Weight Loss on the Diet of Dr. Atkins
The diet of Dr. Robert Atkins today can be considered a legendary phenomenon. Having appeared for a long time, more than 40 years ago, this technique has become a real breakthrough, a first-of-its-kind diet built on maintaining low carbohydrate levels in everyday nutrition. Featuring brilliant results, the program has gained immense popularity in the west and in many countries of Europe.
The above restriction in nutrition is the key to the success of many foreign celebrities. But is this diet so beautiful? Of course, the methodology has its drawbacks and contra-indications, which we will learn more about in the following material. And also consider the basic rules for its compliance.
Doctor Atkins Diet
The Atkins diet appeared in the 60-ies of the last century and was tested by the doctor himself. As the story goes, a well-known cardiologist weighed more than a hundred kilograms and 30 of them managed to dump due to the above limitation in nutrition.
This diet is also called low-carbohydrate, because it is "built" at a lower percentage of carbohydrates. With regard to other nutrients, no restrictions were imposed on them. Let's take a closer look at the principles of nutrition at the Dr. Atkins diet.
The diet of Dr. Atkins for weight loss is designed for 14 days and is divided into 4 phase:
Especially first phase diet includes the use of not more than 20 grams of carbohydrates per day. Due to such a sharp decrease in this substance, the body will be deficient in glucose. In this connection, he is forced to expend the energy accumulated earlier. In this mode, observe 4-x single power supply. The maximum break between meals is 6 hours. During this period it is especially important to drink plenty of pure still water, giving up potatoes, bakery products and coffee.
The second phase Atkins diet allows the excess of carbohydrates in the menu at 5 grams. With this change in diet, watch your weight carefully. If the process of getting rid of excess kilograms does not stop, you can increase the allowable rate of hydrocarbon-containing products to one hundred grams.
At phase number 3 the amount of allowable carbohydrate is increased by 10 grams. In each meal, not more than one carbohydrate should be added.
The fourth phase method of Dr. Atkins implies the presence in the menu of extremely useful carbohydrate products. Under the prohibition of sweets, fried foods and potatoes.
Now let us take a closer look at the main dietary rules for Dr. Atkins diet:
- as much as possible reduce the amount of consumed hydrocarbon-containing products per day;
- food containing high-calorie foods is allowed, but in moderation;
- starch-containing and sugar-containing products are excluded;
- a day should drink at least one liter of pure still water;
- so as not to overload your stomach, try not to overeat;
- it is recommended to combine a diet with light physical exertion.
If you follow the diet of Dr. Atkins, the menu should in no case include the following list of dishes:
- flour products;
- nuts, seeds;
- beverages containing caffeine;
- sweet fruits: bananas, persimmons, grapes and pineapples.
The Atkins method recommends in the menu the following products:
- pork, rabbit and beef meat;
- all kinds of fish;
- mussels, shrimps;
- olive and sunflower oil;
- mayonnaise in moderation.
Advantages and disadvantages
Despite the brilliant final results, the menu of the above methodology has its drawbacks. Further we consider Advantages and disadvantages of the Atkins diet.
Positive sides this method of losing weight is as follows:
- There is no feeling of hunger;
- The duration of the limited supply of Dr. Atkins is not fixed, you can pick it yourself;
- The first results will appear in a week.
Of shortcomings methods Atkins can be identified:
- Because of the lack of glucose in the body, the activity of the brain decreases to some extent. This is manifested as follows: a decrease in concentration of attention, easy retardation;
- Great is the probability of weakening the body and increasing irritability;
- The lack of calcium contributes to the development of diseases of the heart and bones.
Because of the possible appearance of the above unpleasant consequences for your body, the menu of the Atkins diet should be combined with taking a vitamin complex of medicines.
Menu for the week
From the allowable products of Dr. Atkins diet, you can make the following menu for the week:
- Breakfast: fried eggs with two slices of lightly roasted meat;
- Lunch: two pieces of ham and cheese with greens;
- Dinner: beef chops with spices.
- fried eggs with onions;
- a few dairy sausages;
- boiled chicken with greens.
- omelette with cheese and ham;
- cutlets from pork;
- roast beef and broccoli.
- 250 g smoked fish;
- salad from boiled eggs, mayonnaise and greens;
- fried chicken and cabbage with cucumbers.
- pancakes with syrup;
- slices of cheese and salami;
- chicken ribs with vegetables.
- two sausages and fried eggs;
- salad leaves and rabbit stew;
- stewed turkey with green vegetables.
- fried eggs with cheese and spinach;
- tuna steak with vegetables;
- fried chicken breast fried with lettuce leaves.
Observe the menu, remember that this technique does not in any way allow overeating.
On the diet of Atkins, of the acceptable products, there are many diverse and useful recipes. Let's get acquainted with the most delicious of them:
Omelette with bacon
Ingredients: two chicken eggs, 100 ml milk, 300 g beef meat, a tablespoon of olive oil.
- beat the eggs;
- mix with milk;
- Beef finely chopped and added to the egg-milk mixture;
- carefully mix the ingredients and place on a pan;
- fry in olive oil.
Salad leaves stuffed with meat
Salad leaves stuffed with meat
Ingredients: 400 g of pork, several lettuce leaves, two tablespoons of olive oil.
- to pass meat through a meat grinder;
- fry in oil;
- rinse the leaves thoroughly;
- put ready meat inside.
Ingredients: 200 scales of cucumbers and the same tomato, a pinch of greens, 2-3 olives, 100 gram of brynza, 100 ml of olive oil.
- cut the vegetables;
- cut into cubes cheese;
- mix the ingredients with herbs and olives;
- season with olive oil.