains minerals and vitamins, which are quickly absorbed by the body.
Benefits for the body:
- Excellent diuretic effect. It is used by doctors to remove slags and excess water. It is proved that a large percentage of excess weight is the accumulation of fluid.
- This diet is beneficial for cancer, skin and blood diseases (psoriasis, diabetes) due to cleansing properties. Normalizes not only the metabolism but also the work of the endocrine system. Harmful compounds are removed from the body, including the residue of drugs.
- Watermelon saturates the body with magnesium and potassium, which are excellent natural antidepressants.
- It tightens the skin, improves the color of the epidermis and significantly increases the efficiency.
- Also, potassium strengthens the vessels, which is very useful for various cardiovascular diseases (dystonia, thrombosis, varicose, etc.).
- Berry can reduce the feeling of hunger
Watermelon is good for the diet. Because it contains:
- Pectin fibers. They help to reduce appetite and eliminate excess fluid from fat cells.
- It improves peristalsis of intestines and helps to burn unwanted calories.
The content of vitamins and minerals (per 100 grams)
|Vitamins||Macro- and microelements|
|РР – 0,2 mg.
А – 17 mkg.
Beta-carotene – 0,1 mg.
В1 – 0,4 mg.
В2 – 0,06 mg.
В6 – 0,9 mg.
Folic acid – 8 mkg.
С – 7 mg.
Е – 7 mg.
|Calcium – 14 mg.
Magnesium – 12 mg.
Sodium – 16 mg.
Potassium – 110 mg.
Phosphorus – 7 mg.
Iron – 1 mg.
Is watermelon bad for a diet?
Before starting a diet, necessarily consult a doctor.
Watermelon bad for diet, if you have:
- kidney disease;
- third-trimester pregnancy;
- diseases of the genitourinary system.
It has one significant disadvantage – it is nitrates, which are used in the cultivation of watermelons. If you to eat only this berry the whole week, there is a high probability of infection of the body with toxins. As a result, you have worse the metabolism and cause intestinal disorders and stomach pain. Therefore, dieting should be done with caution.
Watermelon diet plan
The basis of the diet is the consumption of a large amount of pulp of watermelon. Other products make up a small fraction. But they should also be eaten with caution.
All watermelon diet plans not only promotes weight loss but also saturates the body with vitamins and beneficial substances.
3-day watermelon diet
We offer you a menu for three days (meals can be changed in places for a change).
- First breakfast: 3 slices of watermelon medium size, black bread (1 slice), protein – for example, 100 gr low-fat cottage cheese or chicken breast.
- Second breakfast: 2 slices of watermelon.
- Snack: 3 large slices of watermelon, carbohydrates – for example, cereals.
- Dinner: 2 slices of watermelon, vegetables (with a small content of starch) with garnish (for example, rice porridge).
As for dinner, it should consist of solid food. Preferably, protein – for example, low-fat meat, chicken eggs, etc.
List of foods by watermelon diet for 3 days
|You can eat||Avoid|
|Water, green tea, juices (apple, grape, pear).||Alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee, milk.|
|Some apples or other non-high-calorie fruit.||Fatty meat, dairy products with high-fat content.|
|Rye bread, bread from bran||Bread from white flour, sweet, fatty, salty.|
Exit from the watermelon diet involves a gradual increase in daily calorie intake. Gradually introduce into the eating plan of solid foods, while reducing to eat of watermelon flesh. As an aid, you can eat cellulose, which you can buy at any pharmacy. It will help the normal functioning of the intestine.
Watermelon diet for 7 days
Menu for 7 days (Watermelon can be eaten as much as you like, so it is not in the table):
- Breakfast – Mineral water with honey, bread
- Lunch – A piece of cheese, bread
- Dinner – 1 slice of rye bread, water
- Breakfast – Leaf of lettuce, water with juice
- Lunch – Salad of leaves, green tea
- Dinner – Juice
- Breakfast – Honey, tea
- Lunch – Lettuce
- Dinner – Green tea, bran
- Breakfast – Apple, mineral water
- Lunch – Chicken
- Dinner – Salad
- Breakfast – Cheese slice, tea with honey
- Lunch – Juice (apple, pear)
- Dinner – Bread
- Breakfast – Water with honey, cheese
- Lunch – Salad, chicken fillet
- Dinner – Boiled fish
- Breakfast – Green tea with honey, toast with cheese
- Lunch – Juice, salad, soup
- Dinner – Chicken fillet, salad
In any recipe allowed to add little seasonings (except salt), since the 7-day watermelon diet does not contain salt. Please note that in recent days you should try to eat the usual, but dietary foods. Do not overeat; otherwise, the stomach will have an unpleasant weight. Drink a day at least 2 liters of mineral water (not counting green tea and juices). At this time, it is not recommended to take pills or other medications. Repeat this dieting can be no more than once a month.
If you are allergic to honey, you need to replace it with fructose. This is necessary to ensure that the brain does not suffer from a lack of glucose. This is especially necessary for mental work or during the study. Sugar with these purposes is strictly prohibited.
Despite the low-calorie content of watermelon, eat it better not later than 2-4 hours before going to bed. This recommendation is due to diuretic properties, which may simply not allow you to fall asleep.
Watermelon only diet
The maximum duration of a mono-diet should not exceed 5 days.
With a watermelon mono diet, you should eat 1 kg of the pulp of watermelon for 10 kg of body weight. In other words, if you weigh 70 kg, then you must eat 7 kg of watermelon a day.
Watermelon should be divided into a 5-6 part of meals and consumed throughout the day. You can drink only if you want, and in limited quantities, since watermelon consists of 98% water. If you want to eat, you can eat 50 grams of cheese and three slices of black rye bread for the whole day.
It is not advisable to use this meal plan more than once a month.
After the end of the watermelon only diet, it is necessary to continue eating watermelon for 10 days.
For breakfast and lunch, the following dishes are suitable: unsweetened porridge on the water (you can use oatmeal), vegetable salad (just do not use the fatty dressing), lean meat of fish, poultry, cheese in small quantities. To the dinner, you must eat watermelons in the calculation for thirty kilograms of body weight, one kilogram of pulp.
Watermelon diet results
People, who start this dieting always ask themselves a question – Does the watermelon diet work?
Depending on the type of dieting, the results may vary.
- If you need to quickly lose weight, then use a mono-diet. As a result, you can lose 7-8 kg
- With a 3-day diet, weight loss can range from 2 to 6 kilograms
- A longer 7-day diet will result in a loss of 7-10 kilograms (the same result can be obtained with the 2468 diet).
People who are obese, on this diet will lose more kilograms. This effect is explained by the presence of excess fluid in the body.
Therefore, choose the diets that suit you and forward to a slim figure and a healthy body!