Diet and nutrition in case of gastric ulcer
Ulcer – a disease of the gastrointestinal tract, which occurs in humans quite often. Diet in the ulcer of the stomach and duodenum plays a significant role in the recovery of the patient. In the treatment of the stomach is exposed to negative effects of medicines, any food is a stress for him. Therefore, neglect of the principles of nutrition will have serious health consequences.
There are such basic recommendations that regulate nutrition in the stomach ulcer and speed up the treatment:
- dishes should contain a sufficient number of proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, fats and vitamins;
- it is impossible that food contributes to the development of increased acidity;
- all the cooked food is rubbed into a kind of gruel;
- eat on a little bit and many times during the day (4-5 once a day);
- dishes should be non-hot and not cold – room temperature;
- exclude from the diet table salt (maximum 10-12 g);
- Do not use sharp, sour or smoked dishes;
- Do not forget to drink enough water – at least 2 liters per day;
- the main emphasis in the diet should be made on sour-milk and dairy products.
The diet should contain up to 450 g carbohydrates, 100 g protein and 120 g fat. For a day, use from 3000 to 3500 kcal. Nutrition must be respected, despite the prohibitions.
Permitted and Prohibited Products
The key to a quick recovery is proper strict nutrition with a stomach ulcer. There are certain limitations. The question arises: what can you eat with a stomach ulcer? Contraindicated to use:
- smoked products;
- spices, ginger, chicory;
- soy sauce, because it is too salty;
- fried food (steaks, shish kebab);
- dishes from the dough: dumplings, vareniki, pancakes;
- sour berries, fruits (lemon, grapefruit, pomegranate, etc.);
- fruits and berries, with a thick skin;
- fatty meat and fish;
- bakery products;
- sweets, sweets;
- fatty meat and fish broths;
- thick, fatty soups, for example, ears, mushrooms, cabbage.
You can include in your diet:
- dry pastry;
- omelet and soft-boiled eggs;
- dairy products of low fat content;
- vegetable, cereal and milk soups;
- low-fat meat;
- stewed vegetables (carrots, pumpkins, beets, potatoes, zucchini);
- cereals and pasta;
- vegetable and animal oil;
- not sour berries, fruits (strawberries, raspberries, black currants, apples, pears);
- drinks: decoctions and herbal teas, non-carbonated and special mineral water (for example, Essentuki), vegetable and fruit (but not acidic, like pomegranate or orange) fresh, cocoa.
Diet with gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer is designed for different periods of the disease. Depending on the stage of the course and the strength of the symptoms, one should adhere to a certain type of nutrition in order to speed up the process of treatment. Each diet is designed for the specific situation and symptomatology that accompanies the disease.
Diet: principles, list of products
Meals make every 2-3 hour in small portions, while observing the ratio between carbohydrates, proteins and fats – 5: 1: 1. Patients in the period of exacerbation of chronic peptic ulcer often have stomach pains. Therefore, you should take such food that does not hurt the stomach.
List of products allowed to be consumed:
- boiled meat without fat;
- dried bread;
- butter and vegetable oil;
- cottage cheese, sour cream, low-fat milk;
- braised or boiled vegetables;
- sea fish (cleanse from bones and skin);
- baked fruit (apples, pears);
- drinks: still water, medicinal mineral waters (for example, Essentuki), tea diluted with milk, juices with water.
Legumes, turnips, radish, leaf, cabbage, color, Brussels sprouts are forbidden. Fish dishes are steamed, not in the form of soup.
The range of products from which you can cook is quite wide. Choose for yourself the optimal combination, learn how to combine the ingredients, and the diet will not only be useful, but will also gain gastronomic appeal, the dishes will be exquisitely delicious, and the food will bring only true pleasure. For example, here are a few recipes useful and not forbidden with ulcer dishes, which will be a wonderful addition to your diet.
Pass the breast twice through the meat grinder. In the meat mass, add the yolk and sour cream. Whip the protein to foam. Carefully add to the mixture. Lubricate the form with oil, lay out the souffle and bring it to readiness on the steam bath. Before cooking, you need to prepare the ingredients:
- a piece of chicken breast (cooked);
- 1 egg;
- a pinch of salt;
- 1 tablespoon of thick sour cream;
- 1 a teaspoon of butter.
Wipe the berries through a sieve. Add sugar and cook on low heat until thick. Whip the whites into a foam and gently enter them into the berry puree. Let it cool down. Lubricate the form with butter and mash it. Bake in an oven preheated to 200 ° C. Preparation time is 10 minutes. For preparation it is necessary:
- 100 g raspberries, strawberries or black currants (currant – vitamin variant);
- one and a half tablespoons of sugar;
- 3 egg white;
- half a teaspoon of butter.
After an ulcer of this kind was found, the first 1-2 days should not be eaten. Drink teas from medicinal herbs, flaxseed or diluted with half the water with carrot juice. Further the doctor should give the approval on a diet. The most commonly used food is the number 1, because it is very light and not traumatizing the stomach. Stick to the diet from 10 to 12 days until the ulcer has healed. Example menu for the day:
- Breakfast – grated unsalted oatmeal on the water, chamomile tea.
- Snack – low-fat yogurt, cracker (without seasonings, not roasted).
- Snack – cooked steamed meatball (cutlet) from fish, boiled rice, tea from linden flowers.
- Dinner – one or two soft-boiled eggs, jelly, cracker.
- Before going to bed, a cup of warm milk.
During this period, the symptoms of ulcers increase – a person experiences severe stomach pain. But, despite this, it is necessary to eat. Therefore, all food is rubbed into porridge and consumed in this form. Dishes should be served warm and unsalted. Example menu for the day:
- Breakfast – an omelet made from protein for a couple, oatmeal.
- Snack – yogurt.
- Lunch – soup of barley porridge, mashed potatoes and carrots, a small piece of chicken breast, tea with milk.
- Snack – soup with rice and milk.
- Supper – oatmeal with the addition of butter, chamomile tea.
- Before going to bed – tea with milk.
With a bleeding and perforating ulcer
With a bleeding ulcer, a very strict diet option is used. You should eat liquid food – soups diluted with water or milk porridge (oatmeal, buckwheat), scrambled steamed or boiled protein, teas, herbal infusions, carrot and potato fresh, half diluted with water. It is important that the food does not end with a new bleeding and the wound is successfully healed. The perforated ulcer of the stomach is treated only by surgery. Before and after the intervention, the intake of any food is excluded, nutrients in the body are administered intravenously.
After removing the stomach ulcer, the diet should be made separately for each patient. If the patient’s recovery process is quick and without complications, he is given a normal diet, as for all patients with peptic ulcer. But there are general rules of nutrition in the postoperative period:
- Day 1 – a patient on the first day is prohibited from eating.
- Day 2 – in the absence of complications – half a cup of liquid (drink tea spoons).
- Day 3 – drink 2 cup of liquid – water, tea, diluted broth (room temperature).
- Day 4 – in addition to liquid: eggs, jelly, soup with oatmeal. From 10 to 12 meals on 4-5 glasses of food.
- Day 5 – you can drink an unlimited amount of liquid, eat semolina porridge, cottage cheese and grated dietary soup, boiled meat, in the form of grated soufflé, meatballs, cutlets.