Medical data indicate that a diet with elevated cholesterol prevents the onset of atherosclerosis, as well as the possibility of heart attack and stroke. A balanced diet reduces the quantitative inclusions of cholesterol, prolongs youth and minimizes the risk of cardiovascular problems.
Exchange processes of the body are directly related to the level of cholesterol, which is necessary for the production of sex hormones, the vitamin complex and bile acids. On the one hand, the listed substances help in the removal of toxic elements, perform a regulatory function. At the same time, excess cholesterol provokes circulatory disorders due to the formation of atherosclerotic plaques, which is dangerous by occluding arteries.
Menu diet for high cholesterol
The need to lower the cholesterol content is assessed by the doctor. In order to preserve the health and purity of the vessels, an integrated approach is used:
- regulation of weight, based on the index of body mass index;
- getting rid of addictions (alcohol abuse, smoking);
- maintaining the physical form;
- diet with increased cholesterol;
- if necessary, the use of therapy by medication.
Equally important is the reduction in the total number of consumed fats, the rejection of animal fats (butter, smalets, etc.), the consumption of vegetable fats (linseed, hemp, olive, etc.).
Allowed meals and foods with elevated cholesterol:
- flour – bakery products only from coarse wheat varieties (macaroni, dietary cookies);
- cereals – cereals from wheat, buckwheat or oat flakes, cooked on water (can be on skim milk);
- meat – preferably lean fish without skin, you can lean meat (lamb, veal, beef) boiled or baked;
- milk and dairy products – only skim or fat content 1-1,5%;
- berries and fruits – fresh (freshly squeezed juice), can be preserved;
- eggs – up to 4-x per day or protein without restrictions;
- vegetables – cabbage (broccoli, white cabbage, Peking, etc.), cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, tomato, beets, potatoes, greens;
- tea is better green, you can not have strong black tea;
- red dry wine – is allowed.
Prohibited foods with elevated cholesterol:
- hard-boiled tea, chocolate-based drinks, coffee, cocoa;
- sweet pastries, cakes, chocolate;
- meat with a fat layer, fat varieties of fish and poultry, it is also not recommended – lard, caviar, kidneys, liver;
- smoked products, salted fish, spicy;
- products from soft wheat varieties;
- semolina, cooked with milk;
- sugar dried fruits;
- radish, radish;
- sorrel, spinach.
The daily diet should be divided into five or six meals.
Approximate diet with increased cholesterol menu:
- first meal:
- buckwheat / oatmeal with olive or other butter and tea;
- meat omelet (or with the addition of low-fat sour cream) and tea (with low-fat cream / milk).
- second meal:
- vegetables with herbs, poured with olive oil (it is useful to use kelp);
- an Apple;
- low-fat cottage cheese (if you want to introduce a little sugar).
- options for dining:
- Vegetarian vegetable soup, pearl barley and vegetable oil, added at the end of cooking, steamed vegetables or steam cutlets (lean meat / fish) with compote;
- fish or steamed meat, cereal soup without fried, compote or fresh apple.
- options for an afternoon snack:
- tea (250ml);
- soy or bran bread.
- supper options:
- salad of fresh vegetables with herbs and vegetable oil (olive, linseed, etc.), baked or braised fish, tea with milk;
- boiled / baked potatoes with vegetable salad, tea;
- cabbage stewed with a steaming fish, pilaf with the addition of dried fruits, fresh fruit, biscuits, tea.
- before bedtime:
- kefir (250ml).
When choosing cereals, you should buy raw grains (brown rice, oats, buckwheat). Bread products are preferably coarse flour (a couple of slices of bread or a bun), and salt – up to 6.
Table diet for high cholesterol
In order to lower the level of cholesterol, it is important to understand what products should be used, the number of which should be minimized, and which ones are completely prohibited. On this depends the success of treatment and further well-being. The list of food products should be adjusted based on the individual characteristics of the patient: allergic reactions and taste predilections.
Can be in a moderate amount
veal, rabbit, chicken, turkey without skin
pork, goose, duck, pate, sausages and canned goods
lean lamb, beef, ham, liver
marine non-fat (parovarnaya, baked, stewed), oysters, scallop
fatty, fried, river fish, shrimp, squid
crabs, mussels, lobsters
any vegetable (olive, linseed, corn, etc.) in raw form
animal fats, margarine, butter, fat / lard
add vegetable oil to stews and baked dishes
protein (better than quail)
dishes on roast and on meat broth
low-fat cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt, milk, kefir, etc.
fatty fermented milk products and cheeses, as well as milk
products with an average fat content
bread and pasta from durum wheat / coarse flour,
white bread and buns, pasta from soft wheat varieties
bakery products from fine grinding flour
juice or fruit juice unsweetened, fruit desserts
cakes, cakes (especially with fatty, oily cream), all kinds of pastries, ice cream
Baking and other confectionery products based on vegetable oils
fresh, steam, legumes, greens, potatoes to cook in a uniform
fried, grilled, grilled, chips
salted, fried, coconut
white, green, herbal tea, water (all not sweet)
coffee, hot chocolate, cocoa
alcohol (not more than a glass of wine), as an additive to tea, low-fat milk or cream
yoghurt, lemon, pepper, vinegar, mustard
sour cream, fatty creamy and mayonnaise
ketchup, low-fat mayonnaise, soy sauce
The diet with elevated cholesterol is based on the observance of ten rules:
- choose low-fat fish or poultry. If you cook beef, mutton or veal, then cut the fatty layers from the pieces. Refuse the semi-finished products (sausages, bacon, etc.) and by-products (brain, kidneys, etc.);
- a third reduce the total intake of fats (forget about animal fats);
- Do not consume palm oil (use sunflower, olive, soybean, linseed, etc., preferably cold pressed);
- Do not be tempted by cakes, pastries, cakes, desserts with fatty cream, ice cream, as they are rich in carbohydrates and fats;
- in eggs, only proteins that can be eaten without restriction are useful. Eggs are fully permitted in an amount not exceeding three pieces per week;
- Milk and fermented milk products should not be more than 2% fat. It is preferable to drink skimmed yoghurts and eat low-fat cheeses;
- caution should be observed with complex carbohydrates, the quantitative content of which in the daily diet is half the total amount of food – porridge cook on water (can be on low-fat milk). Corn flakes and oat flakes are shown only in the morning. Peas, beans, soybeans and other legumes are rich in vegetable protein, so they perfectly replace meat dishes. Bakery products should also not be misused (up to 5-6 slices per day);
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits. Perfectly lower cholesterol – apples, grapefruits, oranges, pineapples, melon, plums, kiwi. You can eat canned fruit, frozen vegetables, unsweetened dried fruits;
- a diet with increased cholesterol, excluding coffee, helps to reduce its level by almost 20%;
- dry red wines are known for their protective properties against vessels (contain flavonoids that have antioxidant properties). The daily norm is half-glass, if there are no medical contraindications.